SUNS -at- LAKERS – 1-3-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject:

Byron is really messing with Randle's development
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: SUNS -at- LAKERS – 1-3-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

LakerSanity wrote:
markjay wrote:
twisted wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Clarkson: “All I know is coach said I’ve been going to the hole like a light skinned dude, so I got to start going like a dark skin. So when I seen the lane open up, that’s all I remember.”

Nice, our coach is racist to boot.

I wonder where DB got that quote. Most of social media, following an ESPN reporter, has Clarkson saying Kobe told him that, not coach.

I heard it straight from Jordan's mouth. I am pretty sure he said "coach," not "kobe."

Strange. it would imply that Scott is actually talking to the players. I find this highly unlikely. Kobe makes more sense.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

Most social media has it because they are basing it on a tweet by mark medina. All it takes is one person mishearing it
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject:

I thought it was coach, too. But it was a little hard to hear. I did have the luxury of rewinding several times, but I could see it being the other way, too.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

Run a play for Nance, Scott. I know you aren't the most imaginative coach, so go look at some of the out of bound plays that the PJax Lakers ran from 2008-2011, usually at the start of the game or half, for Ariza, Odom, Ebanks, Clark, and Brown.

This is the most typical example I could find. Link

This is another, albeit slightly less successful Link

But we used to run that play pretty consistently to start a half or at the beginning of games. And this was from a coach that was often decried for poor play-calling after time outs.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject:

I can't believe how much I wanted Tyson Chandler in the off season. But he looked bad in yesterday's game. Not sure if it's because of the state of the Suns or if he's just lost it, but glad he's not on the team this year.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I can't believe how much I wanted Tyson Chandler in the off season. But he looked bad in yesterday's game. Not sure if it's because of the state of the Suns or if he's just lost it, but glad he's not on the team this year.

He looked like he couldn't have possibly given less of a (bleep).
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
epak wrote:

He looked like he couldn't have possibly given less of a (bleep).

Yea, he rarely jumped to block shots, either he couldn't or he didn't care. Also the look on his face when his perimeter guys kept letting their guys drive the lane--priceless.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject:

at least the warriors will be on the road and on a back-to-back
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB, really fun game to watch sans the start of the 4th. We had about our entire seasons worth of highlights in this one.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

All_Star_Laker wrote:

With injuries to Curry and Ezeli and Barnes and Rush and Barbosa.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:

With injuries to Curry and Ezeli and Barnes and Rush and Barbosa.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zMRrNY0pxfM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Randle is going to serve the LO role perfectly for us in the coming years. More than good enough to start, but the perfect contributor to come off the bench and make things happen. Love Nance's role with the starters as he compliments them so well. I dream of the thought of Durant coming off a Nance screen as the guys he screens for come off so freely.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Byron is really messing with Randle's development
Hmm, keeping him accountable is helping his development
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Run a play for Nance, Scott. I know you aren't the most imaginative coach, so go look at some of the out of bound plays that the PJax Lakers ran from 2008-2011, usually at the start of the game or half, for Ariza, Odom, Ebanks, Clark, and Brown.

But we used to run that play pretty consistently to start a half or at the beginning of games. And this was from a coach that was often decried for poor play-calling after time outs.
That's a pass to Shannon Brown.

Nance is getting double double stats for the past few games. Often the most invaluable players are the ones that don't need a play to get them going
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: SUNS -at- LAKERS – 1-3-16 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Clarkson: “All I know is coach said I’ve been going to the hole like a light skinned dude, so I got to start going like a dark skin. So when I seen the lane open up, that’s all I remember.”

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

That's a pass to Shannon Brown.

Nance is getting double double stats for the past few games. Often the most invaluable players are the ones that don't need a play to get them going

I'm not saying run a play because Nance needs it to jumpstart his game, but because it's an easy play to run, a good open shot at the basket (often a dunk), and can be used to open up the playbook for other players.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
Great to have three in a row. It's been a while.

Some things that keep rounding in my head.

* I love the way our guards are rebounding. Almost all of them. And then Randle. It took him a while to start rebounding like he is now. But it has been a steady improvement. If he continues and starts getting the minutes he deserves (that might depend on him playing better D) we may soon start to see 20 rebound games from him. Both Russell and Clarkson are on track to have double-digit rebounding games soon too. Great!

* I don't like at all the low rebounding games from Hibbert. This one is again one of those. Part of it is of course a "system". He challenges shots and rebounds go to helpers. But some of it is just because he is too slow. For his size he should be getting about double of the rebounds he has.

* Winning cures a lot. Start winning and you have better chemistry, better development. Better attitude. Winning attitude. That's what I have been saying these last years all the time. And that's why I hate tanking. Tanking teaches wrong attitude. You can't build your future on that.

* A win is a win. But our wins are ugly. And none of the praise should go to Scott. We are not winning thanks to Scott. We have won some games in spite of Scott. Look at this quote:
Quote:
“I haven’t run one play for Larry,” Scott said

What kind of a coach are you then? How can it be called coaching if your players have to do film-watching by themselves, if you never set plays for them... Scott should return his salary, for he has not been doing his work.

* These Lakers are in some moments really fun to watch. Mitch has assembled a team which can play a very entertaining basketball.

Great to start a year with a winning streak!

just regarding the rebounding thing...you acknowledge that the rebounds go to helpers in the system, and i totally agreed...then you say hibbert should be getting double rebounds. it doesn't make sense, it doesn't work that way. it's a zero sum game...someone is getting the rebounds, so it doesn't matter who. if the guards are getting a bunch of rebounds instead of the big men, it doesn't bother me. unless the entire team is missing a lot of rebounds, then that's a problem. our ideas of big men getting rebounds is changing because of the whole 3ball thing...longer rebounds go to guards.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
s_habe wrote:
Great to have three in a row. It's been a while.

Some things that keep rounding in my head.

* I love the way our guards are rebounding. Almost all of them. And then Randle. It took him a while to start rebounding like he is now. But it has been a steady improvement. If he continues and starts getting the minutes he deserves (that might depend on him playing better D) we may soon start to see 20 rebound games from him. Both Russell and Clarkson are on track to have double-digit rebounding games soon too. Great!

* I don't like at all the low rebounding games from Hibbert. This one is again one of those. Part of it is of course a "system". He challenges shots and rebounds go to helpers. But some of it is just because he is too slow. For his size he should be getting about double of the rebounds he has.

* Winning cures a lot. Start winning and you have better chemistry, better development. Better attitude. Winning attitude. That's what I have been saying these last years all the time. And that's why I hate tanking. Tanking teaches wrong attitude. You can't build your future on that.

* A win is a win. But our wins are ugly. And none of the praise should go to Scott. We are not winning thanks to Scott. We have won some games in spite of Scott. Look at this quote:
Quote:
“I haven’t run one play for Larry,” Scott said
What kind of a coach are you then? How can it be called coaching if your players have to do film-watching by themselves, if you never set plays for them... Scott should return his salary, for he has not been doing his work.

* These Lakers are in some moments really fun to watch. Mitch has assembled a team which can play a very entertaining basketball.

Great to start a year with a winning streak!
just regarding the rebounding thing...you acknowledge that the rebounds go to helpers in the system, and i totally agreed...then you say hibbert should be getting double rebounds. it doesn't make sense, it doesn't work that way. it's a zero sum game...someone is getting the rebounds, so it doesn't matter who. if the guards are getting a bunch of rebounds instead of the big men, it doesn't bother me. unless the entire team is missing a lot of rebounds, then that's a problem. our ideas of big men getting rebounds is changing because of the whole 3ball thing...longer rebounds go to guards.
How important are offensive rebounds, so says the article at http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14505051/transition-defense-left-offensive-rebounds-cutting-room-floor

With the numerous missed defensive assignments, our opposing guards not having much problem beating the perimeter defense and nobody helping the helper - what else can Hibbert do (especially since his last performance was better than Chandler, who was disgusted with the play of his team
http://lakeshowlife.com/2015/12/26/lakers-how-la-can-help-roy-hibbert-return-to-form/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=NextPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: