The Logo: "Bothers me the Lakers are in Woeful Shape; they're Basketball is Not Appealing"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: The Logo: "Bothers me the Lakers are in Woeful Shape; they're Basketball is Not Appealing"

@knbrmurph:

Jerry West to KNBR on the Lakers: "It does bother me" to see his old team, the Lakers, in such woeful shape. "They just don't play the type of basketball that is appealing nor the winning kind of basketball."

Last edited by Jordan-esque on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I guess only the non showtime Lakers can tell it like it is
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject:

#oldschool
#2adaypractices
#woodbutt
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

#FireByronScott
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

#comeback
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Will Magic tweet about this?

"Jerry West is absolutely right. Saddens me to see how far our great Laker team has fallen. Credit to Coach Scott for keeping the ship afloat during these hard times!"
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

Mychal Thompson has definitely been critical of Scott.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

What has Mychal said about this mess?
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:

It feels like all the brillant minds have left the lakers and we're left with the delusional and mediocre ones. Some big changes have to happen and soon.

Last edited by Vin on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

What has Mychal said about this mess?

He's not as candid as we are but, I've heard him be critical of managing minutes and not having any cohesiveness. He thinks training camp should've been enough for this team to play well together. I'm pretty sure he's been vocal about the rookies not playing enough either.

today, Trudell was at a complete loss for words as to why the rooks didn't play at garbage time. He had no justification and was stumbling on his words. Jeff Katz laughed.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject:

If Jerry West thinks so, do other Free Agents also think the Lakers are "Not Appealing" to play for right now?

#ByeDurant?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject:

It definitely isn't appealing. I watched almost every game the last two seasons, but if not for Randle, Russell, Clarkson, Nance and hopefully Brown, I wouldn't bother this season. I wanted to give Byron the benefit of the doubt but he is worse this season than last.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
If Jerry West thinks so, do other Free Agents also think the Lakers are "Not Appealing" to play for right now?

#ByeDurant?

Couldn't be. Byron said last year free agents told him they wanted to come!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Refreshing that the architect of Showtime is not afraid to tell it like it is.
Genaro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

I disagree with Jerry on this one. They just need to man up.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Wow, it had to be said.

Thank you Logo.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It definitely isn't appealing. I watched almost every game the last two seasons, but if not for Randle, Russell, Clarkson, Nance and hopefully Brown, I wouldn't bother this season. I wanted to give Byron the benefit of the doubt but he is worse this season than last.

This. The young guys are why I"m tuning in.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

West is right, but I bet the people who whine about other former Lakers saying things like this "because how it impacts FA" won't say a word here.

This is what happens when you have no planning with your coaching hires - outside of knowing you want capspace and don't have issues with lottery picks year after year. Many teams are doing same, but the successful ones hire the right coach and bring in FA's that compliment their young draft picks quicker than the Lakers have shown.

It's not dire - but we certainly could have done a better job the last 2 years to add some complimentary talent and hire a halfway decent HC who could last 4 years at one place.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
West is right, but I bet the people who whine about other former Lakers saying things like this "because how it impacts FA" won't say a word here.

This is what happens when you have no planning with your coaching hires - outside of knowing you want capspace and don't have issues with lottery picks year after year. Many teams are doing same, but the successful ones hire the right coach and bring in FA's that compliment their young draft picks quicker than the Lakers have shown.

It's not dire - but we certainly could have done a better job the last 2 years to add some complimentary talent and hire a halfway decent HC who could last 4 years at one place.

I think it is. The next two years presents a huge opportunity in terms of Free Agency. Whiffing again because of all the things you correctly stated is going to be a massive blow.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

This is what I want to see. The young guys playing a lot, mix in the veteran players and see what happens. I think they should be doing record wise better than what they are, but this scheme and rotations of Byron get's on my last nerve. Not to mention he let's Kobe go off the rails when he's not that player anymore. Don't know if he's in cahoots with Jeannie hoping the team is horrible so they can force Jim out, that's crossed my mind with how he's coaching. Not expecting the Lakers to be a power, but expected them to do better than they have.

Golden State put on a clinic of how to play and share the ball and the Lakers put on a clinic of how not to play basketball with all the iso set .
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: West: "It bothers me the Lakers are in Woeful shape; they're basketball is Not Appealing..."

Jordan-esque wrote:
@knbrmurph:
Jerry West to KNBR on the Lakers: "It does bother me" to see his old team, the Lakers, in such "woeful shape. They just don't play the type of basketball that is appealing nor the winning kind of basketball."

Thank you.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are rebuilding. Rebuilding usually is never pretty. You just constantly have to hear about it in the media simply because it's the Lakers.

I don't really have an issue with how the Lakers are rebuilding. The only issue that I have is the coaching. And unfortunately that's a big issue and that's why this rebuilding time looks awful. This roster is a 30-35 win team and doesn't have money locked into mid-tier players. Just a few years ago we won 27 games with a much worse roster.

But on the flip side if we didn't have Byron we probably wouldn't keep our pick last year and Russell looks like he'll be a great player in the future.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

This. And for the street cred I'll have on LG when all the bandwagoners hop on board a couple years from now.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
The Lakers are rebuilding. Rebuilding usually is never pretty. You just constantly have to hear about it in the media simply because it's the Lakers.

I don't really have an issue with how the Lakers are rebuilding. The only issue that I have is the coaching. And unfortunately that's a big issue and that's why this rebuilding time looks awful. This roster is a 30-35 win team and doesn't have money locked into mid-tier players. Just a few years ago we won 27 games with a much worse roster.

But on the flip side if we didn't have Byron we probably wouldn't keep our pick last year and Russell looks like he'll be a great player in the future.

Putting it in perspective - this team will be lucky to win 20 all year.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Putting it in perspective - this team will be lucky to win 20 all year.

You have high hopes .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: