LAKERS -at- SIXERS - 12-1-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I don't think a young Bryant would have tolerated Scott or Old Bryant taking all these shots.

I said this in another thread.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

Thanks as usual DB. I didn't expect this season to be like this.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

I couldn't even deal with reading this last night. I still can't believe we lost to the Sixers. GawedT. This must have been hell to write.

Thanks DB.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
I don't think a young Bryant would have tolerated Scott or Old Bryant taking all these shots.

I said this in another thread.

To be fair he wouldn't have tolerated this roster either lol. Trade me to Pluto
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB! No reason to be upset. All expectations have been flushed away. Let 'er rip Kobe. Then take BS along with you. Get Simmons and Luke and try again next year...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I couldn't even deal with reading this last night. I still can't believe we lost to the Sixers. GawedT. This must have been hell to write.

Thanks DB.

It was tricky to write, trying to balance the tribute material and the actual game material.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
Has Byron mastered the art of oblique tanking by design (in support of a franchise commandment) ? If not, that was as poor a job to take advantage of an obvious win opportunity as I've seen from our club. Owww.

He's trying to win. Last year, late in the season, he mixed some tanking (playing certain players during certain stretches, etc.) with just losing despite everything he tried. This year... definitely not in tank mode yet. I don't know if he has certain marching orders, but I doubt it. They'd love to win.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:
Has Byron mastered the art of oblique tanking by design (in support of a franchise commandment) ? If not, that was as poor a job to take advantage of an obvious win opportunity as I've seen from our club. Owww.

He's trying to win. Last year, late in the season, he mixed some tanking (playing certain players during certain stretches, etc.) with just losing despite everything he tried. This year... definitely not in tank mode yet. I don't know if he has certain marching orders, but I doubt it. They'd love to win.

I agree w/DB, as I do not believe BS has a losing mentality. I know it's hard to watch, but the Lakers are doing okay considering they are rebuilding. This team has actually been getting better, and everyone competing with their heads up.

I think BS could coach this team a bit better when it comes to ball movement and moving without the ball, but at the end of the day the responsibility falls on the individual players. Once the younger players learn how to push leads and close games, the team will surely win more games.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject:

nshid wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:
I agree w/DB, as I do not believe BS has a losing mentality. I know it's hard to watch, but the Lakers are doing okay considering they are rebuilding. This team has actually been getting better, and everyone competing with their heads up.

I think BS could coach this team a bit better when it comes to ball movement and moving without the ball, but at the end of the day the responsibility falls on the individual players. Once the younger players learn how to push leads and close games, the team will surely win more games.
Agree with the above-listed assessments

Many have shared that we need to go through the rebuilding pains that OKC suffered through with the start of Durant/Westbrook careers where the records of both teams are comparable. OKC's proverbial "rock bottom" is what OKC went through then and what the Lakers are going through now
Note: Understand that there is the Black Mamba factor but the young players are starting to consistently get major PT.

It would be interesting to compare MJ's final seasons where his offensive skills had seriously eroded with this year's Laker season. The challenges of consistently dealing with the pageantry and media scrutiny of a "Farewell Tour" are difficult to handle with a vet-laden roster (remembering "The Cap") and this season's Laker roster consist of very young players (along with vets who have limited pressure-filled/media scrutiny experiences.

With the Zen Master having many problems reining in the Black Mamba, Byron faces tremendous challenges despite Kobe's admission that his skills has seriously eroded. FO/Byron definitely still wants to win. Hopefully they are limiting ISOs (especially with Kobe) and waiting for any player to take the challenge when the opening presents itself to take the pressure shot - Kobe or no Kobe (part of this responsibility is on Byron).

We already know that Lou Williams and Swaggy are not dependable and consistent pressure shot makers. Clarkson, DLO and Randle have not taken the pressure/responsibility of taking the pressure shots like how Kobe did in his young days (like when Kobe took three airballs during a playoff game with Utah. Kobe is not going to give the keys, he is waiting for somebody to TAKE the keys and run like DFish.

It will be interesting watching how the young players will grow up
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: