If the Oregon militiamen were Muslim or black, they’d be dead by now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

If hands up means reaching into your jacket then yeah.....looked like a good kill to me. Also, wow that lucky agent, looked like the truck missed him by just inches.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
An MSNBC report on the standoff dubbed Finicum “Tarp Man” as he could be seen covered in a blue tarp with a rocking chair during the incident. When asked by NBC News why he chose to sit out in such a visible position, he said that he wanted officers to be able to find him. Finicum said, “I do not want the FBI federal agents to have to go running around in the dark, kicking in doors looking for me, OK? I want them to know exactly where I’m at.” He added, chillingly, “I’m telling them right now — don’t point guns at me.”

So was he the only guy that got out of the vehicle? His bravado got him killed and in the process probably scared the rest of the crew to surrender. These guys were all brave up until the moment they saw their buddy take a slug to the chest. I notice their camp immediately called for the holdouts to give up, but they haven't. I guess they weren't all unified like he thought they were.

I think he was going for the gun to actually kill a Fed with it. In other words, he wasn't just reaching for show or for suicide by Fed. That was gonna be his little shining moment.

Good shooting by the Gub'ment Man. Recently, I mentioned a 1986 shootout resulting in two dead FBI due to poor stopping power of .38 revolvers. They opted for more powerful sidearms after that year. Paid off here.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Their insurrection was a miserable failure....not only did nobody come join them but the Feds managed to monitor them 24/7 and stop them in their tracks. Don't come crying when your purpose is to overthrow the government and they end up having the upper hand.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Their insurrection was a miserable failure....not only did nobody come join them but the Feds managed to monitor them 24/7 and stop them in their tracks. Don't come crying when your purpose is to overthrow the government and they end up having the upper hand.

This is what has me puzzled. Why is no one being charged. If I understand treason this is a classical example.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

This is what has me puzzled. Why is no one being charged. If I understand treason this is a classical example.

Those that were arrested so far are being charged, and the Bundys have been denied bail.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I suspect the bundys will be occupying another federal site soon.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

This is what has me puzzled. Why is no one being charged. If I understand treason this is a classc example.

Those that were arrested so far are being charged, and the Bundys have been denied bail.

They're being charged with domestic terrorism, being transferred to Guantanamo Bay. I was hoping for treason.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

This is what has me puzzled. Why is no one being charged. If I understand treason this is a classc example.

They're being charged with domestic terrorism, being transferred to Guantanamo Bay. I was hoping for treason.

Treason would be an extremely difficult charge to actually get a conviction on.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I suspect the bundys will be occupying another federal site soon.

lmao
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Treason would be an extremely difficult charge to actually get a conviction on.

You're probably right. Gitmo will give them something to think about.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

No, they are not being charged with domestic terrorism, and they are not being transferred to Guantanamo Bay. Come on, Jodeke. Try to be a little less gullible.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No, they are not being charged with domestic terrorism, and they are not being transferred to Guantanamo Bay. Come on, Jodeke. Try to be a little less gullible.

This is where I got that. Is it not true? LINK

What are they being charged with and where are they being held?

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

>"satira" (latin word for satire) right there in the URL
>"is it not true"?

jodeke do you have a will ready to go?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

>"satira" (latin word for satire) right there in the URL
>"is it not true"?

jodeke do you have a will ready to go?

Hell it took awhile. I didn't check the site. What are they being charged with and where are they being held?

After reading your post I went back to the site. Johnny Manziel bought a night club in Dallas, Trump paid Palin 10 million for her endorsement. I got Rick Rolled.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject:

They got charged with impeding a federal officer, or something like that. I'm not exactly sure how you would characterize the crime in legal terms. Trespassing wouldn't be enough. Terrorism would be too much.

They are being held somewhere in Oregon. I saw that bail got denied for now. I expect that they'll get bail when the remaining holdouts give up. All of a sudden, this band of determined patriots is figuring out that this isn't going to end well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Can any of the protesters be held complicit and charged for the death of Finicum? e.g. While robbing a bank someone is killed. Robbers charged.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't think so.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oregon-standoff-ends-david-fry_us_56bcd753e4b0c3c550506be6

Next comes the criminal cases. Cliven Bundy himself has joined the party.

I would give the government a pretty good grade for this one. Only one person died, and the humiliation ("snacks" and dildos) will discourage any of the other nutcases from trying this.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject:

A National Wildlife Refute near where I live (eastern Washington state, so not too far away from Oregon) has closed to the public in response to what happened in Oregon. No word on whether or not some local militia was planning to take it over. I happen to drive by that Wildlife Refuge all the time on my way to the lake where I fish.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Can any of the protesters be held complicit and charged for the death of Finicum? e.g. While robbing a bank someone is killed. Robbers charged.

If you rob a bank and the cops shoot one of the robbers, the other robbers aren't charged with murder.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

If you rob a bank and the cops shoot one of the robbers, the other robbers aren't charged with murder.

I'm talking about if one of the patrons is killed, but see what you mean. Finicum is one of the robbers.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/02/17/us/ap-us-bundy-nevada-indictment.html?_r=0

Guess Cliven Bundy will end up occupying a different type of federal land....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

The government is sending a message. I think it will be heard loud and clear. It's not nice to fool with Uncle Sam.

I believe the reason it took so long was the government wanted to avoid another Waco and Ruby Ridge. Only one was killed related to Bundy.

I was intrigued to find there have been 10 such standoffs. LINK

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/02/17/us/ap-us-bundy-nevada-indictment.html?_r=0

Guess Cliven Bundy will end up occupying a different type of federal land....

You get no credit for plagiarizing my lines...
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject:

NSFW

new video from inside the car when Fincum gets shot

http://video-embed.oregonlive.com/services/player/bcpid1949055967001?bctid=4791943438001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAPLpuSqE~,a1DdoZJH5WQo4iWaJj1w_CktvJfhQVVG

"You're gonna have to shoot me"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: