lakers can't win without Odom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gasb
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: lakers can't win without Odom

they lose more games without Odom going back to the end of last seasons free fall. if he were playing last night we would have won.
Prometheus8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject:

After the last 2 games....yeah, we're in real trouble without him.
CeeJay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

I don't think Odom is the reason they lost. It's just the lack of a second option. If Lamar was there, they may have still lost. Did you not see the Indy game?
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject:

Seriously, freakin Odumb opologists. Watch the indy game man, the guy was horrible... and 3 games before that. He was a turn-over machine. You guys really sound stupid with a comment like that. We can't win without odom... lol. More like, Losing is the only option with this roster full of WNBA players.

Actually, Im being polite. A player in the WNBA would actually hit shots. This team is pathetic.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject:

Like most of the losses this season, last nights was the result of bad shooting by the offense and even worse defense. This team has to learn to play together. I swear, after they beat Miami I thought they would have turned the corner, but things have only gotten worse.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

Thanks. We really needed another thread on this topic.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

Lamar is not that good. More like, the Lakers cant win with those scrubs.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

You could prevent dehydration by drinking toilet water. The question is, would you want to?
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:

hope lamar gets back soon...this team needs to stay over 500
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

CeeJay wrote:
I don't think Odom is the reason they lost. It's just the lack of a second option. If Lamar was there, they may have still lost. Did you not see the Indy game?

lets see smush had 19pts Mihm had 15pts it had nothing to do with second option.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
CeeJay wrote:

lets see smush had 19pts Mihm had 15pts it had nothing to do with second option.

No, someone has to step up when a guy avg 15 ppg is out. And they did, just wasn't enough. It has everything to do with another scorer. What did you think Charlotte did all night? Send everyone at Kobe. And guess what? No one else is a big threat.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

112 pts allowed to the Charlotte Hornets != we need another scorer people... Christ...
showtime1308
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is forced to facilitate the offense when Odom is gone and that is why he was missed last night. If Phil trusted Smush or Sasha to facilitate then it wouldn't be as big of a loss. Making Kobe a facilitator is not beneficial for this team because he has to point out where these guys have to be and he is constantly away from the basket, usually 5 feet behind the 3 point line.

He should have been posting up their little guards all night long. And when they brought the double and triple the guys should be running dive cuts for layups ( at least attempted layups, they probably would miss most of those as well)

The point is when Kobe is in the post in triple threat position he can't be contained as we've seen with his scoring average this year. When he's consistently getting the ball 28 feet from the basket we are in trouble.
kobebynum2008
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

The team might win a few more games with Lamar in it, but in the long term we're not gonna be doing much, and why the hell do the Lakers want to be mediocre? No team with Kobe should accept being mediocre. I still say we get rid of Odom ASAP. I know the artest trade is over, but damn, people were jsut too damn scared of him blowing up, but at least with Artest there's the chance of him fitting in with Kobe, with Lamar, you know he's a guy who's just gonna coast throughout the rest of his carreer...
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
You could prevent dehydration by drinking toilet water. The question is, would you want to?

I don't follow the argument but that was a mighty funny post!
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Lamar is the toilet water...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: lakers can't win without Odom

gasb wrote:
they lose more games without Odom going back to the end of last seasons free fall. if he were playing last night we would have won.

Cant win with him. No one can actually. No one has either. Unless you count 2 games over .500 with the heat. one year.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

When will fanboys understand that lamar is just a role player ?
LA Lakers 41790
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: I Love Lamar Odumb

or maybe now its Lamar O we need u. Hey i im pretty new to chatting wit you guys but ive been going to LG reading the discussions. O and i Live in Michigan so I barely get to see any laker games. So any let me get to my point

Lamar Haters "We need a legit second option" DG had 21 tonight(even if it was in garbage time) and smush had 19 last night arent those second option points? But with Lamar scoring like 9,10 ,11 we won 24-20. But thats just ridiculous how can a team win with their 2nd best player scoring 10 pts a game.

Lamar Haters "Lamar Odom's rebounding can be made up by our other players" Ofcourse it can because there will be another laker in odoms spot. But can they push the ball of the rebound like odom can. How bout Cook with his awesome ball-handling skills or DG or Luke or Kwa nvm. I would also like to say that i heard ppl say that Lamar did make lots of timely rebounds.

Lamar Haters "Trade Lamar for Bibby, Pierce, Artest..." Well im sure that mike bibby can give us the 20 pts instead of DG one day Smush the other day and Mihm the other day. Its gives us a new twist to losing. Pierce is inconsistent i c him scoring 30 then 18 then 18 then 30 and isnt he doing that as their primary scroing option? and didnt Wally outscore him a couple of times. And for Artest i can really see him turing that Sacramento franchise around....

Lamar Haters " Lamar is inconsistent" Then he wouldnt be avg 14 9 and 5
per. It would be like 5 5 5 .

And how can u just trade the facilitator. U all know that the tri takes time to learn. So u gonna say to Phil hey Lamar sucks we want u to take some of ur time that would be spent on improving this team to teaching this guy we traded for Lamar the samething u taught Lamar.

LAMAR ODUMB IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!! ITS BECAUSE WE SPEND OUR TIME MAKING BRICK HOUSES MORE THAN MAKING SHOTS.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers haven't won so far.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
CeeJay wrote:

Having a second option isn't necessarily related to scoring totals. A second option is someone who poses a threat to the opposing defense, and someone that they have to concentrate on defending. With the way he has played this season, Mihm could be that player.
Warlord23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Got a question for someone who watches most Laker games, rather than make statements by looking at the box score.

Earlier this season, Kobe was out for 2 games vs the Jazz. The first one ws a close game throughout that LA lost by 4. The second one was tied through 3 qtrs (IIRC), and Utah finished strongly.

The last 2 games, Kobe's there but no Odom. Both games LA seemed overwhelmed, and the opponent led almost throughout the game and won comfortably. And Charlotte especially is a cellar-dwellar, no comparison to a physical Jazz team.

On the face of it, it seems LA at least competed with Odom, without Kobe. But without Odom, with Kobe, they seemed overmatched. I know Chris Mihm didn't play vs NO/OKC, but he was there vs Charlotte. One clear difference looking at the box score was that the scoring was a lot more distributed in the Utah losses than the last 2 games.

The box score might be misleading, so can someone who watched these games throw some light on this?
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Kazaam wrote:
Seriously, freakin Odumb opologists. Watch the indy game man, the guy was horrible... and 3 games before that. He was a turn-over machine. You guys really sound stupid with a comment like that. We can't win without odom... lol. More like, Losing is the only option with this roster full of WNBA players.

Actually, Im being polite. A player in the WNBA would actually hit shots. This team is pathetic.

The question is, did you watch the rest of the Lakers season or did you tune in only during the last 6 games? Lakers were 24-20 with Lamar. That's a better winning percentage than the 0 winning percentage without him right now.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:

GuRu at CL said it best. This team is currently: "Kobe and his band of merry scrubs".

Funny at first, but then you wonder, how we ever get to this point... one superstar with his prime being wasted away because management is too stingy to surround him with REAL NBA talent.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Stingy is such an inaccurate term. The Lakers payroll isn't among the lowest in the league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: