LAKERS -at- RAPTORS - 12-7-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

sundaquem wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
sundaquem wrote:
I'm from Brazil and I have been watching Huertas since long time ago. He's a excellent player. You guys have to remember that the adaptation in the league is not so easy. That happened to Splitter too, who came to nba making horrendus movements and in a little time after he was a fundamental piece in the spurs' defense.

First point - His defense awareness is not so bat as he is showing up lately, I think Huertas is feeling the heat, primarily the physical part. He played against the best pg's in the world, including the american team, and his defense never was a key factor for a loss.

Second point - He lost the pre season, and he was injured, losting the few time he had to get some chemistry from the team and set a better athletic condition.

He is by far the best pg Lakers has right now.
I would have agreed with you if he were 5 years younger. He's 32 now and past his prime. I'd say he's good for spot minutes.
I don't think anybody thought of him as a starting PG. His experience, confidence and skills give him the ability to not defer to Kobe to the detriment of ball movement to provide clean shots for the Black Mamba and others - hence earning Kobe's DFish-like respect

DLO has not yet have the confidence that a 17 years old Kobe had when he took 3 airball shots in a playoff game with Utah despite having players like Shaq on the roster

Kind of...i wouldn't think he as a starter too, but in this mess right now he should start. DLo, honestly, should be on D-League this year or coming from the bench. Clarkson has everything to contribute a lot, but hes lack of confidence is strange.

I see Huertas taking the best of Young, Clarkson, Nance, Kelly and even Sacre on the floor.

For this year I don't even blame on his age bescause IQ is what is making the team lost a lot of games(and his IQ can overpower the lack of IQ from Byron). And two other factors, Byron Scott and Kobe(he deserves all the best but this year kobe's minutes are heavy for the team, it's only viable having great rebounders to cover Kobe's shots)

Huertas was giving backups 8 feet of space because he was afraid of the drive. And you want him to start?
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

A strangely rigid coaching mindset, huh ? Against a team that Randle seems an ideal destroyer before tipoff, he gets his minutes cut and doesn't start. Even as the Raptor front court seemed to be dissolving in front of us, no adjustments. Yow !
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Quote:
I’m assuming Bass is still ahead of Bass on the depth chart.

Huh?

Oops. Meant ahead of Black.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I like Russell and Randle coming off the bench - young players should be tested and face adversity. Let's see how they handle it.

With that being said, I don't want them to play any less minutes because they need playing time to develop.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject:

sundaquem wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
sundaquem wrote:
I'm from Brazil and I have been watching Huertas since long time ago. He's a excellent player. You guys have to remember that the adaptation in the league is not so easy. That happened to Splitter too, who came to nba making horrendus movements and in a little time after he was a fundamental piece in the spurs' defense.

First point - His defense awareness is not so bat as he is showing up lately, I think Huertas is feeling the heat, primarily the physical part. He played against the best pg's in the world, including the american team, and his defense never was a key factor for a loss.

Second point - He lost the pre season, and he was injured, losting the few time he had to get some chemistry from the team and set a better athletic condition.

I would have agreed with you if he were 5 years younger. He's 32 now and past his prime. I'd say he's good for spot minutes.
I don't think anybody thought of him as a starting PG. His experience, confidence and skills give him the ability to not defer to Kobe to the detriment of ball movement to provide clean shots for the Black Mamba and others - hence earning Kobe's DFish-like respect

DLO has not yet have the confidence that a 17 years old Kobe had when he took 3 airball shots in a playoff game with Utah despite having players like Shaq on the roster
Kind of...i wouldn't think he as a starter too, but in this mess right now he should start. DLo, honestly, should be on D-League this year or coming from the bench. Clarkson has everything to contribute a lot, but hes lack of confidence is strange.

I see Huertas taking the best of Young, Clarkson, Nance, Kelly and even Sacre on the floor.

For this year I don't even blame on his age bescause IQ is what is making the team lost a lot of games(and his IQ can overpower the lack of IQ from Byron). And two other factors, Byron Scott and Kobe(he deserves all the best but this year kobe's minutes are heavy for the team, it's only viable having great rebounders to cover Kobe's shots)
Kobe's stat line that included more assists and rebounds, this Black Mamba is needed.

Hearing that it is hard for DLO to not defer to The Black Mamba is a clear indication that needed growth in leadership is needed before he can understand the respect DFish got from Kobe - prerequisite to playing next to Kobe.

If Kobe is playing "heavy" minutes (bringing up the ball, defending he top players, etc.), it is WAY too much PT. If his minutes are "light" - meaning that he can take plays off on offense, not needed to initiate the offense, able to set up in the post (as oppose to going off multiple screens) and rebounding (something I am sure Byron was hoping), it is just a little too much.

At the stage where DLO is at, Kobe must feel like he is playing on an average college basketball team hoping that it will get better or at least have aggressive players very confident about their abilities with an obsession to display their gifts during crunch time.

Huersta is a confident PG able to tell players where they should be at - even if it is Kobe (which is what the Black Mamba is looking for - right or wrong).
sundaquem
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
sundaquem wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
sundaquem wrote:

Huertas was giving backups 8 feet of space because he was afraid of the drive. And you want him to start?

Adaptation thing man, he defended Joseph pretty well last game. Is visible that he is training his weaknesses.

Quote:
sundaquem wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
sundaquem wrote:

Kobe's stat line that included more assists and rebounds, this Black Mamba is needed.

Hearing that it is hard for DLO to not defer to The Black Mamba is a clear indication that needed growth in leadership is needed before he can understand the respect DFish got from Kobe - prerequisite to playing next to Kobe.

If Kobe is playing "heavy" minutes (bringing up the ball, defending he top players, etc.), it is WAY too much PT. If his minutes are "light" - meaning that he can take plays off on offense, not needed to initiate the offense, able to set up in the post (as oppose to going off multiple screens) and rebounding (something I am sure Byron was hoping), it is just a little too much.

At the stage where DLO is at, Kobe must feel like he is playing on an average college basketball team hoping that it will get better or at least have aggressive players very confident about their abilities with an obsession to display their gifts during crunch time.

Huersta is a confident PG able to tell players where they should be at - even if it is Kobe (which is what the Black Mamba is looking for - right or wrong).

Yep, more or less. I mostly agree with you
Tiez
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
The starting 5 – I don't mind having Nance instead of Randle, although I am not sure it helps either. We'll see in 10 games.

DLO should start. Bring Kobe off the bench.

Since that is not going to happen, and if you really need to change the guards, bring Clarkson off the bench, but start Young.

All this is irrelevant, if the best 5 of the current game is not on the floor in the fourth. Scott, would you listen to Worthy? Please!

Black is the backup C off the Lakers. Scott, listen, it is Black. Not Bass, not Sacre (barring injuries). It is Black!
Does anyone know why Black is in the doghouse?

Could Worthy and Scott swap places for at least some games?

Couldn't agree more!

#LetBlackPlay
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: