+++Lakers @ Thunder+++ 12/19/15- 2:00 PM PST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I guess both Kobe and Byron are just kicking back and enjoying their last year in the NBA.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Let's just go back to our lives and try to pretend this game never happened. If we don't, we'll probably just

Laker games never start at 2PM. This never happened.

Yep, this shows how little attention the schedule makers give the Lakers this year considering they expected them to stink. When I think of Saturday afternoon games I tend to think Clippers.....
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Russell struggled with his 3pt shot but he contributed in other facets of the game. Stats today: 12pts 5 assists and 7 rebounds in 27 minutes. It is clear to me that he is the best playmaker on this team and really the only guy that tries to get his other teammates involved. A. Brown got a lot more opportunities with Russell than with the other two guards he played with, namely Clarkson and Lou. Russell was one of the few players who passed to him and got him an open shot.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We can still look forward to Round 2 against this Thunder team in four days at Staples, on the second night of a b2b. At least Kobe might be able to play in that one!
cycl0nus
Star Player
Star Player

im gonna watch bad santa and trading places
Genaro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Thunder is the forth best team in the league. I was expecting a blowout, specially without Kobe. But i'm really disappointed about our young guys play. Brown is a non factor both sides. Randle seems to have hit the rookie wall. Russell's shot is gone again.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Genaro wrote:
Thunder is the forth best team in the league. I was expecting a blowout, specially without Kobe. But i'm really disappointed about our young guys play. Brown is a non factor both sides. Randle seems to have hit the rookie wall. Russell's shot is gone again.

Brown will be much better with NBA experience. This was his first significant game. Russell found him for a lot of open looks but they weren't going down. Those will be money next game.
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Sad times man, 25 pages for a Lakers game.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Another 30 point loss.

Close; .... but apparently it was worse than we expected
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Sad times man, 25 pages for a Lakers game.

40 point blow-outs usually don't lead to healthy discussion or interest from the vanquished.

Kind of glad I missed this one.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

No heart today, it was a very pathetic "performance". I'm very disappointed in what I saw from the young guys.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Clarkson and Lou had good games. Not much from anyone else.

Well, they each scored some points but hardly good games.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

32.......................................1-0
Lakers95.............................1-1
zePokar..............................1-2
pio2u.................................1-3
Chronicle...........................0-4
diando...............................0-3
danzag..............................0-3
zePokar..............................1-2
yuurin98...........................0-2
Kb24goldenChild...............0-1
Don Draper........................0-1
rak617..............................0-1
Triangle_Offense...............0-1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
For anyone still defending Byron. Just replace some names and we have the current lakers.
Quote:
What is your biggest concern about the job that Byron Scott has done with the Cavaliers?

David: I would have liked to see defensive improvement throughout the season. Dion Waiters has had his hands full learning to play the game the right way offensively, and Tyler Zeller is over-matched, but I didn't see either get better with their off-ball defense. Kyrie Irving got better, at least some of the time, with effort level defensively but never in the team concept. The perimeter defense and the transition defense were embarrassing all season long. Alonzo Gee seemed to regress defensively, and certainly never became a good team defender. I can put qualifications on a lot of this but when you have athletes who can run the floor, and the Cavs do, they shouldn't be getting beat down the floor like they were time and time again.

Conrad: Certainly something related to the defense. I'll be the first to tell you about the need for better defensive talent and continuity, but there were some things that I saw that were really quite inexcusable. It doesn't take a good system or defensive talent to just not leave shooters in the corner for wide open threes. Finding a solution to the 3rd quarter woes would have been ideal as well. I'm not in the locker room during halftime, but it seems as though the team is not ready to play coming out of the break. I'm not sure why that is or if it's even Byron's fault, however.

Angelo: The lack of any semblance of an offensive/defensive system. I have no idea what the hell this team is supposed to look like. With young players that need to learn the game, having some sort of set go-to system can be extremely helpful so they have some sort of role they need to fill. Without it, you get the crap we've seen since March on.

Sam: The biggest concern has to be the total lack of improvement on the defensive end, right? I understand that the pieces just simply aren't there for this to be a good defensive team quite yet (Zeller in the middle, Kyrie and Dion leaving spot-up shooters open like it's in their job description), but Scott hasn't adjusted the strategy of this team either. Too often, I notice too many players below the foul line on the offensive end, which leads to easy transition buckets for the other team.

Ben: Generally just not a fan of his in-game decision making, going back to the 27 game losing streak. That there doesn't seem to be a coherent offensive or defensive system is also worrisome. They also routinely screw up end of quarter situations, not to mention fast breaks. While I know that the talent level has been, um, sub-par, they have had too many no-show games (going back to the second game of the year. So. Healthy). I don't like that they always seemed to play down to the opponents (losing winnable games against teams like the Hornets and the Kings, going 0-4 vs the Pistons). All of these things point to a lack of attention to detail (which was allegedly a problem in New Orleans).

Boosh: My biggest concern is that his systems may be outdated. It's easy to cite his experiences in New Orleans and New Jersey as reasons to have faith, but I'm uneasy with the idea of treating those past successes as concrete evidence of future outcomes. NBA defenses (and with them offenses) have evolved quite a bit in just the last few years. If Coach Scott is rigidly rolling out archaic defensive schemes and offensive sets, then the ceiling for this team is limited regardless of the talent.

Excellent read. I think archaic describes it perfectly.

Surprised I missed this. This needs to be highlighted. Still can't believe we hired this idiot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to: