View previous topic :: View next topic  
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
K28 wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Well i've kept up with the NFL for about 10 years now, mainly because of fantasy football.

I have always been disgusted by "LA" fans who cheer for the 9rs, cowboys, patroits, etc. especially the ones who claim to be laker/dodger fans... Maybe i'm a bit cynical, but i never understood it.

Either way, now that LA finally has a team, i'm officially a Rams fan, going to do my offseason due diligence and learn as much as i can about them.

Clippers play in LA...are you a fan of them just because of that? It's a free country, you can root for any team you like. I do respect consistency though. So if you pick a team to follow...stick with them.

I already have an NFL team that I've passionately rooted for for over 26 years...I'm not ditching them because the Lambs came back to LA.

That's fine.

I too like consistency...

I mean as a die hard dodger fan, you know which baseball team i hate the most? The Giants, they are from San Fran.. Most giants fans also happen to cheer for the 49ers..

This is why i dont understand how any self respecting dodger fan can cheer for the 49ers.

People are free to cheer for who they want, more power to them; i was just expressing why I (personally) can't understand why they would cheer for a rival city's team. I'll accept it, but it doesn't mean i agree with it.

Well, I'm pretty indifferent to baseball. Lots of 49er fans root for the Lakers...although a bunch have switched the Golden State bandwagon recently.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Rams definitely need to find a QB. That has to be the #1 priority. Of course, it's unfortunate that Jeff Fisher is the coach, because he seems perfectly content to run the ball and minimize the QB position. You can't do that in today's NFL. (Fisher has only made the playoffs in 6 of his 20 full seasons as an NFL head coach and is the very definition of mediocrity). I could definitely see them having interest in RGIII, but I would consider taking a QB early in the draft.

Their offensive line has some talent but has been spotty at best. They need to get some improvement from Greg Robinson, their left tackle and former #2 pick; he's still only 23 years old but has a lot of potential.

They clearly need a go-to pass-catcher, a #1 option. They don't have that right now. Tavon Austin is a nice player to have on your team, a good gadget player, but he is no go-to weapon to move the chains, like when you need a big 3rd down conversion. There isn't much available at WR in free agency (Alshon Jeffery is a FA but it's hard to imagine the Bears not franchise tagging him at the very least), though. I think an interesting player out there at tight end will be Ladarius Green. If Gates comes back, and I think he will, would the Chargers really be willing to shell out big money for a guy that wouldn't even start for them? He could be the type of gamble that could pay off for a team.

The Rams also play in a very difficult division, with Arizona and Seattle being contenders. But just as the 49ers fell off quickly, Arizona could do the same if Palmer starts to fade, I suppose.

Teflon Jeff Fisher. Somehow his teams suck every year, and he gets to keep his job. In the NFL, his resilience is completely astounding.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
K28 wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Well i've kept up with the NFL for about 10 years now, mainly because of fantasy football.

I have always been disgusted by "LA" fans who cheer for the 9rs, cowboys, patroits, etc. especially the ones who claim to be laker/dodger fans... Maybe i'm a bit cynical, but i never understood it.

Either way, now that LA finally has a team, i'm officially a Rams fan, going to do my offseason due diligence and learn as much as i can about them.

Clippers play in LA...are you a fan of them just because of that? It's a free country, you can root for any team you like. I do respect consistency though. So if you pick a team to follow...stick with them.

I already have an NFL team that I've passionately rooted for for over 26 years...I'm not ditching them because the Lambs came back to LA.

just out of curiosity who's your team?

49ers. One mutual benefit of this move is the reduced travel...for the teams and the fans.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

MojoRisin wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

The Rams also play in a very difficult division, with Arizona and Seattle being contenders. But just as the 49ers fell off quickly, Arizona could do the same if Palmer starts to fade, I suppose.

The Division is not our problem were we went 4-2.

That's a fair point but I think that it's deceiving this season. They happened to go 2-0 against Seattle, catching them at the right time both in Week 1 (Super Bowl hangover early in the season) and then again late in the season, when they were on a roll and were due to finally have a down week. I'll give you that they have matched up well with Seattle in recent years, though. Still, with everything on the line, I have a hard time thinking that Seattle would lose to the Rams if it were a true meaningful game for them.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject:

I'm happy LA has a team now but still not going to list the Rams as my fave. They missed out when I was getting into football and the door is closed. But I'm looking forward to seeing a team with 2 people I knew from college and getting a chance to go to a game.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I'd love to pry Osweiler away from Denver...I know it's a little "pie in the sky," especially with Peyton's age, but it would be nice if we could outbid them, and steal him. I wouldn't mind Kirk Cousins either.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I'd love to pry Osweiler away from Denver...I know it's a little "pie in the sky," especially with Peyton's age, but it would be nice if we could outbid them, and steal him. I wouldn't mind Kirk Cousins either.

Osweiler would be a great addition with potential and he'd fill our hole at qb
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject:

There's no way Cousins is getting away from the Redskins.

There's just very little chance of getting anyone that is a sure thing. The Rams will have to draft a QB, or take a chance and pick up RGIII or something like that and hope he can revive his career.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

He'll definitely have a couple of teams pursuing him in the off-season. Broncos should realize that this is probably Peyton's last season just by looking at his performances this past year.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

He'll definitely have a couple of teams pursuing him in the off-season. Broncos should realize that this is probably Peyton's last season just by looking at his performances this past year.

It's also possible GM's have learned from the AJ Feeley/Matt Flynn fiascos and may have a wary eye on Osweiler. I'm still not convinced on him just looking at the game tape.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure this is Peyton's last run. The Broncos aren't going to find anything better on the open market and I would expect Osweiler to be their starter next season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Wow, the Rams have moved up to the third-most valuable NFL franchise, according to Forbes. They had been 28th in the last rankings. They literally doubled their value with the move.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25456390/the-rams-are-now-the-third-most-valuable-franchise-in-the-nfl
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Wow, the Rams have moved up to the third-most valuable NFL franchise, according to Forbes. They had been 28th in the last rankings. They literally doubled their value with the move.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25456390/the-rams-are-now-the-third-most-valuable-franchise-in-the-nfl

Makes sense really. Given the huge interest that has been generated by their return to LA and the fact that they seem to have a really solid plan for a state of the art stadium in what is truly a major sports market, they were bound to increase significantly. We will have to see how that actually pans out when everything is in place, but I don't think it will prove to be an inaccurate valuation.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Makes sense really. Given the huge interest that has been generated by their return to LA and the fact that they seem to have a really solid plan for a state of the art stadium in what is truly a major sports market, they were bound to increase significantly. We will have to see how that actually pans out when everything is in place, but I don't think it will prove to be an inaccurate valuation.

It's also why Spanos is going to take the deal to move to LA. Just a simple case of following the money.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

It's also why Spanos is going to take the deal to move to LA. Just a simple case of following the money.

Its also why Mark Davis was immensely disappointed when he found out he his team would be 3rd in line for the move, in essence his team was shut up of the market unless the Chargers decided to stay in San Diego.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Lots of non-brainers involved here. I'm really glad it turned out this way. The other plans made no sense for various reasons. This one did, and put a true LA team right back in LA - if it brings another team that actually originated here, all the better.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject:

45,000 season tickets sold in two days. I just hope these aren't corporations buying up all the good seats.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
45,000 season tickets sold in two days. I just hope these aren't corporations buying up all the good seats.

No tickets were sold, these are just deposits.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

No tickets were sold, these are just deposits.

Refundable deposits at that. It will be interesting to see how many people drop out when they find out how expensive the Seat Licensing fee is.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad we have a team here at home. But I've always been a Chargers and Niners fan. The first season I started watching the NFL was the Rams last here in L.A. I'd like to root for them now, but I'd also feel weird about having 3 NFL teams that I root for.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Same reason the Clippers sold for 2 billion
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Super Bowl XIV, when the Rams made the Super Bowl and played in front of their home crowd at the Rose Bowl, which set the largest attendance record for a Super Bowl which still stands today....
Game:

Highlights:
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject:

It's still early but most of the mock drafts I've been reading have the Rams taking a QB at #15. Jared Goff seems to be a unanimous choice for the Browns at #2 but which of the other QB prospects would you want the Rams to take?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
It's still early but most of the mock drafts I've been reading have the Rams taking a QB at #15. Jared Goff seems to be a unanimous choice for the Browns at #2 but which of the other QB prospects would you want the Rams to take?

For me, personally, I hate it when teams just take a QB because he's the best one left, especially in the first round. We have seen this happen constantly. Like when the Vikings reach for Christian Ponder, the Titans reach for Jake Locker, the Browns take Manziel, and so on. You ultimately have to make an evaluation and trust your instinct on the guy. It looks like the top 3 this year are Goff, Lynch, and Wentz. But if you don't think the best QB that you have on your board (when you pick at 15) is that much better than the next tier of guys, I would absolutely NOT take a QB at 15. Just make a solid pick and take a QB later if you have to. I hate it when teams just reach for a QB. I think this is a very weak crop of QB's this season.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

It really depends on who the Rams end up hiring as the OC. And even then, Fisher is about as old school as our boy Byron Scott. So it's not like the guys are gonna be running and gunning and scoring 30+ points every game.

Fisher has a disgusting penchant for keeping games close. It's like he WANTS to lose sometimes. But, I say they give Mannion a shot. They drafted him last year and he looked pretty good in preseason. I wanted them to draft Hundley out of UCLA but that didn't happen.

Not sure what they will do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 3 of 72
Jump to: