Official Los Angeles Rams Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9224
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait to see this team play...!

Rams are serious contenders now...

Do they need another go-to Receiver after losing Watkins??
_________________
Lakers Rebirth: 2018-19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14069
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

It's on like Ndamukong!

Regarding a pursuit of Beckham, I really do get the sense that the Giants would move him if they got what they considered to be a big offer. Even with a report today that seemed to throw cold water on the idea that they would trade him, the reporter used phrases like "they aren't actively shopping him" and "a trade probably won't happen." Well, that doesn't mean that they aren't listening to offers, and it also means that a trade COULD happen. If they didn't want to move the dude, they would come right out and say that they weren't moving him, period.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 242

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Suh-ack time!!!!


Damn, Rams gonna have the most loaded D in the league and Odell would give em the nastiest O. Could envision 14-2 and matchup against Bellicheat and Tommy Boy in the next SB!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14069
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject:

Adam Schefter is on Golic & Wingo right now and he is flat-out saying that when John Mara speaks like he has, it's serious. He basically said what I said, which is that they are listening to offers, but he went a step further: he said that there's a good chance he's traded between now and the draft. He's also saying that it's not like there will be a bunch of teams involved in this if he's moved, because most teams have made their moves at WR. He specifically said that it's not like the Giants could just auction him off to a bunch of high bidders. He also said that he thinks that a possible trade would likely involve one 1st round pick plus something else, but not another 1st rounder.

Get your popcorn ready, folks.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 15876

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

We did enough. Just forget about Beckham. We should be concentrating on our ILB position and maybe our EDGE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 30378

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

I just don't see us signing OBJ when they haven't even given Aaron Donald a multi-year extension yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 3246

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

Great offseason for the Rams, but I hope they pass on OBJ. I don't see how they could pay OBJ while eventually paying AD, Gurly, and Goff.

Use your picks to beef up ILB, OLB, and OL. are they seriously expecting Witlock and Sullivan to stay healthy an entire year again? Also, need to upgrade linebacker corp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14069
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Great offseason for the Rams, but I hope they pass on OBJ. I don't see how they could pay OBJ while eventually paying AD, Gurly, and Goff.

Use your picks to beef up ILB, OLB, and OL. are they seriously expecting Witlock and Sullivan to stay healthy an entire year again? Also, need to upgrade linebacker corp.


Here's how I think it would work, if they did trade for (and then give a big extension to) Beckham:

--Donald is probably OK with putting off his big payday for one more year if it meant putting together a mega-team for this season. I think it's almost certain that they broached the idea of signing Suh with him, for example. Dude is going to get paid, and going into last season, the Rams weren't winners. It's clear that they are going to win now, and I think that has changed the equation.

--Next year, Suh won't be here, and it's very likely that Talib won't be here, either. They will still have enough money to give Donald his big deal then.

--As for paying Gurley in 2 years and Goff in 3 years, you deal with that when it comes. (They will also have a decision to make on Marcus Peters by then.)

The bottom line for me is that if you have a chance to add Odell Beckham to this team right now, and the only premium cost is the #23 overall pick in the draft, you do that without thinking about it. Beckham/Woods/Kupp as your top 3 wideouts, with Gurley also catching a ton of passes and being your RB? A great offensive line? That defensive line? That secondary? The special teams? I mean, on paper, the only weakness would be linebacker/edge rusher, but they can address that between the rest of their draft picks and when veterans inevitably get cut.

This is LA. The Rams would have massive, massive star power if they swung a move for Beckham, and as they try to regain their footing in this region and as they compete with the Chargers in this market, I think the impact of getting him would be enormous. They could relegate the Chargers to Clippers-like status here, as the clear second option amongst the fans, and that's even though the Chargers have a pretty good roster themselves. But they wouldn't have close to the same star power. And oh by the way, the Rams would also be getting an absolutely great player. I realize the off-the-field headaches. When Antonio Brown was up for an extension in Pittsburgh, you heard a lot of the same crap, as far as wondering if he was worth the trouble or not. Beckham on this team would make the offense AND defense AND special teams potential juggernauts.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Not player news, but I'm happy for my friend Napoleon for becoming one of the first two male NFL cheerleaders ever as a member of the Rams cheer team!
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9647

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

it seems 99% of the time when a NFL team loads up their roster with some big FAs they completely whiff on expectations.
The only team off the top of my head that I remember meeting their offseason FA signing hype and winning a Super Bowl was the 94 49ers. They signed a number of key players lead by Deion Sanders on a 1 year rental.
I think its rare because there is a very underrated amount of on-field chemistry needed for success. We see it all the time the NBA when the collection of talent on a team simply doesnt click and they fail but so many people think on a football field you can just plug in better players on a team and they just instantly start rolling.
_________________
anti-tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14069
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
it seems 99% of the time when a NFL team loads up their roster with some big FAs they completely whiff on expectations.
The only team off the top of my head that I remember meeting their offseason FA signing hype and winning a Super Bowl was the 94 49ers. They signed a number of key players lead by Deion Sanders on a 1 year rental.
I think its rare because there is a very underrated amount of on-field chemistry needed for success. We see it all the time the NBA when the collection of talent on a team simply doesnt click and they fail but so many people think on a football field you can just plug in better players on a team and they just instantly start rolling.


In this case, I think the key would be that Suh and Talib don't have massive guaranteed money that could screw the cap for years to come. They aren't committed to those players beyond this season.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14069
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Well it's not Odell, but wow...

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following
Following @AdamSchefter

More
Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57236

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

@DailyNewsVinny

Quote:
FYI on Brandin Cooks and #Rams: He's from California. His agent is Jared Goff's agent. Sense is the #Rams have a good shot at re-signing him long term.

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57236

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm.

Quote:
@PSchrags
Patriots might not be done, either. They’ve now got some real chips if they want to make a splash come Draft Night or before. And of course, the Rams are far from done.

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Well it's not Odell, but wow...

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following
Following @AdamSchefter

More
Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.


I think the Rams would've been better off keeping the pick or trying to negotiate for a lower round pick. Cooks is a big name but there's a reason the Cheatriots (and the Saints before them) are sending him off. He was a poor route-runner in NE and if you can't put up career numbers with Brady, then something's wrong. He'll be best fit in the Sammy Watkins outside decoy role but I don't think that's worth a 1st round pick. Question is, will Cooks accept the role without complaint like Watkins did? His locker room history says no.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 57236

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

@Alden_Gonzalez

Quote:
The Rams got Sammy Watkins, but faster. They got Odell Beckham Jr, but without the baggage. It cost a heavy price. ...

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14069
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well it's not Odell, but wow...

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following
Following @AdamSchefter

More
Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.


I think the Rams would've been better off keeping the pick or trying to negotiate for a lower round pick. Cooks is a big name but there's a reason the Cheatriots (and the Saints before them) are sending him off. He was a poor route-runner in NE and if you can't put up career numbers with Brady, then something's wrong. He'll be best fit in the Sammy Watkins outside decoy role but I don't think that's worth a 1st round pick. Question is, will Cooks accept the role without complaint like Watkins did? His locker room history says no.


He's one of only two WR's with over 1000 yards and 7 TD's in each of the past 3 seasons. Antonio Brown is the other. He did have many low-production games in New England this past season, with a few blowup games, but he's a MUCH better version of Sammy Watkins. It's an important role in an offense. His presence will really help, even if he doesn't quite reach 1000 yards and 7 TD's again.

Schefter thinks the Rams will probably extend him.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well it's not Odell, but wow...

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following
Following @AdamSchefter

More
Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.


I think the Rams would've been better off keeping the pick or trying to negotiate for a lower round pick. Cooks is a big name but there's a reason the Cheatriots (and the Saints before them) are sending him off. He was a poor route-runner in NE and if you can't put up career numbers with Brady, then something's wrong. He'll be best fit in the Sammy Watkins outside decoy role but I don't think that's worth a 1st round pick. Question is, will Cooks accept the role without complaint like Watkins did? His locker room history says no.


He's one of only two WR's with over 1000 yards and 7 TD's in each of the past 3 seasons. Antonio Brown is the other. He did have many low-production games in New England this past season, with a few blowup games, but he's a MUCH better version of Sammy Watkins. It's an important role in an offense. His presence will really help, even if he doesn't quite reach 1000 yards and 7 TD's again.

Schefter thinks the Rams will probably extend him.


Yes. He has some stats. Of course, having had Drew Brees and Tom Brady, it'd be pretty hard not to. Which is why I don't buy into the brand name. Talented yes. Worth a decent 1st rounder that could get a needed LB in a solid LB year? No. He is also a locker room cancer. He pushed himself out of New Orleans because of complaints about lack of targets. What's he going to do when he's stuck in Watkins' decoy role?
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14069
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well it's not Odell, but wow...

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following
Following @AdamSchefter

More
Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.


I think the Rams would've been better off keeping the pick or trying to negotiate for a lower round pick. Cooks is a big name but there's a reason the Cheatriots (and the Saints before them) are sending him off. He was a poor route-runner in NE and if you can't put up career numbers with Brady, then something's wrong. He'll be best fit in the Sammy Watkins outside decoy role but I don't think that's worth a 1st round pick. Question is, will Cooks accept the role without complaint like Watkins did? His locker room history says no.


He's one of only two WR's with over 1000 yards and 7 TD's in each of the past 3 seasons. Antonio Brown is the other. He did have many low-production games in New England this past season, with a few blowup games, but he's a MUCH better version of Sammy Watkins. It's an important role in an offense. His presence will really help, even if he doesn't quite reach 1000 yards and 7 TD's again.

Schefter thinks the Rams will probably extend him.


Yes. He has some stats. Of course, having had Drew Brees and Tom Brady, it'd be pretty hard not to. Which is why I don't buy into the brand name. Talented yes. Worth a decent 1st rounder that could get a needed LB in a solid LB year? No. He is also a locker room cancer. He pushed himself out of New Orleans because of complaints about lack of targets. What's he going to do when he's stuck in Watkins' decoy role?


I think it's deeply important to McVay's offense to have a WR that's capable of taking the top off the defense. You saw it with a healthy D-Jax in Washington, and you saw it to some extent with Watkins last season. All I'm saying is that Cooks is a clear upgrade to Watkins, both from an ability standpoint (he's much faster) and from an availability standpoint. He's also a Southern California native, and I'm guessing he's quite happy to be here. If they extend him and get several years of good production out of him, it's more than worth what they gave up for him. If they only have him for this year, it's obviously a massive overpay.

I think he'll garner far more receptions than Watkins did, while he probably won't score the 8 TD's that Sammy did. Woods, Kupp, and Gurley will probably all get more red zone opportunities.

Another thing is that the cost to extend him is going to be far less than what Beckham would've cost, and apparently the Giants want more than what the Rams gave up here.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 15876

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't like the deal - we overpaid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well it's not Odell, but wow...

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following
Following @AdamSchefter

More
Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.


I think the Rams would've been better off keeping the pick or trying to negotiate for a lower round pick. Cooks is a big name but there's a reason the Cheatriots (and the Saints before them) are sending him off. He was a poor route-runner in NE and if you can't put up career numbers with Brady, then something's wrong. He'll be best fit in the Sammy Watkins outside decoy role but I don't think that's worth a 1st round pick. Question is, will Cooks accept the role without complaint like Watkins did? His locker room history says no.


He's one of only two WR's with over 1000 yards and 7 TD's in each of the past 3 seasons. Antonio Brown is the other. He did have many low-production games in New England this past season, with a few blowup games, but he's a MUCH better version of Sammy Watkins. It's an important role in an offense. His presence will really help, even if he doesn't quite reach 1000 yards and 7 TD's again.

Schefter thinks the Rams will probably extend him.


Yes. He has some stats. Of course, having had Drew Brees and Tom Brady, it'd be pretty hard not to. Which is why I don't buy into the brand name. Talented yes. Worth a decent 1st rounder that could get a needed LB in a solid LB year? No. He is also a locker room cancer. He pushed himself out of New Orleans because of complaints about lack of targets. What's he going to do when he's stuck in Watkins' decoy role?


I think it's deeply important to McVay's offense to have a WR that's capable of taking the top off the defense. You saw it with a healthy D-Jax in Washington, and you saw it to some extent with Watkins last season. All I'm saying is that Cooks is a clear upgrade to Watkins, both from an ability standpoint (he's much faster) and from an availability standpoint. He's also a Southern California native, and I'm guessing he's quite happy to be here. If they extend him and get several years of good production out of him, it's more than worth what they gave up for him. If they only have him for this year, it's obviously a massive overpay.

I think he'll garner far more receptions than Watkins did, while he probably won't score the 8 TD's that Sammy did. Woods, Kupp, and Gurley will probably all get more red zone opportunities.

Another thing is that the cost to extend him is going to be far less than what Beckham would've cost, and apparently the Giants want more than what the Rams gave up here.


I'm not doubting on the field, he's been more productive than Watkins. But this is a locker room cancer who hasn't been able to gel with Tom Brady save for sporadic bursts here and there. This is a guy who has publicly complained about touches. He is now in a system that limits his touches because he has a niche role. That's like bringing a lit match into a dynamite factory. A WR starved team like NE was willing to send him away (albeit for a beneficial deal of a 1st rounder). He may be happy now but if his stat line is just a minor bump over Watkins (less than 70 recs, less than 1000 yards), he'll want out and he'll do so publicly like he did in NO. There are much, much better options for burner WR's that don't have me-first attitudes and cost 1st round picks. He's not a Southern California native, unless you consider Stockton to be Southern California.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 3246

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: K

2018 2nd was traded for Watkins. Now Snead trades 2018 1st for Cooks. He traded top two picks for 1 yr rentals. Bad trade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14069
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Well it's not Odell, but wow...

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following
Following @AdamSchefter

More
Patriots are trading WR Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to LA Rams for the 23rd overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft and a sixth-round pick, league sources told ESPN.


I think the Rams would've been better off keeping the pick or trying to negotiate for a lower round pick. Cooks is a big name but there's a reason the Cheatriots (and the Saints before them) are sending him off. He was a poor route-runner in NE and if you can't put up career numbers with Brady, then something's wrong. He'll be best fit in the Sammy Watkins outside decoy role but I don't think that's worth a 1st round pick. Question is, will Cooks accept the role without complaint like Watkins did? His locker room history says no.


He's one of only two WR's with over 1000 yards and 7 TD's in each of the past 3 seasons. Antonio Brown is the other. He did have many low-production games in New England this past season, with a few blowup games, but he's a MUCH better version of Sammy Watkins. It's an important role in an offense. His presence will really help, even if he doesn't quite reach 1000 yards and 7 TD's again.

Schefter thinks the Rams will probably extend him.


Yes. He has some stats. Of course, having had Drew Brees and Tom Brady, it'd be pretty hard not to. Which is why I don't buy into the brand name. Talented yes. Worth a decent 1st rounder that could get a needed LB in a solid LB year? No. He is also a locker room cancer. He pushed himself out of New Orleans because of complaints about lack of targets. What's he going to do when he's stuck in Watkins' decoy role?


I think it's deeply important to McVay's offense to have a WR that's capable of taking the top off the defense. You saw it with a healthy D-Jax in Washington, and you saw it to some extent with Watkins last season. All I'm saying is that Cooks is a clear upgrade to Watkins, both from an ability standpoint (he's much faster) and from an availability standpoint. He's also a Southern California native, and I'm guessing he's quite happy to be here. If they extend him and get several years of good production out of him, it's more than worth what they gave up for him. If they only have him for this year, it's obviously a massive overpay.

I think he'll garner far more receptions than Watkins did, while he probably won't score the 8 TD's that Sammy did. Woods, Kupp, and Gurley will probably all get more red zone opportunities.

Another thing is that the cost to extend him is going to be far less than what Beckham would've cost, and apparently the Giants want more than what the Rams gave up here.


I'm not doubting on the field, he's been more productive than Watkins. But this is a locker room cancer who hasn't been able to gel with Tom Brady save for sporadic bursts here and there. This is a guy who has publicly complained about touches. He is now in a system that limits his touches because he has a niche role. That's like bringing a lit match into a dynamite factory. A WR starved team like NE was willing to send him away (albeit for a beneficial deal of a 1st rounder). He may be happy now but if his stat line is just a minor bump over Watkins (less than 70 recs, less than 1000 yards), he'll want out and he'll do so publicly like he did in NO. There are much, much better options for burner WR's that don't have me-first attitudes and cost 1st round picks. He's not a Southern California native, unless you consider Stockton to be Southern California.


Oops...central California? LOL.
_________________
It's time to quiet the naysayers and Laker haters...let's go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 366

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

I see a lot of positives to cook. But as has been mentioned already, that was a heavy price the Rams paid for what could be a rental. Never a fan of that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15176
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Rams released Kayvon Webster. One CB too many I guess and I don't know how much PT he would have seen recovering from that Achilles injury.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 71 of 72
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB