If the Oregon militiamen were Muslim or black, they’d be dead by now
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: If the Oregon militiamen were Muslim or black, they’d be dead by now

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/if-the-oregon-militiamen-were-muslim-or-black-theyd-be-dead-by-now/

Muslim holding a gun = Terrorist.
Black holding a gun = Gangster
White holding a gun = Militia
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Oh, for god's sake. I'm a liberal, but this is a bull (bleep) statement.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Do you believe the situation would be exactly as is?
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm a liberal but the regressive left is really letting everyone down including Muslims who are trying to fight back against repressive fascist regimes in the countries they live in.

These liberals are, for lack of a better word, idiots when it comes to the real problems that Islamists are posing to the world. They're all very comfy in their Priuses drinking lattes everyday and have no experience outside of the country.

Sit down and shut up. You've never been outside the comforts of your own community and know nothing about this geopoliticalsocialreligious phenomenon.

To compare right wing whackjobs with the global jihadist problem is just stupid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject:

cinimod wrote:

Do you believe the situation would be exactly as is?

Heavily armed [black, muslim] American citizens with zero history of violence, overtake a federalyl building nobody is using in the middle of nowhere threaten to languish in said building until the end of time until two of their own are freed. Yes, I believe the federal officials would hold off on some kind of bloody skirmish on its own soil considering what's at stake: foliage.

In which ways do you think this would go down differently? Keep in mind, this would be Obama's call, not the local keystone chief.

Last edited by Huey Lewis & The News on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

In which ways do you think this would go down differently?

If the Black Panthers took over that, or any other Federal Property, and refused to leave when ordered to do so? I've a pretty clear picture of how it would go down. Shot's fired...

First a "Militia" (cough) would show up to "Evict" them (Since armed acts of Anarchy are only to be tolerated for certain "Bland" groups & the Black Panthers aren't "Bland" enough to qualify for participation in acts of armed anarchy like this group is). Then the Feds would come in under the guise of mediator and declare that the Militia was technically in the right, and they'd have to proactively evict the Panthers themselves to prevent the "Militia" from doing so.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.

Last edited by Aussiesuede on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

In which ways do you think this would go down differently?

If the Black Panthers took over that, or any other Federal Property, and refused to leave when ordered to do so? I've a pretty clear picture of how it would go down. Shot's fired...

"or any other federal property"

Taking artistic liberties avoids the question.

You think President Obama would authorize a hot operation on the Black Panthers in the middle of the woods where they've threatened to merely sit around?

Last edited by Huey Lewis & The News on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

I don't think they would be dead by now, but surely the media coverage and general perception of the situation would be different. They would be portrayed less as dumb ass, crazy red neck coots who can be laughed off and more like that terrorists they are.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

You think President Obama would authorize a hot operation on the Black Panthers in the middle of the woods where they've threatened to merely sit around?

Circa 2008-2012 Obama? Yep, definitely.

Circa 2013 - Present Obama? Not likely since he no longer has the fantasy of being accepted by his adversaries.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I don't think they would be dead by now, but surely the media coverage and general perception of the situation would be different. They would be portrayed less as dumb ass, crazy red neck coots who can be laughed off and more like that terrorists they are.

Yep.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Seriously? 2009 Obama makes the call for the national guard to come in and blow the black panthers to smithereens for sitting in a remote building?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Seriously? 2009 Obama makes the call for the national guard to come in and blow the black panthers to smithereens for sitting in a remote building?

Nah. He'd have just turned a blind eye whilst BLM Rangers & Oregon State Police cleared the zone, then went on TV with some pointless comment about "a Teachable Moment" after the fact.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: If the Oregon militiamen were Muslim or black, they’d be dead by now

Fallout wrote:
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/if-the-oregon-militiamen-were-muslim-or-black-theyd-be-dead-by-now/

Muslim holding a gun = Terrorist.
Black holding a gun = Gangster
White holding a gun = Militia

Almost 70% of the US is "white". Or did you forget where you live?
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
I'm a liberal but the regressive left is really letting everyone down including Muslims who are trying to fight back against repressive fascist regimes in the countries they live in.

These liberals are, for lack of a better word, idiots when it comes to the real problems that Islamists are posing to the world. They're all very comfy in their Priuses drinking lattes everyday and have no experience outside of the country.

Sit down and shut up. You've never been outside the comforts of your own community and know nothing about this geopoliticalsocialreligious phenomenon.

To compare right wing whackjobs with the global jihadist problem is just stupid.

^^^^^^^^^^^^You need to run for President.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Because all the black protestors were killed during the #blacklivesmatter movement
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Problem with overreacting against militia members is that you know they have plenty of sympathizers. Ruby Ridge and Waco led to the Oklahoma City bombing. I'm sure the Feds don't want a repeat of that and this is why they are treading lightly.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

That's undoubtedly true, but let us not forget that they really are dumb ass, crazy red neck coots who can be laughed off. If the time comes when they really do something violent, everything will change.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

I think a lot of people are confusing this situation as a protest of some sort, its not. It's another attempt to create an armed conflict with the government and become martyrs for a warped cause. In this sense the folks calling them Yall'queda are not too far off base.

Here is how a protest with a cause looks to history:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_Alcatraz

Here is what the Oregon militia want:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

History will repeat itself, sadly. No matter race.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention these idiot's are protesting a jail sentence for two idiot's who set fire to close to 200 acres of a federal wildlife preserve. Not a few acres next to their land as they claim to have been trying to clear brush next to their property... They burned down almost 200 arcres! So its OK now to set forest fires on federal land?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I think if the Militia men were Black or Muslim the government would be a bit more aggressive. It's a delicate dilemma. The Hammond family has distanced themselves from the Bundy's.

LINK

The Hammonds have to go back to jail because a judge said the time they spent in jail didn't satsify the minimum requirements.
Quote:
The ranchers, Dwight Hammond, 73, and son Steven, 46, were convicted three years ago of starting brush fires on federal property that they say were designed to prevent larger wildfires and to halt invasive plant species. They served short prison sentences, but a judge ordered them to return to prison for four years because the time they served did not meet minimum-sentencing laws.

The Hammonds said the will seek clemency from President Obama. I don't think he'll want to get involved any more than he has to.
Quote:
The Hammonds said Monday that they will seek clemency from President Obama. But they also said they would "respect the rule of law" and report to prison. Harney County Sheriff David Ward said the pair turned themselves in early Monday afternoon.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

That's undoubtedly true, but let us not forget that they really are dumb ass, crazy red neck coots who can be laughed off. If the time comes when they really do something violent, everything will change.

They have guns and have occupied a federal building. Whether they use those guns is irrelevant at this point because one must assume they have them in order to use them to accomplish their goal. That makes them no less dangerous and no less of a threat than anyone else holding those same guns, regardless of race or religion.

There is something to be said, however, for the tactic. I don't see a jihadist group taking a federal building as some kind hostage to leverage in negotiating demands. Different agendas at play and tactics at play, obviously. Still, they shouldn't be laughed off or treated or viewed as anything else but terrorists.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

C'mon now, really??? Terrorists? They aren't threatening American citizens or anyone else really. What they want is less federal government overreach. They being armed is just a means. Whether you agree or not about their tactics is a different matter. Lets not go overboard with the labeling.

If you truly believe they are terrorists, then I guess you also believe this country is founded on terrorism. And the Boston Tea Party was an act of terrorism.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

You have to get beyond the supposition that blacks or Muslims would have the same inclination and free time as these patriots (aka: fat, white yokels with NRA licenses, HS education or less, and grievances against Big Brother). You'd have to imagine in your mind a group of black or Muslim people overtaking a federal building in Oregon(!1) in order to have a standoff with the FBI. I guess maybe because stated black/Muslim group was pissed about Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Problem with overreacting against militia members is that you know they have plenty of sympathizers. Ruby Ridge and Waco led to the Oklahoma City bombing. I'm sure the Feds don't want a repeat of that and this is why they are treading lightly.

Tim McVeigh was on scene at Waco and was interviewed as a bystander by a local news station. He chose April 19th as the date of the OKC bombing because that was the day the feds stormed the Koresh compound 2 yrs earlier.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Still, they shouldn't be laughed off or treated or viewed as anything else but terrorists.

You seem to have forgotten the prime requirement for "terrorism." It is supposed to generate "terror." These idiots aren't trying to create terror. They aren't killing people, they aren't taking hostages, they aren't hijacking planes. Until a shot gets fired, this is just the redneck equivalent of college students taking over the campus administration building.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: