Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Rams totally revamping their defense. Now they've traded Ogletree.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-acquire-linebacker-alec-ogletree-rams-article-1.3861481

Wow, I did NOT see that coming. I was never a big fan of his though, but I really thought the Rams were set on keeping him. I didn't think he was a good fit at MLB. He whiffed on a lot of big plays... I was as frustrated with him as I was at Quinn last year and years prior. Now they're both gone. Wow

Neither was I. Never really was impressed how Ogletree covered his gap or his tackling ability. It just seemed like a lot of times when a RB could break through the first level of our defense he was going for 6+ until our DBs could gang tackle him.

I'm really surprised by this because the Rams just signed him to an extension last year but I'm also excited about their plans to upgrade our linebacker corps. I thought we were pretty much set on Ogletree/Barron/Quinn.

I wonder if that that awful front flip into the endzone after the pick 6 had anything to do with the Rams' change of heart. He claimed that wasn't the reason he injured his elbow but he left the game shortly after.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

I would not second-guess what the front office is doing. They have done a great job so far.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-acquire-linebacker-alec-ogletree-rams-article-1.3861481

Wow, I did NOT see that coming. I was never a big fan of his though, but I really thought the Rams were set on keeping him. I didn't think he was a good fit at MLB. He whiffed on a lot of big plays... I was as frustrated with him as I was at Quinn last year and years prior. Now they're both gone. Wow

Neither was I. Never really was impressed how Ogletree covered his gap or his tackling ability. It just seemed like a lot of times when a RB could break through the first level of our defense he was going for 6+ until our DBs could gang tackle him.

I'm really surprised by this because the Rams just signed him to an extension last year but I'm also excited about their plans to upgrade our linebacker corps. I thought we were pretty much set on Ogletree/Barron/Quinn.

I wonder if that that awful front flip into the endzone after the pick 6 had anything to do with the Rams' change of heart. He claimed that wasn't the reason he injured his elbow but he left the game shortly after.

Lol. That and also the huge missed tackle in the playoffs that extended Atlanta's drive and ended in a score. Dude was always missing tackles or assignments. Deuces.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Lol. That and also the huge missed tackle in the playoffs that extended Atlanta's drive and ended in a score. Dude was always missing tackles or assignments. Deuces.

Young guy so still room for him to grow. But man, you'd think you could get more for a decent starting LB. Essentially a fourth round pick as the distance between the Rams 7th and Giants 6th isn't that much.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

With his cap number, it's more about that than the 4th IMO. They are deeming him as a non-essential piece. Let's see what they do with the savings. They'll still have plenty of cap space even after a possible Donald extension.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

He at least had decent size to play in the 3-4. Mark Barron is a lightweight and I thought he would've been first to go.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

He at least had decent size to play in the 3-4. Mark Barron is a lightweight and I thought he would've been first to go.

He might not be back, either.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Rams sign another corner.

http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Sign-Cornerback-Sam-Shields-/9e8c6910-ffd5-4986-9a49-d436048be1dd
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Shields was talented once. But too many concussions. He's a ticking time bomb. Nice to have if healthy but shouldn't put much trust in him outside of being a #4/5 CB.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

@Alden_Gonzalez

Quote:
I can confirm, as others have reported, that the Rams have acquired CB Aqib Talib from the Broncos for a 2018 fifth-round pick.

LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Twitter › AdamSchefter
Rams are now officially moving on from their twice-franchised CB Trumaine Johnson. But it makes financial sense: Trumaine Johnson made $16.7 million last season. Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters will make a combined $12.7 million this year.

Salary wise awesome move even if a slight wash talent wise.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
@Alden_Gonzalez

Quote:
I can confirm, as others have reported, that the Rams have acquired CB Aqib Talib from the Broncos for a 2018 fifth-round pick.

Talib did well in Wade's system. Should be fine financially. Just need to work on the bread and butter of that 3-4...the linebackers. They don't have anyone now outside of an undersized converted safety.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Rams get Talib! Wow, they aren't messing around. I would suspect they will look to replenish linebacker in the draft. And Shields is a nice no-risk flier. When healthy, he's been good. It's just scary that he's had so many concussions. But the Rams will only use him as a sub-package player, I'm sure. If he can stay on the field, they will have a lot of talent in that secondary.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“I think what is overlooked is his football IQ,” Palmer says. “People look at the off-the-field mistakes or the chain-snatching and jump to a certain conclusion. But all he does is study film, and other corners. During [2016] training camp he told me A.J. Bouye was going to have a breakout season with the Texans. No one had heard of Bouye. Bouye balled, and was the top free agent corner after the season.”

Talib also told Palmer two years ago he could tell Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters wasn’t watching film properly, and he believed Peters had the potential to be the best corner in football with the right guidance. Broncos cornerback Bradley Roby got a heavy dose of that guidance during their four years together in Denver—ironically, it’s Roby’s emergence as a quality NFL starter that lessens the blow of Talib’s departure. Now, since the Rams traded for Peters (who has his own off-field baggage), Talib can tutor Peters full time. It’s a match made in football heaven, probably.

I'm confident the Rams will address their linebacker needs either through free-agency and the draft.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

It looks like Sammy Watkins went for the money and will sign with the Chiefs. It's too bad it didn't really work out here but he and Goff just never seemed to find that chemistry on the field.

Now we've got cap space to go after a good linebacker.

Is Josh Reynolds ready to step up and take his place?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
5m
5 minutes ago

More
#Rams nickel CB Nickell Robey-Coleman has agreed to terms on a 3-year deal worth more than $15.75M, sources say, with $8M guaranteed. More firepower for a revamped LA secondary.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

Rams retain Tavon Austin on restructured contract after losing Watkins in free-agency

I just hope with extension with Aaron Donald is resolved soon so we can address our other needs.
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Rams resign C John Sullivan to 2 year contract worth $15M.

Goff's got his OL intact.

.... still wonder what they are going to do at ILB and OLB. Are they going to sign any FA linebackers?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Rams resign C John Sullivan to 2 year contract worth $15M.

Goff's got his OL intact.

.... still wonder what they are going to do at ILB and OLB. Are they going to sign any FA linebackers?

That's going to be the key for this offense. When the OL blocked at an elite level, the offense gelled. When it didn't, Goff and Gurley were not nearly as effective. If I were the Rams, I'd start thinking ahead about drafting a successor to Whitworth very soon. That in addition to LB.

Speaking of, I'm surprised they've been standing pat with their LB situation. Only starter left is an way too slim converted safety. Hardly the guy you want in a 3-4.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Rams retain Tavon Austin on restructured contract after losing Watkins in free-agency

I just hope with extension with Aaron Donald is resolved soon so we can address our other needs.

The Tavon thing pissed me off - All those fumbles and running BACKWARDS...But then there's this:

Alden Gonzalez...

For the Rams, keeping Tavon Austin will be almost the same as cutting him, at least for this year. The $5M he was guaranteed stays. The $3M remaining, which the Rams would've saved by cutting him, is now reachable with incentives.

So, it just makes sense to keep him around - same cost no matter what we did with him. Maybe the incentives will motivate him.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

Our OL remains intact. Rams re-sign John Sullivan for two years.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

@Alden_Gonzalez
Can confirm: Ndamukong Suh will be visiting with the Rams this week. If he signs, he would join a defensive line that includes Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers. Jordan Schultz of Yahoo! was first.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
@Alden_Gonzalez
Can confirm: Ndamukong Suh will be visiting with the Rams this week. If he signs, he would join a defensive line that includes Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers. Jordan Schultz of Yahoo! was first.

Make this happen, 32. Donald and Suh?

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:
@Alden_Gonzalez

Can they even afford it? I'm sure Suh is looking for another big payday.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:
@Alden_Gonzalez

Can they even afford it? I'm sure Suh is looking for another big payday.

Maybe someone restructures a deal to create more space, maybe Donald puts off his payday another year, maybe Suh isn't finding as great of a market as he would have hoped, and maybe he could be had on a good 1-year deal. You never know!

The pass rush and pass D would be insane. They'd be short at LB, but that's the place on.D to be short imo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 69 of 72
Jump to: