LAKERS -at- WIZARDS - 12-2-15 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

Randle was an absolute stud last night, and it was great to have Kobe seize up some farewell tour glory.

Thanks DB.
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- WIZARDS - 12-2-15 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:

Williams -- -- That big steal in the fourth was actually Kobe’s doing. He told Lou to stay home with Beal, that Wall would be a decoy and they were setting up a kickout for the three. They passed it right to Lou waiting for it. That was a killer.

I was trying to look for that; was that at a post game interview? I feel like that should show more of how much of an influence Kobe can have and why his talking to all the other players can be important.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- WIZARDS - 12-2-15 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

SemperMalum wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Williams -- -- That big steal in the fourth was actually Kobe’s doing. He told Lou to stay home with Beal, that Wall would be a decoy and they were setting up a kickout for the three. They passed it right to Lou waiting for it. That was a killer.

I was trying to look for that; was that at a post game interview? I feel like that should show more of how much of an influence Kobe can have and why his talking to all the other players can be important.

Russell just mentioned it postgame, saying he was blown away by Kobe's knowledge.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
This is the game that made me think that if Kobe was at the top of his game, we become competitive with the guys we have. The team is just beginning to step up and Kobe is just beginning to get his legs back. Seems like Clarkson, Randle and Russell, (Hibbert and Lou too), can give solid support if they ONLY had a superstar to carry them.

No, we would not.

With the way Scott is coaching... We won in spite of Scott. And I completely disagree with DB's emoticon for Scott. It should still stand as
This game the players just bailed him out. It's strange that we won with our iso-only scheme of offense. Somehow we managed on a defensive end. Perhaps it was Randle rotating better and rebounding well.

The very first minutes showed such a difference in coacing – Lakers could not get anything going and had some turnovers while Wizards had an easy score out of a set play. We could not contain Wall-Gortat PnR and I really don't quite understand how we won this one.

Lakers are not coached the way that would take advantage of players skills. This game was no diffferent.
We will continue to lose and your wish to finish in bottom three most likely will become true. Not sure it will end with us keeping the pick though, so it might all be just a waste.

Sorry for some bitterness in this celebration of a win.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
Wino wrote:
This is the game that made me think that if Kobe was at the top of his game, we become competitive with the guys we have. The team is just beginning to step up and Kobe is just beginning to get his legs back. Seems like Clarkson, Randle and Russell, (Hibbert and Lou too), can give solid support if they ONLY had a superstar to carry them.
No, we would not.

With the way Scott is coaching... We won in spite of Scott. And I completely disagree with DB's emoticon for Scott. It should still stand as
This game the players just bailed him out. It's strange that we won with our iso-only scheme of offense. Somehow we managed on a defensive end. Perhaps it was Randle rotating better and rebounding well.

The very first minutes showed such a difference in coacing – Lakers could not get anything going and had some turnovers while Wizards had an easy score out of a set play. We could not contain Wall-Gortat PnR and I really don't quite understand how we won this one.

Lakers are not coached the way that would take advantage of players skills. This game was no diffferent.
We will continue to lose and your wish to finish in bottom three most likely will become true. Not sure it will end with us keeping the pick though, so it might all be just a waste.

Sorry for some bitterness in this celebration of a win.
If we are blaming Byron for the loss, one must attribute something positive to Byron for the victories.

Players can/have bailed out Byron, Players can/have made Byron looked badly.

Perhaps Randle learning how to rotate and rebound (mainly an effort activity) better display that the NBA is a players' league. If Lou Williams had hit his hippies, Lakers would have had two more victories.

Wonder what players' skills you are identifying and from what players? Randle not rolling to the hole has been preached by the coaches. Asking DLO to be more assertive on defense and offense has been preached by the coaches endlessly (as stated by Big Game James)

Is Byron the right HC for the Lakers, don't know

If the Lakers want to bring in a high profiled FA (sic Durant), the young players are going to have to learn how to effectively worked with a bonafide superstar like The Black Mamba who will often break off the designed play to get into an ISO situation. The young players have to learn/have the balls to take charge during crunch time and take the cutch shot.

DLO, along with Clarkson, often has the ball and easily gives up the ball without (seemingly) considering options that fiendishoc has been preaching.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: