Kobe Looks Like...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Kobe Looks Like...

I was looking at this team and I was wondering where I saw this before. Then I remembered.

Kobe looks like T-Mac did when he was in Orlando with all those scrubs. He was putting up big numbers and they were still losing. When Kobe went for 62, T-mac said "been there done that."

He was so upset at management for not giving him the help he needed that he bailed at the first chance he could.

Now, I'm not putting T-Mac on the same level as Kobe. I'm just saying, that this looks very familiar and if you learn from history then you can actually see the future comming a mile away.

Last edited by qreus-76 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Ya and its not Kobe's fault.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Kobe looks like Mitch Richmond when he was in Sac-town.
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ya and its not Kobe's fault.

No its' not.

Last edited by qreus-76 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

whats with.....
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Looks Like...

qreus-76 wrote:
I was looking at this team and I was wondering where I saw this before. Then I remembered.

Kobe looks like T-Mac did when he was in Orlando with all those scrubs. He was putting up big numbers and they were still losing. When Kobe went for 62, T-mac said "been there done that."

He was so upset at management for not giving him the help he needed that he bailed at the first chance he could.

Now, I'm not putting T-Mac on the same level as Kobe. I'm just saying, that this looks very familiar and if you learn from history then you can actually see the future comming a mile away.

I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday! Have we really become the Orlando Magic?
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

....these topic titles.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Weren't they like 0-16. Lets hope it doesnt get that bad.
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
whats with.........these topic titles.

lol. Just to wet you're appetite I guess. Seems to be the norm around these parts. Title competion has become fierce with all this losing.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

It was 62...

Kobe would never bail on the Lakers. He is too confident in himself and maybe too stubborn to. The world has blamed him for the break up of the Lakers. The world has made an issue of Kobe wanting his own team... At least that's the perception. Kobe is under a lot of pressure and to jump ship is open himself up for even greater criticism. He's going nowhere, but the fall guy in this org will be Mitch. I think the whole organization has been incompetent. PJ's love affair for Luke Walton is baffling, it was blinding that PJ didn't even know Jumaine Jones existed. JJ never had a chance because he wasn't the typical triangle player, his unwillingness to play Bynum, his lack of adjustments. I mean I could understand resting Kobe and going about your normal ways, but since we don't have Odom or Mihm in tonight's game. You cannot go about your normal ways, you cannot sit Kobe to begin the second, make freaking adjustments. The team's unwillingness to deal Odom for Artest and Croshere. The whole org has been stupid, but Mitch will take the blame.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

The sad thing is that that Orlando team was probably better. Lue, Giricek, Gooden, Juwan Howard, Pachulia, Nailon...
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

honestly, the 81 point game was a sneak peak of what this team actually is...anytime you need Kobe to score 81 to beat the Raptors, you know something's wrong.

I can't believe Kobe can shoot 12/18 and score 35 and still lose. Kobe scores 35 on 13/26 and still lose. Losing to team we should've beaten. That's how bad this team is.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I know that Kobe won't bail. He can't. If he does then he will be blamed for the downfall of the organization.

I'm not saying it would be right to blame him. But knowing the media and hatters, man, they would eat him up alive.

Plus, I beleive his resolve is stronger than that. He likes challenges and adversity. His greatest thrill will be to prove everyone that doubted him wrong.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
honestly, the 81 point game was a sneak peak of what this team actually is...anytime you need Kobe to score 81 to beat the Raptors, you know something's wrong.

I can't believe Kobe can shoot 12/18 and score 35 and still lose. Kobe scores 35 on 13/26 and still lose. Losing to team we should've beaten. That's how bad this team is.

We didn't just lose - we got THUMPED.

Jake Speed, 1986
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

It's sad ever since Kobe climbed the 81 point ladder the Lakers have been playing worse and worse....the Knicks don't count.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Drifts, you speak the truth
jim155
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject:

mitch: "as far as our next world champ is less than 80-year away, it is fair enough".
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

You know, I kinda got caught up in the hoopla that I didn't stop to think about that. Why did Kobe have to go for 81 in the first place? And against the Raptors.

But then when you realy look at it, you have to go back to that 62 point game against Dallas. If you wanted to make noise in the playoffs, you must assume that you have to be more balance against the Mavs win or lose because you can't expect Kobe to go for 50, 60, 70 every playoff game.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
Drifts wrote:

And this is what is so alarming. 47 games into the season, and the same guys are making the same basic A-B-C mistakes. They even adding to them. You can't improve as a team if guys can't execute even the most elementary aspects of playing offense and defense.

The idea some have that this team will get better is quite frankly unfounded. In fact, they're getting worse. We're not just getting beat. We getting beat down....BADLY. And it's little wonder. This the time of the year where the creme rises to the top, and the crap sinks the bottom.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:

kells1220 wrote:
Drifts, you speak the truth

the truth hurts.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Hye4life
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

To me, this season feels strangely like what happened last season. They were at the exact same point around 24-19 then it collapsed. This season they were 24-20 and it seems to be collapsing all over again. All I can say is I feel sorry for Kobe. I have never said this before about Mitch and even went as far as to defend him, but the team I saw tonight should not even practice against an NBA team and yet they are playing for a great organization like the Lakers, FIRE MITCH!
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Agreed.
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I think the league has figured us out. The mistique of Phill is gone. They know that if they double and tripple team Kobe, it will create big troubles for our team.

But it's nothing new. In fact, when the pistons beat us in the championshiop series, their defensive scheme seemed to be to simply double and trap Kobe. They weren't realy doubling Shaq so much as they were doubling Kobe.

Too bad the team doesn't know how to capitalize on this yet.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

qreus-76 wrote:
I think the league has figured us out. The mistique of Phill is gone. They know that if they double and tripple team Kobe, it will create big troubles for our team.

But it's nothing new. In fact, when the pistons beat us in the championshiop series, their defensive scheme seemed to be to simply double and trap Kobe. They weren't realy doubling Shaq so much as they were doubling Kobe.

Too bad the team doesn't know how to capitalize on this yet.

True.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: