Redo 2014 NBA Draft Top 10
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 15343

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Redo 2014 NBA Draft Top 10

My top 10 would be

1. Wiggins
2. Randle
3. Parker (benefit of a doubt)
4. J.Clarkson
5. Z.LaVine (Really a toss up between him and Clarkson right now)
6. E.Payton
7. Exum
8. A.Gordon
9.Embiid
10. M.Smart

7-9 all based on potential. Amazing the Lakers got 2 of the best talents in that draft.

How would everyone's else list look?
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 81006

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject:

What is crazier is that Minny got the #1 guys in Wiggins/KAT.
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34281

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject:

1) Andrew Wiggins
2) Julius Randle
3) Aaron Gordon
4) Jabari Parker
5) Jordan Clarkson
6) Marcus Smart
7) Elfrid Payton
8) Clint Capela
9) Zach Lavine
10) Jusuf Nurkic
_________________
http://lakerfilmroom.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 5078

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
1) Andrew Wiggins
2) Julius Randle
3) Aaron Gordon
4) Jabari Parker
5) Jordan Clarkson
6) Marcus Smart
7) Elfrid Payton
8) Clint Capela
9) Zach Lavine
10) Jusuf Nurkic


I like TJ Warren over Nurkic, but Rodney Hood over them both, and would swap Gordon and Wiggins, but other than that pretty much the same.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34281

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
1) Andrew Wiggins
2) Julius Randle
3) Aaron Gordon
4) Jabari Parker
5) Jordan Clarkson
6) Marcus Smart
7) Elfrid Payton
8) Clint Capela
9) Zach Lavine
10) Jusuf Nurkic


I like TJ Warren over Nurkic, but Rodney Hood over them both, and would swap Gordon and Wiggins, but other than that pretty much the same.


You'd take Gordon first?
_________________
http://lakerfilmroom.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 15343

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
1) Andrew Wiggins
2) Julius Randle
3) Aaron Gordon
4) Jabari Parker
5) Jordan Clarkson
6) Marcus Smart
7) Elfrid Payton
8) Clint Capela
9) Zach Lavine
10) Jusuf Nurkic


No way I take Smart over Lavine. It's a debate to me between Clarkson/LaVine b/c he is 2-3 years younger
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28577
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject:

I still don't see why Wiggins is all that tbh
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10553

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject:

Are you guys not high on Smart? His counting numbers aren't great but the advanced stats seem to love him, mostly for defense.

For example, last year Clarkson was -3.64, whereas Smart was +1.31 on RAPM

Obviously Clarkson's improved but the difference in their respective defense still might too great?
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 15343

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Are you guys not high on Smart? His counting numbers aren't great but the advanced stats seem to love him, mostly for defense.

For example, last year Clarkson was -3.64, whereas Smart was +1.31 on RAPM

Obviously Clarkson's improved but the difference in their respective defense still might too great?


Right now he is just a great defensive player with no offensive game. Was shooting 24% from 3 this year before he got hurt and he doesn't have the speed to blow by anyone. He's a good role player but I take guys with higher potential like LeVine over him every time
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 81006

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

Smart is a top level defender already. But yeah, he's going to be a defensive stopper more than a fully well rounded player. Not bad at #6 but Jules was the better overall choice.
_________________
2 Max Scenarios:

-JC out for $0/Deng stretched = 57.6m in 2018 cap space
-Same as above and Jules renounced/traded for $0 = 69.9m in 2018 cap space

2 of 4 of these players will be Lakers in 2018 (LBJ/PG13/WB/Boogie)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 55924
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

I remember taking some heat on LSL and possibly here for wanting LaVine if the Lakers had a pick that dropped significantly. Good to see he's living up to his potential and growing.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25600

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

1. Wiggins
2. Julius /Jabari
3. Jabari /Julius
4. Clarkson
5. Lavine
6. Gordon
7. Capella
8. smart
9. Payton
10. Nurkic

5-8 are all pretty equal to me I'm not sure who will be the best out of that group
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 5078

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
1) Andrew Wiggins
2) Julius Randle
3) Aaron Gordon
4) Jabari Parker
5) Jordan Clarkson
6) Marcus Smart
7) Elfrid Payton
8) Clint Capela
9) Zach Lavine
10) Jusuf Nurkic


I like TJ Warren over Nurkic, but Rodney Hood over them both, and would swap Gordon and Wiggins, but other than that pretty much the same.


You'd take Gordon first?


insane and will probably look (bleep) stupid in retrospect but i like him a lot and think he's going to be a star soon. i dunno. i was feeling frisky when i posted that. now that i'm not feeling so frisky, probably put him at 3 like you did. lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25600

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I think Bruno Cobaclo has an outside shot to be a really good 3/D player. He's shooting about 30% from 3 in his 2 dleague seasons, nice stroke he should improve that. He's a 6'9 SF with a 7'7" wingspan and like a 9'5" reach, lmao. If he focuses his development on being a good defender, watch out. His foot speed and athleticism are completely average, but lateral quickness in a stance can be improved - along w his strength.
He's also really solid off the dribble offensively.

He got Durant comparisons for no reason but being 6'9, but I'd say his ceiling is a defensive freak like we've never seen, really - along with being a good 3pt shooter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34281

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I think Bruno Cobaclo has an outside shot to be a really good 3/D player. He's shooting about 30% from 3 in his 2 dleague seasons, nice stroke he should improve that. He's a 6'9 SF with a 7'7" wingspan and like a 9'5" reach, lmao. If he focuses his development on being a good defender, watch out. His foot speed and athleticism are completely average, but lateral quickness in a stance can be improved - along w his strength.
He's also really solid off the dribble offensively.

He got Durant comparisons for no reason but being 6'9, but I'd say his ceiling is a defensive freak like we've never seen, really - along with being a good 3pt shooter.



_________________
http://lakerfilmroom.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25600

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I think Bruno Cobaclo has an outside shot to be a really good 3/D player. He's shooting about 30% from 3 in his 2 dleague seasons, nice stroke he should improve that. He's a 6'9 SF with a 7'7" wingspan and like a 9'5" reach, lmao. If he focuses his development on being a good defender, watch out. His foot speed and athleticism are completely average, but lateral quickness in a stance can be improved - along w his strength.
He's also really solid off the dribble offensively.

He got Durant comparisons for no reason but being 6'9, but I'd say his ceiling is a defensive freak like we've never seen, really - along with being a good 3pt shooter.




Wow what a beautiful gesture and song . Lmao

Really though he's a good prospect. Just watched recent highlights Offense and D - he's got good footspeed and motor on D actually. He could be a good player one day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 15343

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Ford:
1. Wiggins
2. Parker
3. LaVine
4. Exum
5. Capela
6. Smart
7. Payton
8. Noel
9. Gordon
10. Mirotic
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 55924
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one that actually really likes Jabari Parker?
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34281

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure his mother loves him.
_________________
http://lakerfilmroom.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 55924
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I'm sure his mother loves him.


You don't perceive him as a dynamic stretch 4?
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34281

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'm sure his mother loves him.


You don't perceive him as a dynamic stretch 4?


He needs to make at least one 3 pointer this season before I'm willing to classify him as a stretch 4.
_________________
http://lakerfilmroom.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25600

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Jabari will get his halfway decent jumper back soon. He's shooting 23% from 16feet to the 3pt line, and yea has made no 3s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14965

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Who would have predicted Julius would be a better 3 point shooter than Jabari? (I know it's early )
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 55924
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Who would have predicted Julius would be a better 3 point shooter than Jabari? (I know it's early )


47% up to 16' isn't exactly terrible. Dude is coming off of ACL injury.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 14965

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
22 wrote:
Who would have predicted Julius would be a better 3 point shooter than Jabari? (I know it's early )


47% up to 16' isn't exactly terrible. Dude is coming off of ACL injury.


not taking shots at Jabari. But I am happy we got Julius over him
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB