Luke Walton's car stolen during Oakland Hills Crime Spree

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Luke Walton's car stolen during Oakland Hills Crime Spree

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Brazen-Crimes-Hit-Oaklands-Montclair-Neighborhood-353102651.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrand

Quote:
Warriors Coach Luke Walton's Mercedes Benz Stolen During Oakland Hills Crime Spree: District Attorney

A series of brazen crimes have left residents rattled in Oakland's Montclair neighborhood. Jodi Hernandez reports. (Published 3 hours ago)

One of the cars stolen during an Oakland Hills crime spree belongs to Golden State Warriors coach Luke Walton, Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O'Malley said late Monday.

Walton's Mercedes Benz was stolen Tuesday by two suspects, who police believe are also responsible for a violent attack on a 75-year-old woman outside her home on Thursday. The suspects also took the woman's car during the attack, according to police.

The series of brazen crimes reported in the city's Montclair neighborhood have left residents rattled.

Officers arrested two people on Friday, but the crimes on the street did not stop. Residents said another family's home was burglarized later that night as they slept.

In the late Friday incident, police said it started with someone breaking into the family's car and stealing their garage door opener.

Another neighbor had her Mercedes stolen from her driveway Friday night. Her surveillance cameras were not activated because her home is being painted.

"I'm angry people feel they can come into the hills and take what's not theirs," said Carolyn Winter, a resident and auto theft victim. "We've had three this week in a period of a few days and so clearly they are surveying the neighborhood, which is also disturbing,"

Meanwhile, police continue to investigate the incidents and are working with area captains, patrol officers and witnesses to help capture the suspects. Police are also looking at any video surveillance in the area as part of the investigation.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

WHOA! Montclair hits too close to home. Gotta make sure my peoples are OK. Yikes!
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Norcal is not safe. Come home Luke.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Their Montclair is nicer than ours. He stays. Their Montclair is our Claremont. Sorta.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject:

Montclair is Oakland's pacific Palisades. It's pretty nice.

Obviously Oakland has a higher crime rate as an aggregate compared to LA, but let's not assume that areas like pac pal are immune to crime.

Some of my family lives there and there was a rash of door kick in burglaries there last summer. It's proximity to the 10 freeway makes pacific Palisades an attractive target.

Lastly, how the hell do you steal a newer Mercedes? Aren't they like nearly impossible to start without the "key"?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

Obviously Oakland has a higher crime rate as an aggregate compared to LA, but let's not assume that areas like pac pal are immune to crime.

Some of my family lives there and there was a rash of door kick in burglaries there last summer. It's proximity to the 10 freeway makes pacific Palisades an attractive target.

Lastly, how the hell do you steal a newer Mercedes? Aren't they like nearly impossible to start without the "key"?

That's what I wanted to know but while it sucks at least he can afford another car or hitch a ride from Klay or Steph.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

Not if you have a blank key and reprogram it.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
nickuku wrote:

DO IT MITCH!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

This is off-topic, but are Mercedes Benzes considered prestigious enough that even deca-millionaires like Luke drive them? I always thought of them as being below Bentleys, Rolls Royces, Aston Martins, etc. and more for doctors/lawyers than the ultra-rich.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
This is off-topic, but are Mercedes Benzes considered prestigious enough that even deca-millionaires like Luke drive them? I always thought of them as being below Bentleys, Rolls Royces, Aston Martins, etc. and more for doctors/lawyers than the ultra-rich.

Not if you don't want the extra attention with something more exotic like a Bentley or Rolls Royce. Most Mercedes can blend in with the normal cars you see everyday in traffic. Plus Luke doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would blow his millions into a vehicle collection.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject:

Luke's father probably shops at thrift stores or goodwill for his clothes. If Luke is anything like Bill, I doubt he has expensive tastes.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
Luke's father probably shops at thrift stores or goodwill for his clothes. If Luke is anything like Bill, I doubt he has expensive tastes.

Then why drive a luxury car at all?

kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

No offense to anyone, but I've always viewed men who drive Benz's to be douchey. Then again, I have 2 old chevy's so lots of modern, european luxury cars look douchey to me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: