THUNDER -at- LAKERS - 12-23-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Chinaman is a lot like Scott. If there is anyone to blame, it is the youngsters.

At least Scott seems to have patience to wait until they develop. Chinaman wants them to be all-stars out of the gates. Unanimous leaders, accountable for losses and lack of energy or contribution of vets, demanding double-teams.

Talk about the role reversal. Why not being critical of Kobe for not holding the team accountable?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject:

CannonBrown wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
I "moved the goal posts" to include Clarkson

Everybody else (IMHO) falls under the category of vets

Byron left Clarkson and Nance in with the hope that they will learn on the court

Observing DLO's energy during garbage time. Of course his stats would be better against OKC's second team in garbage time. Wondering if the situation would provide him the opportunities to really let loose. DLO didn't play badly

Question still is which one of the young players (FYI: Clarkson, DLO, Randall and Nance) have shown glimpses of being the "Face" of the franchise and being a leader. Recognize that all of them have expressed their confidence

Still hoping that one of these young players will bloom and take the reins of leadership
Russell was a +12 in the 1st half, and a -1 in garbage time. We were up 3 when he went out, and down 34 when he came back in. I'm trying to understand your point here, which seems to be all over the place. You initially said that the rookies/young guys were the primary culprits for why we lost.

As for "face of the franchise" stuff, if that's what you're expecting, of course you're going to be disappointed. Our next franchise player doesn't need to be home grown either. No 19-23 year olds are gonna emerge as leaders when they're playing with guys who are 10-15 years older than them.
Love this exchange but please don't add words like primary and attribute it to me

The young players were the culprits (given that Clarkson and Nance were in the starting lineup but it wasn't their fault. My attention was not on DLO, acknowledging your apparent assumption that I was focused on DLO.

Kobe, Wall, Lillard, LBJ, KG, Irving, CP3 and others displayed early in their careers tangible signs that they had Alpha personalities and will a leader (to what degree differs per example). Did they have flaws in their game when they first started - yes (like even Magic and Bird)

Did DLO play badly - no. Did he make an impact on the game - no. It is hard to effectively evaluate stats from the last game (for me), hence my observations were based on my eyeballs. I am sure folks like Fiendishoc can come up with many stats to support various arguments

Laker fans have high expectations and demands for these young players and want to know what they could/can be because the fan base is impatient while expecting rings. It is not a sin that they might be good to excellent players that have long careers like past Lakers such as Vlade, DFish,!Van Excel, Elden Campbell, Eddie Jones, Jim McMillan and others that started their careers with the Lakers

Mitch is pondering the same question as it affects which talent he is targeting.

Young players does not = just DLO. I believe these young players (Clarkson, Randle, Nance and DLO)!will be the core foundation for the Lakers' future. Will any of these hard-working talented be a transcendent players and/or leaders like DFish and others - the jury is still out. These high draft choices are expected to be impact players - that is the nature of the draft. If any lottery draft choice feels "entitled" that they should be a starter - they are expected to produce because one cannot have one without the other

It would be fascinating to hear from others on which of the young players have the best chance to be The Face, when it will happen and what will it take to get them there?

Is it just me or is it true that none of the young players are demanding doubleteams from our opponents?

DB - thanks for the stats from your always excellent breakdowns

DLO def had a better impact than anybody else. During that good run in the second quarter, DLO and Kobe were the primary reasons we even took a lead. How do you expect DLO to make an impact, when Byron decides to bench him for 13-15 minutes straight and then puts him in when they are down 34? He works with what he gets, if anyone is to blame its Byron, for not being able to make adjustments.
As I had shared, it appeared that Byron was doing his impression of The Zen Master hoping that the players on the court will learn by playing through their mistakes. Obviously unsuccessful

My observations were not focused on DLO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: