we need to hope warriors dont win this year and threaten the lakers/kobe's legacies
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

There will be a number of teams winning championships that aren't the Lakers in the future. It won't diminish the Lakers past anymore than the Lakers winning diminished what the Bulls accomplished. Likewise, there will be players as good or better than Kobe in the future (if not the present). They won't threaten Kobe's legacy anymore than Kobe threatened Jordan's, or Jordan threatened Magic. All it means is that ten years from now fans will have even more ridiculous arguments about the GOAT, but they'll be arguing about Jordan vs Kobe vs Curry vs whomever the latest, greatest is. Who cares? If you don't want the Lakers recent history to be buried so to speak, then stop paying attention to the NBA and freeze it in your mind circa 2010. The NBA will have ended for you with Kobe's last championship.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject:

The OP is worried that Warriors fans will "think" Steph > Kobe?

Who cares what Warriors fans think?

Plus, like every fanbase does with their star player, they'll find some way, some excuse, some square peg they can jam in, to say Steph > Kobe whether he wins again this year or not.

I like the Warriors. They're incredibly fun to watch and they play on both sides of the ball. I wish our team would be that and it will ... soon =)
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

Warriors are great to watch. Who the hell cares about Kobe's legacy. I'm enjoying watching the Warriors and Curry being the best shooter I have ever seen. One has nothing to Do with the other
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Who cares what Warriors fans think?

Plus, like every fanbase does with their star player, they'll find some way, some excuse, some square peg they can jam in, to say Steph > Kobe whether he wins again this year or not.

I like the Warriors. They're incredibly fun to watch and they play on both sides of the ball. I wish our team would be that and it will ... soon =)

Soon like 5-6 years from now.

To respond to the OP, there are fans out there who think Anthony Davis is better than prime Kobe and LeBron so don't worry about what fans of other teams think. People will always stretch logic to fit what agenda they have.

Greatest franchise in California is the Lakers until another team wins 17 titles.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

Ehh. I would have more of a problem with the clippers winning than I do the Warriors.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
The Warriors winning it all has no effect on the Lakers' legacy

It certainly is not going to detract from the back-to-back Championships where the Lakers beat the Celtics in a 7 game series.

Anyway, the Lakers have what is arguably the richest history in the NBA. There's nothing that the Warriors can do to infringe upon that.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: we need to hope warriors dont win this year and threaten the lakers/kobe's legacies

15 wrote:
seriously, these warrior "fans" are a joke. most have only been fans since '15. if they win back to back, they will think they were better than the 09-10 lakers mini-era, and will think steph>kobe (lulz). i dont care if clippers win the ring this year, or if lebron wins. but these annoying warrior fans must be eliminated

Warriors fans were rocking that arena for years before they were any good. You have no idea what you're taking about.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

To the OP, as a Lakers fan since Kareem was traded there and as a W's fan since I moved to a W's TV market in 1987, I've spent a lot of time on fan boards for both teams, here are a few observations. Warriors fans, in general:

...don't compare Curry and Kobe. They are very different players. Curry has a long way to go to get close to Kobe's accomplishments. Most Warriors fans do hate Kobe, but they compare him to Lebron.

...have been W's fans a long time. They have sold out their arena, even when they were horrible. They endured misery for years. They deserve to rejoice. We Lakers fans have had it easy. You are being petty.

...don't claim they are a historically great franchise like the Lakers, Celtics, or even the Spurs. I've never heard a single fan claim it. You must be extrapolating one delusional fan's view onto an entire fanbase.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

Yeah, I am pretty sure they are nowhere close to 16 titles
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

it sure does. we dont want people to think warriors are the team to beat in the west/ or in CA. with one more ring, people will forget 09-10 even happened and will thin curry is the next kobe, when in fact, he is just another tmac who will quickly and hopefully fade after 2-3 more seasons

They are the team to beat in the West
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: we need to hope warriors dont win this year and threaten the lakers/kobe's legacies

LandsbergerRules wrote:
15 wrote:
seriously, these warrior "fans" are a joke. most have only been fans since '15. if they win back to back, they will think they were better than the 09-10 lakers mini-era, and will think steph>kobe (lulz). i dont care if clippers win the ring this year, or if lebron wins. but these annoying warrior fans must be eliminated

So you're worried people will think Steph is better than Kobe, but you're fine if Lebron wins a third ring? Makes sense.

I hope Lebron wins again, I enjoy watching him play. I also enjoy Steph and the Warriors.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: we need to hope warriors dont win this year and threaten the lakers/kobe's legacies

GoldenThroat wrote:
15 wrote:

Warriors fans were rocking that arena for years before they were any good. You have no idea what you're taking about.

Yes, I remember being up there when they weren't good and they were rocking the place for a non-important regular season win.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: we need to hope warriors dont win this year and threaten the lakers/kobe's legacies

GoldenThroat wrote:
15 wrote:

Yes, I remember being up there when they weren't good and they were rocking the place for a non-important regular season win.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: we need to hope warriors dont win this year and threaten the lakers/kobe's legacies

15 wrote:

They are... That 09-10 Lakers team was one of the weakest championship teams in recent memory.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject:

That's the kind of talk where fans lose me. I really don't mind what other teams do. If they have success, good for them.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

Ding.

Lakers 16.

Golden State 2.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Warriors are fun team to watch and Curry is very likable. As for fans, I find Lebron bandwagon gloryhunters jumping from Miami to Cleveland most annoying.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

I don't feel threaten by the Warriors. Maybe if they win this year and 2-3 more in a row LOL
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Ding.

Lakers 16.

Golden State 2.

For the record, they apparently have 4 and they made sure to emphasize that fact on their championship t-shirts.

I guess they won 2 championships in Philly, which is fair I guess as we count ours in Minneapolis.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

This is silly. If any team winning has any effect on kobe's legacy it's Tim Duncan and the Spurs. The warriors are from
A completely different era from when Kobe made his legacy.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

People make a big deal about 16 titles on a Lakers board, but would Warriors fans care? They could just say those are the old days, it's all in the past, and what really matters is the present (and to a lesser extent, the future). We have posters here who never even saw Kobe win his first 3 titles. And we have different ownership which has never won a title since Jerry Buss passed away.

Of course fans here will dismiss that and say history is very important, and the Warriors fans would continue to say things like "Keep living in the past, today is what really matters, etc."

I do think there is too much love for the Warriors on this site. It shows how far our team has fallen that people actually enjoy rooting for a division opponent so much. It reminds me of the times I enjoyed watching the Suns in 2005. Then I started to hate them in the 2006 playoffs when the Lakers played them. But the current Laker team won't make the playoffs and we'll see GS beat other teams in the West instead of our team, which makes them easier to like.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

What anyone thinks about it is meaningless. Statistically, Kobe never had a season close to what Steph is doing right now. Neither did MJ for that matter.

At the end of the day, they're likely to break team records, individual records and everything else. And they're going to be so many standard deviations from anyone else in doing it that being a bitter Lakers fan and trying to argue for why our season was better or Kobe's performance was better or something is just going to make you look dumb.

As others have said, they can't take away from the sustained greatness of this franchise and it's history of great players. But that is independent from the Warriors having a historically great season, as is Kobe's legacy independent from Steph crushing every record for efficient scoring ever. Different era, different beast.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
People make a big deal about 16 titles on a Lakers board, but would Warriors fans care? They could just say those are the old days, it's all in the past, and what really matters is the present (and to a lesser extent, the future). We have posters here who never even saw Kobe win his first 3 titles. And we have different ownership which has never won a title since Jerry Buss passed away.

Of course fans here will dismiss that and say history is very important, and the Warriors fans would continue to say things like "Keep living in the past, today is what really matters, etc."

I do think there is too much love for the Warriors on this site. It shows how far our team has fallen that people actually enjoy rooting for a division opponent so much. It reminds me of the times I enjoyed watching the Suns in 2005. Then I started to hate them in the 2006 playoffs when the Lakers played them. But the current Laker team won't make the playoffs and we'll see GS beat other teams in the West instead of our team, which makes them easier to like.

Yeah they're basically saying that. The Lakers franchise is an irrelevant dinosaur in their fans eyes. Same goes for Kobe's legacy which was never in their knowledge or they choose to ignore it in favor of the hot topic of "Curry greatest player in NBA history." at the moment.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: we need to hope warriors dont win this year and threaten the lakers/kobe's legacies

15 wrote:

Warriors Equal Second Highest Total Attendance in Franchise History

Club Currently Has Streak Of 123 Consecutive Sellouts; 10th Straight Season Averaging Over 18,000

Seriously???

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject:

The funny thing about some of the pro-warriors post are that the team they're championing behind in our Lakers dark run, is the team's who fan base is ridiculing our fans and Laker team the most at the moment.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: