Magic isn't blasting the coach much these days
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Magic isn't blasting the coach much these days

Magic got what he wanted -- after going nuts with angry rants on Twitter during the whole time D'Antoni was the coach. After succeeding in driving him out of town, he finally got his boy '' B SCOTT, BABY B". This was the return of Showtime and the Laker way -- 4 hour practices just likes Riles used to hold. Old school toughness.

Instead we have an out-of-touch old man with no offensive imagination who has apparently lost the locker room.

If the Lakers were playing like this under D'Antoni, Magic would be on TNT blasting them to high heaven.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject:

If I had Twitter I'd call out magic on this
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject:

the theme we are seeing everywhere...

NO ACCOUNTABILITY.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject:

Well, isn't it somewhat understandable though?

MDA never should have been hired and unfortunately he had to be fired. Not because he was a bad coach but because the fanbase would never forgive him being hired over Phil.
Jimbo is stuck trying to appease to the fanbase for not hiring Phil. Therefore he hired BScott, a former Laker and a popular choice. He drafted Dlo over Porzingis even though I'm pretty sure they knew Porzingis would be better. How the hell could they not? Short sighted decisions though, both backfired and keep backfiring.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject:

Cause he is snake with Phil & Jeanie
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

MDA never should have been hired and unfortunately he had to be fired. Not because he was a bad coach but because the fanbase would never forgive him being hired over Phil.
Jimbo is stuck trying to appease to the fanbase for not hiring Phil. Therefore he hired BScott, a former Laker and a popular choice. He drafted Dlo over Porzingis even though I'm pretty sure they knew Porzingis would be better. How the hell could they not? Short sighted decisions though, both backfired and keep backfiring.

Quite amazing how you think Porky has anything to do with the current situation. That's the least of the problems as DLO is playing well as of late.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

Just another exciting loss for Magic.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Quite amazing how you think Porky has anything to do with the current situation. That's the least of the problems as DLO is playing well as of late.

I'm really torn about KP and Dlo. On one hand I really wanted KP and I knew he'd be great but on the other I like Dlo and I want to support him. But I do hate the FO. So I want to keep bringing it up because the FO sucks and it's another one of their bad decisions. So Dlo really becomes collateral damage in my rants against the FO.

There is no doubt we'd be around .500 with KP right now. He's the Knicks best player, he'd be our best player so it is a big deal. The margin between them is huge, despite that I like Dlo. He's not an impact player at this point.

My point isn't necessarily about KP (not Porky!!!!!!!!)
It's about the pattern that the FO tries to appease the fanbase and they're being shortsighted doing it. All leads back to Phil because it all started with him and BScott was a very popular choice because he's a former Laker.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject:

Byron is doing a pretty good job of blasting himself based on the results. Obviously he doesn't need any help.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

I'm really torn about KP and Dlo. On one hand I really wanted KP and I knew he'd be great but on the other I like Dlo and I want to support him. But I do hate the FO. So I want to keep bringing it up because the FO sucks and it's another one of their bad decisions. So Dlo really becomes collateral damage in my rants against the FO.

There is no doubt we'd be around .500 with KP right now. He's the Knicks best player, he'd be our best player so it is a big deal. The margin between them is huge, despite that I like Dlo. He's not an impact player at this point.

It's about the pattern that the FO tries to appease the fanbase and they're being shortsighted doing it. All leads back to Phil because it all started with him and BScott was a very popular choice because he's a former Laker.

sorry man. Kudos for spotting Porky, but it's a bit ridiculous to think he's some panacea. He wouldn't hit the floor with Scott as coach, and would be Parking Braked just like DLO is right now.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

KP not Porky!
How many times do we gotta go through this? KP loooool!!

Not about him again. It's about Jim running the Lakers as if it's the American Idol. It's not. He wants to make popular decisions because he blew it with MDA and he knows it. BScott unfortunately was a very popular decision. And yes, that's why Magic nor any of the former Lakers speak against him. BScott being the worst Lakers coach ever will not necessarily harm his legacy with the franchise. As it didn't harm Magic's or Rambis' legacy.

MDA however wasn't accepted from the get go. People hated everything that was associated to him. Small ball, fast breaks, 3 pointers, pick and roll. People actually wanted to go back to the kind of basketball that Byron coaches.
Now everyone realizes that was wrong.

I was one of the few MDA supporters here and while it was a mistake to hire him, he was an awesome coach. Jim blew it though and he tries to correct it by making popular decisions that end up being awful for the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject:

It's always Krispy Pork Fat to me. I'll stick with Krispy as a compromise?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

You always speak in such definitive terms, especially on things that are so outlandish. If you think a rookie is adding 5 extra wins in 14 games, I don't know what to say. That would mean that he would be on pace to add an additional 29 wins this season, which is better than prime-Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, Jordan, etc.. Good Lord has the Porzingis hype jumped the shark.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

I love Magic and I loved how he blasted our past coaches and management, but him turning a blind eye to the mess Byron is doing is the top of hypocrisy and has made him lose all credibility with me on the the subject.
:Worthy Mamba Magic:
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

DLo the scrub. It's laughable. Not a single Rookie would flourish with Scott. All this Zinger talk or Mudiay. They would be awful here. Worse than the supposed 2nd coming of Jimmer Fredette we apparently drafted.
The issue is nobody is in charge. Someone needs to step up and clean house. Houston fires a playoff coach 10 games in. Why?? It was apparent the team and his direction weren't working. In sports stability is often under valued but at the same time, if the ship is sinking. Abandon that coffin. It's so apparent that this coach and his staff are running things their way and not being progressive. It's sad.

Magic, Kareem, Worthy. You guys are the problem. You don't call out your boys ever but condemn anyone not in the Purple and Gold club. Please Lakers, hire a young, charismatic, intelligent Coach. Shaka Smart. Kevin Ollie. Luke. Becky Hammond. Someone that can imprint this team with actual coaching and energy. Magic you should be ashamed.

Illiterate's could read the literature in my scriptures...
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject:

Magic needs to worry less about the Lakers and worry more about how to make sure the Dodgers don't fold like a cheap suit in the playoffs every year.

!...
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

You always speak in such definitive terms, especially on things that are so outlandish. If you think a rookie is adding 5 extra wins in 14 games, I don't know what to say. That would mean that he would be on pace to add an additional 29 wins this season, which is better than prime-Shaq, Kobe, LeBron, Jordan, etc.. Good Lord has the Porzingis hype jumped the shark.

I think with the way Byron makes up his mind on things without considering contrary evidence, KP would probably have started the season with a couple of DNP-CD's.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject:

Oh, Scott would have hated Krispy's confident attitude, chalking it up to cockiness and never letting him see game time.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject:

I think "air cover" is the theme for this season.

Is it possible the FOs end game was to give Kobe a farewell tour, and by bringing in Byron Scott, not only do they get a coach willing to do just that, but they also get air cover from the local media in the process?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject:

If you would have told me when I was a kid that one day I'd grow up to dislike Magic Johnson I never would have believed it.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

Michael Cooper sure did call out Scott and Kobe and James was looking like shut it down bruh!
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

He is in tough spot.
Guess he can't throw his friend ManUp under the bus
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

It all leads back to Jeannie. Kobe's contract, hiring Scott. Jeannie.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
If you would have told me when I was a kid that one day I'd grow up to dislike Magic Johnson I never would have believed it.

Or Byron. I loved him growing up as a kid.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

I still love Magic, I have just added an additional word to describe him, hypocrite.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: