Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I really worry that Byron is going to lose JC. What good does hard work and good results do you?
Some team is going to offer him 15m. The Lakers don't deserve Clarkson. He'd be a star with the Spurs or Mavs.

He'd be Tony Parker's heir apparent if Pop got a hold of him.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
This is why I hated the Lou Williams signing. We're not going to win (bleep) but at least I hoped we could developed our youth.
Lou is a chucker but at least he defers sometimes to Clarkson. The real problem is Byron and Kobe.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Uh oh. BGJ sort of kind of questioned something Byron did! (Why wasn't JC in, in the 4th).
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

We needed Clarkson to man the point. He is so poised playing PG that I don't understand the need to move him to a different position, more baffling why he wasn't in the 4th playing PG
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."

Last edited by Drifts on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
defense wrote:
Russell with some nice stats but he didnt play well tonight

That's the thing - many have wanted to take more shots, be more of an aggressor, this is what it looks like. Mudiay stinks up the joint 3/5 games. If you want to be aggressive, it won't always look easy. But IMO this is how he grows into a star. The other way, he'll always be in the backburner. I know he's a -18 and has 7 TO's, but he made an impact on the game in terms of leaving his fingerprints on it. The very good/great players in the league do that almost on a nightly basis. So I'm not bummed that he had some bad moments because there was a higher level of aggression and some fantastic moments as well.

Agree glad he played so many minutes did a lot in this game and it's growing pains. Funny all stats look bad for mudiay, Russ, oak wen getting big pt why analytics shouldn't b taken so serious

I mean look at Kobe. Dude's done physically, but will not play a game without leaving his fingerprints (good or bad) on it. I don't get upset when young players have some struggles being aggressive. They're trying to be more than role players. It's when they sit back and accept that they're a role player happy to make millions I worry. I like JC and Randle, as they're always trying to make something happen. Russ's game tonight wasn't great, but he tried to make things happen, and it wasn't working all the time. Much better than some of the passive games he's been commended for IMO.

I think both Randle and Russell has to play more smartly. Randle needs to trust his teammates more. Instead of just trying to bully his way into the paint everytime. Learn to move w/o the ball, set some screens and roll to the basket or get open. While Russell has to get sth closer to the basket. He may not be as speedy as the other elite PGs. But he has the size to post up against them. Try to attack the defense more. He might not be successful at getting to the rim. But man up and try to absorb the contacts in there and draw some fouls to get some easy free throw pts. Learn to pump fake on ur jumpshots and get the defender in the air and draw a foul.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Uh oh. BGJ sort of kind of questioned something Byron did! (Why wasn't JC in, in the 4th).

No reason Clarkson shouldn't have been in. We need to get Clarkson, Russell, and Randle in during closes games. They need the experience.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Uh oh. BGJ sort of kind of questioned something Byron did! (Why wasn't JC in, in the 4th). :o
Benched because of Kobe's farewell tour 4-19, SMH.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

I need video proof to believe this.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

BScott snippy and condescending when asked about Nick.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Little concerned Korver successfully guarded Russell for a large portion of the game and Russell didn't blow by him even once. Not a good look.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
We needed Clarkson to man the point. He is so poised playing PG that I don't understand the need to move him to a different position, more baffling why he wasn't in the 4th playing PG
My frustration level right now is at an all time high. Clarkson getting benched was the breaking point. I'm seriously contemplating not watching the games until Kobe gets benched or injured. That's how livid I am at the moment.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
good game for Russell to build off of. 16 pts, 10 reb, 4 asts in 36 min. 7 TO's though, but then again, he's a 19 year old rookie

rest of the Lakers seemed hungover all game long with the exception of Clarkson, who looked sharp but was benched in crunch-time.

he could've had more assists...the TO's weren't good. Atleast he had twice as many rebs as each of our frontcourt players. He missed couple easy baskets that ruined his shooting %. There was a fancy layup that he should've made. Then he missed couple tip ins. He got to play during crunchtime..hopefuly he gained some valuable exp from this loss.
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Genaro wrote:
Scott once again made crucial mistakes. Clarkson benched the whole 4th, Randle out most of the 4th, Kobe playing too much minutes.

About the Nick situation, I must say that, even though I disapprove the reason why he was benched (He only spoke the truth), I liked him going out of rotation. With Nick and Lou you have basically the same thing so there's no use playing both of them. Artest even though he shouldn't be playing (where's Brown?) have another kind of skills. This also gave Lance some playing time.

Which goes back to wolfpac's point and a lot of our complaints about the poorly constructed roster
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Little concerned Korver successfully guarded Russell for a large portion of the game and Russell didn't blow by him even once. Not a good look.

I monitored this the game against Philly and another one earlier, and Russell barely beats his man off the dribble when he tries to - unless his man really has no idea how to defend or his man reaches for a steal. His PPP on iso's are also very low. It's ok, he's not supposed to be an ISO heavy 1 on 1 player. He's going to be a spot shooter, a S/R ballhandler, a guy coming off screens off the ball etc.

He can easily average 16-18 ppg/4-5 apg in the league without needing to be great in 1 on 1 situations. His skills as a shooter, passer, ballhandler easily make up for the lack of 1 on 1 ability. He'll need to call for screens a lot, and that's fine because he's a good playmaker.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

32.......................................1-0
Lakers95.............................1-0
pio2u.................................1-3
Chronicle...........................0-4
diando...............................0-3
danzag..............................0-2
Kb24goldenChild...............0-1
Don Draper........................0-1
rak617..............................0-1
zePokar..............................0-1

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Liked Rusell posting up in this game. Reminds me of Magic.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Thought Jamison took a broadcasting job with the Wizards
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I need video proof to believe this.

Lol well I did go back and record it but I don't know how to post it lol
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
BScott snippy and condescending when asked about Nick.

If he is going to bench guys for petty stuff like that he should be expecting questions about it. It's obviously personal and not a basketball decision. Man up and explain yourself Byron. Tell us that if people don't like your garbage offense, then they lose their right to be part of it.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Game Thread Standings wrote:

32.......................................1-0
Lakers95.............................1-0
pio2u.................................1-3
Chronicle...........................0-4
diando...............................0-3
danzag..............................0-2
Kb24goldenChild...............0-1
Don Draper........................0-1
rak617..............................0-1
zePokar..............................0-1

I am guessing we dont want lakers95, pio2u, or 32 to start any game threads.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Korver has become a good defender in recent years.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

I monitored this the game against Philly and another one earlier, and Russell barely beats his man off the dribble when he tries to - unless his man really has no idea how to defend or his man reaches for a steal. His PPP on iso's are also very low. It's ok, he's not supposed to be an ISO heavy 1 on 1 player. He's going to be a spot shooter, a S/R ballhandler, a guy coming off screens off the ball etc.

He can easily average 16-18 ppg/4-5 apg in the league without needing to be great in 1 on 1 situations. His skills as a shooter, passer, ballhandler easily make up for the lack of 1 on 1 ability. He'll need to call for screens a lot, and that's fine because he's a good playmaker.

Kidd and Payton never blew by people in iso 1 on 1. He doesn't have their strength yet.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject:

They came out to see Kobe Bryant’s last game in Atlanta.
They came in droves.

Quote:
Philips Arena was at near capacity Friday night with the Lakers in town and Bryant days removed from announcing this will be his last NBA season. The Hawks home court had the feel of Los Angeles’ Staples Center with a clear majority of fans decked out in purple and gold and cheering for Bryant.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basketball/kobe-latest-opposing-player-to-be-cheered-in-atlan/npcqd/?icmp=ajc_internallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

botox wrote:
Genaro wrote:
Scott once again made crucial mistakes. Clarkson benched the whole 4th, Randle out most of the 4th, Kobe playing too much minutes.

About the Nick situation, I must say that, even though I disapprove the reason why he was benched (He only spoke the truth), I liked him going out of rotation. With Nick and Lou you have basically the same thing so there's no use playing both of them. Artest even though he shouldn't be playing (where's Brown?) have another kind of skills. This also gave Lance some playing time.

Which goes back to wolfpac's point and a lot of our complaints about the poorly constructed roster

It's just Byron. There are 96 available minutes to split between DLO, JC, and Lou. That's 32 each if you equalized them, and more for JC if you gave him 4-6 of Lou's minutes or a few of Russell's.

Nick has shown with his play this season that he's deserving of more minutes. The JC, Nick, Lou lineup has been decent, because it was basically high pnr with the two sixth men as spot up guys. All these wacky rotations are self inflicted wounds by the coach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34
Jump to: