we need to hope warriors dont win this year and threaten the lakers/kobe's legacies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: we need to hope warriors dont win this year and threaten the lakers/kobe's legacies

seriously, these warrior "fans" are a joke. most have only been fans since '15. if they win back to back, they will think they were better than the 09-10 lakers mini-era, and will think steph>kobe (lulz). i dont care if clippers win the ring this year, or if lebron wins. but these annoying warrior fans must be eliminated
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject:

The Warriors winning it all has no effect on the Lakers' legacy
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject:

Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise in the history of the league. Kobe's legacy was solidified the moment he caught LO's lob as time expired in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject:

Didn't even realize they were saying anything about the Lakers until this.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

it sure does. we dont want people to think warriors are the team to beat in the west/ or in CA. with one more ring, people will forget 09-10 even happened and will thin curry is the next kobe, when in fact, he is just another tmac who will quickly and hopefully fade after 2-3 more seasons
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

it sure does. we dont want people to think warriors are the team to beat in the west/ or in CA. with one more ring, people will forget 09-10 even happened and will thin curry is the next kobe, when in fact, he is just another tmac who will quickly and hopefully fade after 2-3 more seasons

1) No logical person will think the Warriors are the best team in California. The only thing that matters is 16 > 2
2) Curry isn't another T-Mac. He's the greatest shooter of all time and is going to go down as a top 30 player of all time if the Warriors win one or two more championships.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject:

Do people realize that if it wasnt for the cavs injuries they warriors would be still trying to win a chip?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject:

....why do we care what threatens Kobe's legacy?

We're LAKERS fans, not Kobe fans. Stephen Curry is a great player and a cool dude. So what?
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject:

Warriors are my team while the Lakers get themselves together. I support Jerry West and Luke Walton fighting proxy battles against Laker adversaries like the Clippers, Spurs and Dan Gilbert.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject:

If the warriors win five and threepeat then the comparisons can start.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
15 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

1) No logical person will think the Warriors are the best team in California. The only thing that matters is 16 > 2
2) Curry isn't another T-Mac. He's the greatest shooter of all time and is going to go down as a top 30 player of all time if the Warriors win one or two more championships.

If the Warriors win another championship and Curry keeps winning MVPs, he won't just be top 30.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject:

Every legacy will eventually be threatened. In 3027 the Fresno Flying Scorpions will win their 18th NBAW championship. We will all be dead so who cares. Take the zen masters advice and live in the present.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject:

Since the Lakers are definitely not winning this year, and all the other title hopefuls are scumbag teams, I'm hoping the Warriors win it all again.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject:

I have 2 points and neither are related to each other or the Lakers.

1. If this Warrior team repeats (and I think they will) and they go 73-9 (which they have a very decent chance of doing IMO), then you are talking about possibly the greatest team in NBA history.

2. You are absolutely right that the Bay Area bandwagon fans are massive in number and one of the most annoying fanbases. There's so many transplants there that moved to Silicon Valley and SF in the last few years to work at the big tech companies or startups, which coincides with the massive success of the SF Giants and Golden State Warriors, it's pretty annoying.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

We're LAKERS fans, not Kobe fans. Stephen Curry is a great player and a cool dude. So what?

What a ridiculous statement. I'm a Kobe fan and a Lakers fan. Anyone who isn't a Kobe fan isn't a real Lakers fan considering what he's done for us and how he kept us in relevancy. Saying we shouldn't care about a guy who's argurably the greatest Laker of them all's legacy is ridiculous.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject:

Ah, when the mods are asleep.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject:

If the Warriors win this year, it will seal Curry's legacy as the greatest California player of the last couple years or so, and no one will even know who this Korby Brime guy was.
Quik Z06
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject:

Have the guys that are complaining actually watched the Warriors play? Look, I've been a Lakers fan since the Magic/Bird rivalry in the mid 80's, but this current team is horrible to watch. I've been a Kobe homer since we got him, but he's done, time to retire! The Warriors are crazy, honestly barring any big injuries they'll break the Bulls record. Im not saying I'm a Warriors fan, but I do enjoy watching them play, they can flat out shoot! Lakers legacy has nothing to do with how many titles they win in the next few years, since they won't pass us obviously.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject:

Hell no.

I'd rather have those guys win than some of the others out east.

If the Warriors end up dominating the league for years, I have no problem with that. As long as we're still rebuilding during then. lol.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject:

I don't really care what Warriors fans think to be honest. Warriors are playing brilliant basketball at the moment and they deserve to talk about it. They've got a long way to go until they have the amount of history the Lakers have got. Curry is the best player in the league at the moment, Kobe is one of the best players of all time and coming to end of his career. With people becoming Warriors fans in 2015 that is normal in sports, look at how many people became Heat fans once LeBron joined them. It's something I hate, you can't support one team and then move to another. It doesn't make any sense. It's annoying when people just jump on the bandwagon of a teams success.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:17 am    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
Do people realize that if it wasnt for the cavs injuries they warriors would be still trying to win a chip?

Are you serious? Warriors were playing amazing ball in the finals and this streak right now shows its no fluke. Don't bring a team down with stupid injury reasons. thats like doc saying lakers only won cause they didnt have their full starting 5. I dont care much for warrior fans as their just excited they finally have a good team. Im sure once we get to the top again, well be the most hated fan base again lol.
24LaterMurus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

Are you serious? Warriors were playing amazing ball in the finals and this streak right now shows its no fluke. Don't bring a team down with stupid injury reasons. thats like doc saying lakers only won cause they didnt have their full starting 5. I dont care much for warrior fans as their just excited they finally have a good team. Im sure once we get to the top again, well be the most hated fan base again lol.

They got pushed to six games by a Cavs team w/o Kevin & Kyrie. I'd hardly call that "amazing ball".
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

What a ridiculous statement. I'm a Kobe fan and a Lakers fan. Anyone who isn't a Kobe fan isn't a real Lakers fan considering what he's done for us and how he kept us in relevancy. Saying we shouldn't care about a guy who's argurably the greatest Laker of them all's legacy is ridiculous.

BINGO!

In the grand scheme of things the Warriors only rear their ugly heads every 40 years or so. This too shall come to pass.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject:

because irrelevant.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: we need to hope warriors dont win this year and threaten the lakers/kobe's legacies

15 wrote:
seriously, these warrior "fans" are a joke. most have only been fans since '15. if they win back to back, they will think they were better than the 09-10 lakers mini-era, and will think steph>kobe (lulz). i dont care if clippers win the ring this year, or if lebron wins. but these annoying warrior fans must be eliminated

So you're worried people will think Steph is better than Kobe, but you're fine if Lebron wins a third ring? Makes sense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: