Lillard vs Curry: I prefer Lillard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Won't happen in real games I.e. Playoffs. Lillard has shrunk a bit in that situation.

Curry has the better team. No way Portland beats GS in the playoffs. Portland shouldn't even be in the playoffs in the first place. I can't even name their starting 5.
Lillard is amazing. Last year when Brow carried Pels to the 8th seed, the hype train was there. Lillard deserves it too.
I hope Lillard and Paul George join up later in their careers, that would be a nasty duo.

Sure. On the Lakers.

lillard
george
dlo
randle
clarkson
westbrook
durant

do it mitch.

Only if Mitch can convince the league to give us a 40% higher cap than every other team

ok ok...we'll let go clarkson for westbrook. randle for george. now we're good.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Won't happen in real games I.e. Playoffs. Lillard has shrunk a bit in that situation.

Curry has the better team. No way Portland beats GS in the playoffs. Portland shouldn't even be in the playoffs in the first place. I can't even name their starting 5.
Lillard is amazing. Last year when Brow carried Pels to the 8th seed, the hype train was there. Lillard deserves it too.
I hope Lillard and Paul George join up later in their careers, that would be a nasty duo.

Sure. On the Lakers.

lillard
george
dlo
randle
clarkson
westbrook
durant

do it mitch.

Only if Mitch can convince the league to give us a 40% higher cap than every other team

ok ok...we'll let go clarkson for westbrook. randle for george. now we're good.

Nah. Randle is cheap. Clarkson would have to go, as well as one of your big four. Four max salaries is 100-140% of cap space. But heck, since this is a fantasy maybe you're doing one of those fantasies where Durant and Westbrook since here for the vet's mininum. In which case might as well add in Davis or Cousins for the vet's min
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
lillards cooked steph 2x already this season. Switch their teams and i think GS still would be winning titles

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
lillards cooked steph 2x already this season. Switch their teams and i think GS still would be winning titles

Not that ridiculous of a statement. Lilliard is averaging 24.9 and 7.3. Only thing is his field goal percentage is much lower at 42.5%.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Not that ridiculous of a statement. Lilliard is averaging 24.9 and 7.3. Only thing is his field goal percentage is much lower at 42.5%.

And Steph is having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history. His 67.4 TS% is BY FAR the highest TS% for any player with a Usage Rate of 30%+, with the next closest being 64.9%. His BPM amongst that group is the 3rd best in NBA history. Damian Lillard was a borderline All-Star.

Sorry, really good and historically great are not comparable.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

And Steph is having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history. His 67.4 TS% is BY FAR the highest TS% for any player with a Usage Rate of 30%+, with the next closest being 64.9%. His BPM amongst that group is the 3rd best in NBA history. Damian Lillard was a borderline All-Star.

Right, but that would still be a pretty stacked team.

Lilliard
Thompson
Barnes
Green
Bogut

Bench: Iguodala, Speights, Livingston, Ezeli

I don't think they get past San Antonio with Lilliard instead of Curry, but it's still a contender.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

And Lillard is no where close defensively to Curry
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:46 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed just look like a genius!

Lillard just whoop GS lil boy a new one
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject:

The OP likes Lillard more. On the list of favorite players, Lillard ranks higher. Is his favorite player better than Curry? No. But he's pretty darn good. I'd take him over any version of Chris Paul.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject:

droppin dimes, droppin dimes....baby dame dolla!
png
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject:

..... rather have Westbrook. But, Lillard has a broader skill-set, than Curry or Westbrook.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Steph, with 25 games remaining, is 10 completions away from breaking his record for 3-Pt Field Goals. Amazing.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject:

At the moment, steph curry is best player in the league and it's not close.
lakersfan22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is not great??
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject:

png wrote:
..... rather have Westbrook. But, Lillard has a broader skill-set, than Curry or Westbrook.

curry has one of the broadest skill sets the league has seen since Nash. He can do it all. Westbrooks athleticism does make it hard to choose though
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
png wrote:

curry has one of the broadest skill sets the league has seen since Nash. He can do it all. Westbrooks athleticism does make it hard to choose though

Westbrook plays at the intensity and violence of Rafael Nadal in tennis. Not sure how long that can realistically last, but so far so good. He's still in his 20s. He's quicker than Curry on crossovers, penetrations into the paint. More explosive and athletic, generally. While Curry has to use a bit more guile.

WB is better at drawing fouls and get to the line much more. That doesn't sound like a sexy skill or stat, but it's a legit asset. He gets the opponent in foul trouble. Not sure how often Curry does that, staying mostly on the perimeter. I also love WB's rebounding. He plays a bit more under control and has improved his shot selection these days. Very fun to watch.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
png wrote:

As fun as it is to watch someone as crazy athletic as Westbrook, Curry distorts defenses and makes it easy on his teammates to be great, also. His impact on the game is why the W's may end up with the best record ever, depending upon how much they rest their players to end the season. OKC probably has the most talented team in the league. Curry has been on another level, however. His historic season individually is leading to an historic season for his team.

In a seven game series, however, who knows? OKC seems to have the best opportunity for an upset. With two players as good as Durant and Westbrook, all it would take is a hot series for them and Curry or Thompson to be average for them, or a little less.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
The OP likes Lillard more. On the list of favorite players, Lillard ranks higher. Is his favorite player better than Curry? No. But he's pretty darn good. I'd take him over any version of Chris Paul.

I love Lillard. He is sensational and I respect him even more for being a guy from Oakland, played at a mid major and then rose in the draft because of his skills. But then delivered big time at the NBA level.

Seems like a good dude also, I love Lillard.

However, Steph Curry honestly is a transcendent player and at a completely different level than Lillard or frankly almost anyone else who has ever played with what he is doing right now.

For Curry, it will just come down to longevity and injuries. If he can do this for an extended period of time, he rises HIGH in the all time list because I have never seen a guy making shots like this at this rate of accuracy, it is historical and must watch television every time he takes the court these days.
png
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
png wrote:

Nash had No D. Are you implying the same thing, for Curry? Again, Lillard has a broader skill-set, than Curry or Westbrook. Is Lillard better? No. Has a broader skill-set? Yes.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Curry last 3 games

That reminds me of someone....
chicksrealfirstname
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject:

Durant and Steph are just on another planet. If Lebron's jumpshot didn't fall off so hard the past couple years, and especially so, this year, I'd have him in the same tier. He has been so streaky this season. That's kind of generous, his shot has been pretty bad. It's a wonder he can still put up 25ppg on 50+% and 58TS%. He's carrying the hell out of his team, as shown by his on/off numbers.

Stephs team is extremely stacked and perfectly built, but he is still living up to all of the hype he receives.

Lillard is 3/4ths the player Lebron is (my current 3rd best player in the league), at best- Dame is so bad defensively, too.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Curry last 3 games

That reminds me of someone....

Lillard strikes back with 50 last night.

* Curry will probably drop 50+ on us.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:49 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:

I love Lillard. He is sensational and I respect him even more for being a guy from Oakland, played at a mid major and then rose in the draft because of his skills. But then delivered big time at the NBA level.

Seems like a good dude also, I love Lillard.

However, Steph Curry honestly is a transcendent player and at a completely different level than Lillard or frankly almost anyone else who has ever played with what he is doing right now.

For Curry, it will just come down to longevity and injuries. If he can do this for an extended period of time, he rises HIGH in the all time list because I have never seen a guy making shots like this at this rate of accuracy, it is historical and must watch television every time he takes the court these days.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject:

png wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
png wrote:

Nash had No D. Are you implying the same thing, for Curry? Again, Lillard has a broader skill-set, than Curry or Westbrook. Is Lillard better? No. Has a broader skill-set? Yes.

No I was not implying that at all. Nash was as offensively skilled across the board as anybody. Just like him Curry can finish in a variety of ways with both hands. He can shoot it off the dribble, spotting up, or off screens. He has all of the dribble moves. Lillard is good at all of those things but not great at all of them like curry. The flip shots curry makes over shot blockers in the key are a big reason why I think he has the broader skill set. Lillard uses athleticism and not skill in those scenarios.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to like Lillard more. Comments like this make me a fan. (bleep) everyone else. "I'm my own man."
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25513748
Quote:

"I respect Steph Curry," Lillard said Thursday. "Because what he's doing is amazing. But I'm my own man. So don't come to me and say I'm impersonating him. You telling me I'm impersonating somebody by doing well at my job is disrespectful."

"I just think you respect the man as the man that they are," Lillard said. "You can respect what Steph Curry's doing and love what Steph Curry's doing. But that has nothing to do with me. I'm my own man."

"I've got a lot of respect for Steve Kerr," Lillard said. "But when he said I looked like Steph Curry, I didn't like that either. It might seem like a compliment coming from him and how he meant it. But I didn't like that either. If anybody had a good game against us, I don't think coach (Terry) Stotts would go and say, 'He looked like Damian Lillard.' So it depends on how you want to look at it."

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: