How Much Have You Cried?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: How Much Have You Cried?

I don't think there is any shame. In fact I think it's only human nature for all of us fans to be brought to tears by the news of Kobe retiring after this season. We all know it was time. Hell it was probably time a couple of years ago, but it just all become so real yesterday that the end is near. It hurts seeing him struggle like he is and I know we can't truly rebuild until Kobe is gone, but at the same time it's still so difficult to accept.

Kobe has meant everything to us as fans. He's provided us with so much entertainment, phenomenal plays, clutch plays, incredible all time performances, when he's needed to locking down certain players that were a problem. I mean who could forget in 2010 when Westbrook was just brutalizing D-Fish and we switched Kobe on him and basically shut him down. There were even questions about Kobe's demise at that time and he came back roaring with avengance and had one of the greatest postseasons he's ever had.

Think back to 2012-2013 Kobe was getting killed for some of his late game struggles against OKC and once again he rose above and had a spectacular season at age 34 in his seventeenth season. Even though that team obviously underachieved Kobe put them on his back despite all the minutes and the toll that unfortunately resulted in a career killing injury. He had once again defied the odds and took us to the playoffs after a horrific 17-25 start. Kobe still at 34 was guarding dynamic point guards like Kyrie Irving and even MJ said that was ridiculous what they were expecting him to do.

2006 and 2007 was just incredible what Kobe did. Nobody on that team other than Lamar and maybe Bynum were even rotation players for most teams and Kobe took them to the playoffs in such a tough conference. The 81 point game, the 62 in three quarters, was so efficient and unstoppable offensively, and it's just a shame two historically great seasons were wasted like that.

I just can't believe it. I'm gonna miss him so much and yeah I'm crying as I type this. Thank you Kobe. You're simply the best. Anyone who thinks he's not a top ten player is a (bleep) idiot. To say there are fifteen players better like BSPN did is laughable and so disrespectful to a living legend. I love you Kobe. We all love you. You will get a statue, you will get both numbers retired, and in the hall of fame as soon as your eligible.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject:

I think we're all shedding thug tears for Kobe
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

There's no crying in basketball
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Just sad to lose him and disappointed that his last three years have been difficult.

Only wished that he would be able to go out like Duncan or even Norwitzki.

Glad that he is getting the recognition.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject:

As much as I love Kobe, especially throughout the years, I haven't shed a tear yet, if anything I have felt relieved knowing that he is doing the right thing. I'll probably shed a tear during his last all star game or his last game of the season. I also hope he doesn't come back on the olympics team, I think he should just shut it all off. He's had an amazing career, he's got nothing left to prove

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc

Last edited by Andre2K on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
I think we're all shedding thug tears for Kobe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject:

I think you just gotta man up.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

As a teenager I might have shed a tear when magic retired. As a middle aged adult I would be ashamed of myself if I cried over just about anything involving a sport these days. I will miss seeing him in action though.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject:

PS MAN UP!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I choked up pretty good. It hit me hard. It was a powerful announcement.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject:

no tears

(Inappropriate comment deleted. -CL)
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject:

i cried when he tear his Achille, but not this time because i could see it coming.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

None, I saw it coming.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
najim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Why would I cry? Every journey has an end.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Cried!? Cmon. Unless you're a kid you shouldn't be crying over something like this.

I've shared a few of "Kobe in his prime" moments today with a bunch of coworkers ... but no one was crying.
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: It was time

I have mixed feelings. He was a great player but at this point he is now a bench player trying to be the #1 option on a rebuilding franchise.

We will always have the 5 championships with KB24. But his presence has impeded the progress of current young talent. If he played a Timothy Duncan backup type role he can go until 40 easily. But unfortunately his stubbornness has been his own undoing
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Nothing is wrong with being emotional... Especially for those who don't have an issue being transparent. I am a grown man with kids, a wife, and a career. But I've invested a lot of my personal time into the Lakers and in supporting Kobe.

Through all the Shaq drama and then the rape trial. Hitting rock bottom and then watching him rise again. The injuries and the dedication. I feel like I've been invested in it all.

Shedding a few tears doesn't mean you are soft... If just means you care and Kobe's career was meaningful to you.

Being a fan can be a great thing if you do it right...

So yeah... My eyes watered last night and I was a little emotional. I'm not ashamed to admit it. So what... I'm human.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject:

this was me yesterday:
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

In all honesty, I have not shed a tear. That said, I think it's completely ok to cry. It's just that I feel more relieved than sad. Now Magic's HIV announcement...yeah I cried.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
:Worthy Mamba Magic:
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

I'm a grown ass man dawg. I've seen some things in my life and I'm sure we all have. Yes it's sports and I shouldn't be invested this much. Too late. I've shed a few tears and choked up. Last nights press conference after the game was hard for me. Someone I looked up to showed me he's human and full of doubt like the rest of us.

Illiterate's could read the literature in my scriptures...
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

I admit I teared up talking to my girlfriend and best friend about it. I'm saving my 1000 post to simply say thank you in the appreciation thread.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know how I can find the Lakersground link for "81". Feeling nostalgic and DB's write-up would be a great walk down memory lane.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Not one drop man to be honest with you. I did cry when Magic announced HIV and when Chick died though.
venky
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Didn't cry at all. It's hard to feel that sad over any athlete. Just perspective I guess.

I do admit feeling a bit sad that Kobe's absolute peak was wasted, but it is what it is, he had a great life, and will continue to have a great life.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Not one drop man to be honest with you. I did cry when Magic announced HIV and when Chick died though.

That's because the retirement announcement isn't much compared to watching him rupture his achilies after an epic season. And then the 2 other season ending injury. We had time to prepare for this moment we all knew was coming.

Next year when there's no Kobe on the roster, that will be a shock for me. I hope he sticks around some way or another.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: