Jahlil Okafor gets into TWO street fights in Boston (Pg 8: Video of 2nd fight)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Another reason I never really wanted Okafor
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I haven't read all of the posts here, but the one area of Okafor's incident I haven't read much about is how much he's putting his very life in jeopardy. It's not just about a street fight. The climate I grew up in was that you could get away with that after a fight. Now now.. You've got some trigger happy cats out there, and in the heat of the moment, he's gone.

These were my thoughts before I heard about a prior incident of a gun pointed at his head.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sixers: If there is another Okafor incident, he will walk

The Sixers don't have a curfew but the team asks players to make responsible decisions, Brown said. He said the team won't change how it handles players following games.

''Jahlil (Okafor) knows if he had to (tell him about an altercation) again he would walk,'' he said. ''It's an unfortunate thing. As coach of the team its part of one of the many layers you have to do to coach young people.''
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boston-police-no-investigation-apparent-okafor-fight-160156755--nba.html

Wow....

Alright, obviously there is something bigger going on that the Sixers don't know. It's likely more than these two incidents but we only heard about the one all the way back in October because of this one. Who knows what else the Sixers have 'swept' under the rug...

Even so, so early that's....harsh... unless this isn't the 2nd time either. Who knows how many times it's been swept under the rug, we're just hearing about the fight in October now, so who knows what else they know. (shrug)

Anyway If the 76ers did that I'm pretty sure he wouldn't make it past waivers, heck I doubt it'd take 3 hours, SOMEONE would go get him and quickly.

But wow still... makes you wonder what else has been going on behind the scenes.

Even so, we shall see where this goes.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Quote:

The Sixers don't have a curfew but the team asks players to make responsible decisions, Brown said. He said the team won't change how it handles players following games.

''Jahlil (Okafor) knows if he had to (tell him about an altercation) again he would walk,'' he said. ''It's an unfortunate thing. As coach of the team its part of one of the many layers you have to do to coach young people.''
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boston-police-no-investigation-apparent-okafor-fight-160156755--nba.html

Wow....

Alright, obviously there is something bigger going on that the Sixers don't know. It's likely more than these two incidents but we only heard about the one all the way back in October because of this one. Who knows what else the Sixers have 'swept' under the rug...

Even so, so early that's....harsh... unless this isn't the 2nd time either. Who knows how many times it's been swept under the rug, we're just hearing about the fight in October now, so who knows what else they know. (shrug)

Anyway If the 76ers did that I'm pretty sure he wouldn't make it past waivers, heck I doubt it'd take 3 hours, SOMEONE would go get him and quickly.

But wow still... makes you wonder what else has been going on behind the scenes.

Oh god, please let there be another incident. Lakers claim Okafor off waivers and end up with both Russell and Okafor...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
Quote:

Wow....

Oh god, please let there be another incident. Lakers claim Okafor off waivers and end up with both Russell and Okafor...

Maybe that's his plan Lol.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
Quote:

Wow....

I guess the part about the Lakers not wanting Okafor escaped you.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

I think that statement is referring to Jah walking away from the heckler next time rather than waiving him
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
I think that statement is referring to Jah walking away from the heckler next time rather than waiving him

Yeah I don't think there's a chance in hell the Sixers waive him.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

Okafor acting like Bynum these days: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Okafor-stopped-for-going-108-MPH-over-bridge.html
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Okafor acting like Bynum these days: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Okafor-stopped-for-going-108-MPH-over-bridge.html

This kid is going to self-destruct before we even get to January.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

MJST on point

It's going to be interesting to hear what the sixers hid behind the scenes as more news surfaces.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

It's funny how everything comes out after one incident. Though Okafor doesn't seem like a trouble maker, it is a wake up call for him and his maturity level. The Sixers losing culture is getting to him fast.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject:

Man... this guy. I know the Sixers are an embarrassment to the League, but the idiotic things he's doing, well that's just an embarrassment to himself.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

Ha. Even before all of this other stuff came I out, I knew the street fight would be smoke. It always is. Pretty clear now there is a fire and likely, in the not too distant future, we're going to see an explosion or a steady increasing burn. Future looks murky for Oak -- it's sad.

Kudos to the FO though for doing their homework. I don't follow a ton of college ball, but, I remember one of the big red flags on Oak was that he doesn't love the game. I think the same was said about Bynum. So basketball becomes a means for other things then, and that's sort of what we're seeing here.

Let's hope he doesn't turn it around starting with a win against our Lakers =)
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Quote:

Wow....

That refers to walking away from the situation, not leaving the team.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

It's nice to see karma biting the 76ers in the ass for their deliberate, systematic tanking. Now, as long as they don't get the #1 pick and don't get to keep the Lakers' pick this year, all will be well.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

Did he piss someone off in org or philly media? These two incidents were before the punching incident and all of a sudden coming out now.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

Man the Sixers just have fantastic luck with centers lol.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

Yep, like I said, there's no other reason for the Sixers to be so quick to state the consequences of another Okafor "incident".

There has been more incidents they've had to deal with but swept under the rug, now that th street fight happened, more and more and more incidents will start to surface.

What's disheartening is that he's barely 15 games into his NBA career and already 3 incidents have surfaced.

That kind of mentality + the Sixers losing culture do not mix. If he remains there his entire rookie year as these things continue to happen I doubt he'll even have much love for the game left after it.

Thus far they're 3 for 3 in centers increasing their 'not giving a [expletive] anymore' attitude toward the organization.

Bynum, Embiid and now Okafor.

Something is very very wrong with how they run their organization and it's trickling down to their players. Their players are to blame for their stupid actions as well however, and are far from absolved. But how the Sixers run things is also a part of the problem that can't be ignored either.

Last edited by MJST on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

Can't rebound and this (bleep), bullet dodged, I don't think we need more games to realize this.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

That's one good thing with Lakers & Knicks fanbase. They don't appreciate losing culture no matter what condition franchise is in. FO can't keep on selling dreams of rebuilding through drafts for an extended period.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

Somebody get Coach K to get this kid's head straight...its obviously the 76ers won't with their losing environment and zero mentorship from veteran players.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Maybe he's trying to get traded? lol
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
Quote:

Wow....

I guess the part about the Lakers only having one lottery pick escaped you.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I guess the part about the Lakers only having one lottery pick escaped you.

Yeah, there's a huge difference between picking one player over another versus not wanting that other player at all.

I think it's safe to say that had the Lakers been in the position to get both DLo AND Oak, they'd have done so quite happily.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13
Jump to: