Kwame's "Defense"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Kwame's "Defense"

Kwame single handedly lost this game for us with his terrible defense...

Worthy pointed out several of his screw ups at halftime, but it just continued in the 2nd half...anyone notice that guys stopped dunking and getting layups when Bynum was in?

Sad that Kwame is getting outplayed defensively by an 18 year old rookie!

Kwame's pick and roll defense is just terrible. He keeps leaving his man and never going back, then his man scores.

How many times in the last few minutes did Kwame let someone dunk on a putback while he was just standing in the paint?

Some might see this as a piss and moan, but honestly I'd like to open discussion on whats going on in Kwames head....he obviously has the physical tools, what is he thinking on defense?

Now I can see why the Washington fans were so down on him.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Kwame's "Defense"

dirka dirka wrote:
Kwame single handedly lost this game for us with his terrible defense...

Worthy pointed out several of his screw ups at halftime, but it just continued in the 2nd half...anyone notice that guys stopped dunking and getting layups when Bynum was in?

Sad that Kwame is getting outplayed defensively by an 18 year old rookie!

Kwame's pick and roll defense is just terrible. He keeps leaving his man and never going back, then his man scores.

How many times in the last few minutes did Kwame let someone dunk on a putback while he was just standing in the paint?

Some might see this as a piss and moan, but honestly I'd like to open discussion on whats going on in Kwames head....he obviously has the physical tools, what is he thinking on defense?

Now I can see why the Washington fans were so down on him.

I still believe it was worth the gamble. Kwame is a bust, but the Lakers are/were desperate and they needed to roll the dice. Interesting that Zen Phil has actually regressed Kwame's game.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I think perhaps it was worth the gamble, but honestly, the guy needs to sit down and watch the rookie more...I was amazed at Bynums D actually, it wasn't perfect by any stretch but he was REALLY active on the pick and rolls, he even jumped out early to screw up the plays.

Bynum is the future and it can't get here soon enough!
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

kwame is only effective against good post players who play with their back behind the basket. He cant defend players who can move their feet. He cant block shots. He has bad anticipation. He could only use his size.

Its funny people wanted to trade Mihm and start Kwame for Center.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
kwame is only effective against good post players who play with their back behind the basket. He cant defend players who can move their feet. He cant block shots. He has bad anticipation. He could only use his size.

Its funny people wanted to trade Mihm and start Kwame for Center.

Did PJ Brown even score on Bynum? I dont think so, but, as soon as Kwame came back in he had a dunk on yet another terrible pick and roll play by Kwame...then he scored again shortly after that.

I know Phil doesn't think Bynum is ready to handle the minutes, but at this point, I don't see any other choice.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

You can't blame this entirely on Brown. Don't forget all the dribble penetration the Lakers give. Don't forget all the times Kobe gambled for a steal putting the pressure on the rest of the team. Don't forget all of Kobe's TO's...7. And the fact the whole team was fatigued. Five games in Seven nights.

Yes Kwame played bad but the team as whole played like crap.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
You can't blame this entirely on Brown. Don't forget all the dribble penetration the Lakers give. Don't forget all the times Kobe gambled for a steal putting the pressure on the rest of the team. Don't forget all of Kobe's TO's...7. And the fact the whole team was fatigued. Five games in Seven nights.

how much did we lose by? sure other guys got beat off the dribble...but honestly teams are going to do that period, they are going to score, you will not pitch a shut out.

problem came in the pick and rolls, kwame not putting any effort on D, James Worthy is bagging on Kwame AGAIN in post game interviews....says he doesn't see the effort from him.

Kwame didnt box out at all this game either, man, letting guys dunk uncontested...this was Kwame's night as a Center, and he let us down terribly...

How about the 3-4 times Kwame is trying to steal the ball from Paul half way down the court while PJ is running under the basket to score?

Laughable!
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

but ask duncan how kwame's D give him nightmares..
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

how much did we lose by? sure other guys got beat off the dribble...but honestly teams are going to do that period, they are going to score, you will not pitch a shut out.

problem came in the pick and rolls, kwame not putting any effort on D, James Worthy is bagging on Kwame AGAIN in post game interviews....says he doesn't see the effort from him.

Kwame didnt box out at all this game either, man, letting guys dunk uncontested...this was Kwame's night as a Center, and he let us down terribly...

How about the 3-4 times Kwame is trying to steal the ball from Paul half way down the court while PJ is running under the basket to score?

Laughable!

And as I said the whole team screwed up not just Kwame... the whole team.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

Laughable!

And as I said the whole team screwed up not just Kwame... the whole team.

I don't agree, not everyone played great, but Kwame provided a big fat ZERO in the paint, you just can't win if you don't get good interior defense. Every time Kwame was in the game the hornets were getting easy layups/put backs/dunks while Kwame stood in the lane looking helpless...he's responsible for QUITE a few easy baskets for the opposition tonight. Not running back up the floor...ah what the heck, I've already gone over what he did and so did Worthy ;p
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

To further my point, Kwame had 2 freakin fouls in this game...he shoulda fouled out HACKING guys going in for dunks and layups...instead he just stands in the lane crowd watchin or something.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I believe he had 5 points in the point which is essentially 0 but he only got I think 5-6 attempts. As you said he was responsible for QUITE a few easy baskets not all of them what about the easy put backs by Mason and that guy that dunked over Wafer (I forget his name). And as far as Worthy, he made those same comments at halftime. He always does that. Today Kwame was his whipping boy, it's not always the case. As I said the whole team screwed up not just Kwame...the whole team.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I believe he had 5 points in the point which is essentially 0 but he only got I think 5-6 attempts. As you said he was responsible for QUITE a few easy baskets not all of them what about the easy put backs by Mason and that guy that dunked over Wafer (I forget his name). And as far as Worthy, he made those same comments at halftime. He always does that. Today Kwame was his whipping boy, it's not always the case. As I said the whole team screwed up not just Kwame...the whole team.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject:

I say as soon as Turiaf is able to play we start him and sit Kwame on the bench...this is exactly what happened in washington...Kwame lost his starting job to 2 journey men scrubs!!! Turiaf could not POSSIBLY be worse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: