Magic isn't blasting the coach much these days
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
If you would have told me when I was a kid that one day I'd grow up to dislike Magic Johnson I never would have believed it.

Or Byron. I loved him growing up as a kid.

In fairness, if one of my good friends was coaching the Lakers, I don't think I'd be calling him out on it in the national media either.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Today's word of the day

HYPOCRITE (see magic Johnson)
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:
Yeah... i never expected the showtime crew to criticize Scott. I understood that. I just hope they don't try to make him sound competent. Then i'll be upset. As long as they stay quiet, i don't have a problem.

This is a good point, but the hypocrisy of it all is the fact that Magic openly bashed the coaching and FO of our organization when it wasn't what HE wanted. Now he is nowhere to be found. Time to "man up" Magic.

If Magic is in power Byron isn't HC. Magic makes Phil president, who then hires Rambis and either Fish/Shaw/Kerr as Lakers HC. While I don't think any of those guys mean a huge difference, it wouldn't be Scott who Magic would be needing to defend or "call out". It'd be Phil Jackson, because that's who Magic has wanted to be in Laker power far far before Scott got hired. People need to get their facts straight, Magic loves the Lakers he has no need for the Lakers at this point in his life. The very fact that he calls out Jim Buss and the coaching hires are proof that he still cares a great deal about the franchise. He is no different than you or I at this point, an outsider who loves the Lakers and wants them to do well. I bet it kills him to see the Lakers suck.

Now that doesn't make Magic right, but we shouldn't pretend this is the blue print Magic would have had - had he been in power to make decisions. He of course supported Byron being hired. It's his buddy. That doesn't mean he'd have hired him 3-4 years ago or that this would have been Magic's plan had he been in power.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Cause he is snake with Phil & Jeanie

phil is doing right by his team.....turning them around. what does he have to do with the lakers.....oh that's right he wanted to run the show here but jim said no.... jim would be our savior....hows that working.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Actually Dr. Buss said no.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
If you would have told me when I was a kid that one day I'd grow up to dislike Magic Johnson I never would have believed it.

In fairness, if one of my good friends was coaching the Lakers, I don't think I'd be calling him out on it in the national media either.

If one of my friends was coaching the Lakers this way, they would no longer be a friend.

Well, that's not true. I'd say great job now get me tickets. And if he didn't, and coached this way, then no longer my friend. =)
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:

If one of my friends was coaching the Lakers this way, they would no longer be a friend.

Well, that's not true. I'd say great job now get me tickets. And if he didn't, and coached this way, then no longer my friend. =)

You were the chosen one! You were supposed to destroy the tank, not join it! Bring balance to the team! Not throw it in darkness! You were my brother [insert friend name], I loved you. But I will not accept you.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Is that what jim buss said?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Is that what jim buss said?

Well Jim isn't a Dr, so no.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: