this forum is pretty dominated by a handful of users

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 2916

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: this forum is pretty dominated by a handful of users

so it's clear now that the forums here are pretty much dominated by about 5-10 users. i don't know how many thousands are lurking, but that seems to be the case. and most of the posts by these users, the ones that make sure to comment in almost any thread regardless of if they have anything to contribute or not...is pretty much negative. i hesitate to call it trolling, but that's probably the closest term for it.

that is all.

i also claim that these users are preventing others from participating.
_________________
U+1F49C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 51464

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: this forum is pretty dominated by a handful of users

SuperboyReformed wrote:
so it's clear now that the forums here are pretty much dominated by about 5-10 users. i don't know how many thousands are lurking, but that seems to be the case. and most of the posts by these users, the ones that make sure to comment in almost any thread regardless of if they have anything to contribute or not...is pretty much negative. i hesitate to call it trolling, but that's probably the closest term for it.

that is all.

i also claim that these users are preventing others from participating.

Yeah we may have some high usage users but there's no reason others can't step up their game and be high usage as well. Unlike in a basketball game where there's a limited number of minutes and possessions before a game is over - a thread in terms of the discussion can continue on and on. If you feel that some are dominating too much, it won't help by sitting back and complaining or quitting like some tend to do. Instead make your own case, whatever it is. Just my .02
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Rz0TSprFc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 18236

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: this forum is pretty dominated by a handful of users

SuperboyReformed wrote:
i also claim that these users are preventing others from participating.


Yet you stand up to our oppression. We admire you for that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 22379

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

As someone who has moderated some tech and gaming sites, welcome to every forum in the history of ever. Some people post more than others...it's crazy I know!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ForTheHaters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 09 Oct 2015
Posts: 39

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject:

As someone who has read these boards frequently for more than 10 years, I must say I agree with the OP sentiment.

The quality of posts and posters seems to have greatly declined. Maybe it's just the losing, but it does seem that way.

One example, try saying something positive about Byron - anything - and all replies received will be "trolling" as per the definition stated in the "LG: SITE MODERATION POLICY". Moderators are guilty of this, as well.

It feels like there is a strong herd mentality developing among a certain group of posters and I'm surprised it's been allowed to go on.

After reading this thread and a few scattered posts from other longtime readers/posters, I don't think I'm alone.

Know, I truly appreciate the work of the staff/moderators and the quality posts and information provided by some. Thank you for your effort. I understand my expectations are probably too high.

Respectfully submitted,
ForTheHaters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 13566

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject:

ForTheHaters wrote:
As someone who has read these boards frequently for more than 10 years, I must say I agree with the OP sentiment.

The quality of posts and posters seems to have greatly declined. Maybe it's just the losing, but it does seem that way.

One example, try saying something positive about Byron - anything - and all replies received will be "trolling" as per the definition stated in the "LG: SITE MODERATION POLICY". Moderators are guilty of this, as well.

It feels like there is a strong herd mentality developing among a certain group of posters and I'm surprised it's been allowed to go on.

After reading this thread and a few scattered posts from other longtime readers/posters, I don't think I'm alone.

Know, I truly appreciate the work of the staff/moderators and the quality posts and information provided by some. Thank you for your effort. I understand my expectations are probably too high.

Respectfully submitted,
ForTheHaters

Thanks for the feedback.
Kindly report these posts (including posts from mods) so we can take a look.
Or send one of us a PM if you want to chat, vent or just be heard.
Always an open door.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 27595
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
As someone who has moderated some tech and gaming sites, welcome to every forum in the history of ever. Some people post more than others...it's crazy I know!


Yeah that is true, and I don't really agree with the OP, but I do feel like the forum is becoming a lot more passive aggressive as of late.

Maybe it really is the losing seasons, like someone suggested, and it'll all get better once the Lakers do better. Maybe it's just modern society in general that is like this.

But at the end of the day only one thing matters: GO LAKERS
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
encina1
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 28043

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: this forum is pretty dominated by a handful of users

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
i also claim that these users are preventing others from participating.


Yet you stand up to our oppression. We admire you for that.


Now get back in your (bleeping) hole!
_________________
Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying...'I will try again tomorrow.'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB