Official Los Angeles Rams Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Marcus Peters...I guess that's an "Ok" pickup.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Talented but a head case. Even so, not sure what the Chiefs are thinking bc they had secondary problems even with Peters.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Pro Football Focus

@PFF

The Rams added Marcus Peters via trade. He has been the NFL's biggest ballhawk since 2015!
11:47 AM - Feb 23, 2018

Pro Football Focus

@PFF

Since 2015, no defender has allowed a lower passer rating in their coverage than Marcus Peters.
7:16 PM - Feb 21, 2018
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Nice trade. Saves the Rams a lot of money they can use to extend Donald and re-sign some key players like Sullivan and Joyner.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Talented but a head case. Even so, not sure what the Chiefs are thinking bc they had secondary problems even with Peters.

I guess they figured that he's going to want mega-money after the '18 season and felt like this was the time to recoup value. With Mahomes taking over, and with the secondary now taking a clear step back (even with the Fuller addition), it feels like KC might be in the midst of a retooling, if not an outright rebuild.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:

I guess they figured that he's going to want mega-money after the '18 season and felt like this was the time to recoup value. With Mahomes taking over, and with the secondary now taking a clear step back (even with the Fuller addition), it feels like KC might be in the midst of a retooling, if not an outright rebuild.

They looked like they were gonna give Peters the bank but I guess his attitude has rubbed them the wrong way. They added Amerson and Fuller but combined, both don't come close to matching Peters. Then they get Eric Berry back and I'm wondering if they may try to unload his contract.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what draft picks Rams gave up?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
I wonder what draft picks Rams gave up?

Hopefully not their 1st rounder this year or next year. But it's not like you can get a player of Peters' talent without giving up something very useful. With the report that KC was interested in having Robert Quinn be a part of the deal, I wonder if that means that the Rams weren't willing to include him, or if the teams just couldn't agree on the compensation if he were to be included. (In other words, maybe KC ended up preferring whatever picks the Rams ended up giving up, and maybe the Rams actually would've preferred including Quinn. Who knows.)
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/968192854957936640

Full terms on Marcus Peters trade:

Chiefs trade CB Marcus Peters and 2018 sixth-round pick to LA for 2019 second-round pick and 2018 fourth-round pick, per league sources.

Not bad for a number 1 CB.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Quote:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/968192854957936640

Full terms on Marcus Peters trade:

Chiefs trade CB Marcus Peters and 2018 sixth-round pick to LA for 2019 second-round pick and 2018 fourth-round pick, per league sources.

Not bad for a number 1 CB.

The 49ers' fans were not liking this deal before hearing the compensation. A second and a fourth are really good picks, and valuable, but All Pro cornerbacks, priced right, are even more so.
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Sammy Watkins cost a 2nd. This seems like a fair deal. Helps a lot on cap space. Big $ difference between Trumaine Johnson and Peters. Hopefully, this helps get a long term deal done with Donald.

Rams 2018 draft looks like:

Round 1 Rams
Round 2 none, to Buffalo
Round 3 Rams
Round 4 none, to KC
Round 5 Rams
Round 6 Rams, Buffalo, Detroit, KC
Round 7 Baltimore

Glad to see they kept their 1st and 3rd. Also have four 6th rounders.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Definitely a better deal than the Watkins trade. But it'll all come down to how well Peters will be in the locker room and if he can play along without issue. Getting expelled in college and always fighting with coaches is not a good sign. He gets high pick numbers because he gambles a lot and plays a lot of me-first ball. Eventually, the other shoe will drop.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Definitely a better deal than the Watkins trade. But it'll all come down to how well Peters will be in the locker room and if he can play along without issue. Getting expelled in college and always fighting with coaches is not a good sign. He gets high pick numbers because he gambles a lot and plays a lot of me-first ball. Eventually, the other shoe will drop.

He still allows a low passer rating in his coverage, along with making a lot of plays. It's a big upgrade from what Johnson gave them last season. Massive, even.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:

He still allows a low passer rating in his coverage, along with making a lot of plays. It's a big upgrade from what Johnson gave them last season. Massive, even.

Getting those picks definitely lowers the ratings. But like I said, he's not necessarily a stickum kind of corner. He'll make mental mistakes and sooner or later, there may be a regression. I think it's also fair to note he doesn't necessarily stay with the opposing team's #1. He sticks to one side of the field and rumor had it his beef with the coaching staff was that he wanted to keep it this way.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Getting those picks definitely lowers the ratings. But like I said, he's not necessarily a stickum kind of corner. He'll make mental mistakes and sooner or later, there may be a regression. I think it's also fair to note he doesn't necessarily stay with the opposing team's #1. He sticks to one side of the field and rumor had it his beef with the coaching staff was that he wanted to keep it this way.

I don't think he's Patrick Peterson or prime Richard Sherman (let's see what he's like after the Achilles injury), but he should be a legit upgrade from what the Rams had last season. And not that I like Peter King's opinions on football much, but he did note in his Monday Morning QB article on SI yesterday that Peters may not have been the best fit in a conservative city, and that his kneeling for the national anthem apparently really irked the KC owner, Clark Hunt. I don't think he's going to have those issues in LA. While I agree that he has some volatility, to get a cheap CB of his talent for 2 years is really big. I'm pretty sure they will lock up Donald with these savings.

Still gonna be interesting to see if they feel it's worth franchise tagging Sammy Watkins. The excellent Evan Silva of Rotoworld thinks that the Rams will tag Joyner instead. If they do let Watkins go and think that his price is too high, I wonder if McVay could try to turn to a vet like Mike Wallace for the deep speed role in the offense, someone who shouldn't break the bank, yet could do what Watkins did last season. They could go after Marqise Lee and try to re-create the USC offense with he and Robert Woods lol. Maybe take a chance on a bounce-back year from Eric Decker? There aren't a lot of noteworthy free-agent WR's. Maybe there will be some guys that get cut as cap casualties that the team could take a look at.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject:

Rams expected to trade or release Tavon Austin

LINK
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The trade of Robert Quinn between the #Dolphins and #Rams involves a mid-round pick going to LA and late-round picks being swapped, I’m told. It’ll be official in mid March.

Rams trade starting ILB Quinn to Dolphins.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Quote:
The trade of Robert Quinn between the #Dolphins and #Rams involves a mid-round pick going to LA and late-round picks being swapped, I’m told. It’ll be official in mid March.

Rams trade starting ILB Quinn to Dolphins.

From what I'm hearing, it's the Jay Ajayi pick. So essentially, it'd be Ajayi for Quinn. I don't mind at all.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Quinn-to-Dolphins trade details, per source:

Rams get Miami’s 2018 4th and 6th round picks.

Dolphins get Robert Quinn and Los Angeles’s 2018 6th round pick.

@nflnetwork @gmfb @NFLonFOX

Round 1 Rams
Round 2 none, to Buffalo
Round 3 Rams
Round 4 Miami
Round 5 Rams
Round 6 Miami, Buffalo, Detroit, KC
Round 7 Baltimore
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

picks are overrated. Yeah, you miss a chance at two valuable contributors, but the world is littered with second round and fourth round picks that never make an impact. I take the all pro caliber CB for a second/fourth all day.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I wonder who Phillips has in mind that would be a better fit for his defense or was this just about saving money?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I wonder who Phillips has in mind that would be a better fit for his defense or was this just about saving money?

I think it's a combo of saving money (could be earmarked for Donald's extension or who knows what else), the fact that they think they can get a cheap replacement through the draft who might be productive as Donald draws attention, and maybe they had concerns about Quinn's health (he did miss 8 games in '15 and 7 games in '16).
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I think it's a combo of saving money (could be earmarked for Donald's extension or who knows what else), the fact that they think they can get a cheap replacement through the draft who might be productive as Donald draws attention, and maybe they had concerns about Quinn's health (he did miss 8 games in '15 and 7 games in '16).

Sad that Tavon never worked out. He had his moments... but he can't catch and wih Kupp and Pharoh stepping up, he's expendable.

Quinn was a trooper... but he was ALWAYS over rushing and running 5-8 yards past the QB every damn time. I won't miss seeing that 5 times a game.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Rams totally revamping their defense. Now they've traded Ogletree.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-acquire-linebacker-alec-ogletree-rams-article-1.3861481
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Rams totally revamping their defense. Now they've traded Ogletree.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-acquire-linebacker-alec-ogletree-rams-article-1.3861481

Wow, I did NOT see that coming. I was never a big fan of his though, but I really thought the Rams were set on keeping him. I didn't think he was a good fit at MLB. He whiffed on a lot of big plays... I was as frustrated with him as I was at Quinn last year and years prior. Now they're both gone. Wow
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 68 of 72
Jump to: