Official Los Angeles Rams Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I'm searching for a NFL team to root for.
The game is growing on popularity here in Brazil, I've watched the last 2 or 3 SuperBowls and liked it a lot.

Are the Rams the team that good LA people (Lakers and Dodgers fans) root for?

Yes absolutley. They have a rich history in LA. Personally I feel whole that they that are back.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I keep telling myself, Denver won a SB with defense. LINK

They also had Peyton Manning who while was a shell of his former self can mentally still play this game despite his body leaving him.

Imagine if Manning really took up Magic's offer to go to the Rams... although the thought of rooting for a Jeff Fisher coached team is awful to me.

Then again I managed to muster up something with Manning/Kubiak.

Fisher's bringing Jared Goff along slow. I've heard he's having basic problems like taking the snap from C. I guess Jeff doesn't want to damage his confidence.

So far it looks like Goff was a poor 1st round choice.

The Rams and every other draft scout knew Goff didn't call his own plays or take the ball under center like Wentz. Even so, he was the near unanimous choice as the best QB in the draft this year. Then again, the scouts also said he was the most ready to play. We're just going to have to wait to find out what they saw.

BTW, Sam Bradford is looking pretty good for the Vikings.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Missed the game. Only caught the last minute. Can someone please explain to me what happened? We held seattle to 3!

I'm guessing the D-line showed up. It was solid last year. Especially on the pass rush.
Us only scoring 9 points doesn't surprise me in the least. No need to explain that, I'm sure I can imagine what happened.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Missed the game. Only caught the last minute. Can someone please explain to me what happened? We held seattle to 3!

I'm guessing the D-line showed up. It was solid last year. Especially on the pass rush.
Us only scoring 9 points doesn't surprise me in the least. No need to explain that, I'm sure I can imagine what happened.

It was a defensive battle. Rams defense was better. Our offense can't score for crap though. I think it will be hard to replicate this kind of success on the road though unless the defense can get interceptions or fumbles and turn it into scoring opportunities.....our offense is a mess. Because we don't have much of a passing game, the opponents pretty much can figure out how to stop the rush.
For those people that say LA has fairweather fans, 91k of them sat in the scorching sun in nearly 100 degree weather to watch a football game for 3.5 hours with no shade.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Today was a reminder that with a team in the market, we get less choices of games to watch on TV.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Today was a reminder that with a team in the market, we get less choices of games to watch on TV.

Yeah, I flipped over to CBS and there was nothing but infomercials....thought they would've shown the Broncos vs Colts game.The difference between now and 20+ years ago is that fans have access to NFL Sunday Ticket to watch out of market teams.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

So LeBron was at the game(I guess he couldn't stomach the Browns)

http://www.12up.com/posts/3805031-video-rams-fans-troll-lebron-by-chanting-kobe-at-him

Quote:
VIDEO: Rams Fans Troll LeBron by Chanting Kobe at Him
2 k
BySteve Fiorillo
18 SEP 2016
​If there is one thing that Los Angeles sports fans love, it's basketball. So it's not too surprising to see them bring basketball into a football game.

LeBron James was at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum before today's Rams/Seahawks game started, which was the first Rams game in LA since 1984, and the Rams fans made sure to needle him a little.

Follow
FOX Sports West ✔ @FoxSportsWest
. [AT] KingJames in the house! @RamsNFL @NFLonFOX @FOXSports @cavs #SEAvsLA
3:35 PM - 18 Sep 2016 · Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
172 172 Retweets 188 188 likes
​​Yes, Rams fans and bored Los Angeles folk who bought a ticket trolled LeBron by chanting "Kobe!" at him, in reference to the recently retired Kobe Bryant, a lifetime Los Angeles Laker, in case you've lived under a troll bride the last week.

With LeBron James bringing the city of Cleveland its first championship in over 50 years, much has been made about his place among the other greats of the NBA. But Californians, who watched Kobe play for 20 years, certainly have a preference.
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter
Follow
SportsCenter ✔ @SportsCenter
LeBron James is on the sideline for the Rams opener in Los Angeles.
4:40 PM - 18 Sep 2016
1,422 1,422 Retweets 4,465 4,465 likes
It was also a good way for Rams fans to get out their aggression, surely still reeling from the embarrassing shutout at the hands of the 49ers on Monday Night Football in Week 1.

LeBron hardly seemed to be fazed by it, walking past the fans who are ostensibly there for football.
Your Reaction?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Rams D was very good but Rusell Wilson was playing on a bad ankle and wasn't very mobile so that helped alot.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I'm still waiting for this team to score a touchdown this season, but at least this puts an end to the 0-16 talk that was starting up after a disastrous first game.

I'd be shocked if this team makes the playoffs unfortunately. Denver had the #1 seed and I thought they were lucky to get that seed.

This team contends if they could throw the ball. Too bad they can't.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

They also had Peyton Manning who while was a shell of his former self can mentally still play this game despite his body leaving him.

Imagine if Manning really took up Magic's offer to go to the Rams... although the thought of rooting for a Jeff Fisher coached team is awful to me.

Manning didn't have much left and I had serious doubts that he could last another season. His greatest value to the team would be teaching and setting an example for Goff IMO.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cochese wrote:
By the way, I like the Rams throwbacks a lot better than their normal uniforms.

Much better looking for sure.

Naw. I prefer the navy and gold uniforms.

Those are (bleep)ing hideous.

I used to prefer the navy and blue but I changed my mind. The throwbacks look really good IMO.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cochese wrote:

I used to prefer the navy and blue but I changed my mind. The throwbacks look really good IMO.

At this point they should just wear these uniforms for the rest of the year...I mean they won despite not scoring any TD's, which is an amazing accomplishment in itself.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Manning didn't have much left and I had serious doubts that he could last another season. His greatest value to the team would be teaching and setting an example for Goff IMO.

Yep he has nothing left to prove....why risk a debilitating injury when you have already accomplished everything there is to in the NFL. I mean we have players in the Hall of Fame and they only won one ring. Because of the punishing nature of the sport, most players will never even get close to sniffing a Super Bowl ring.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Hey, everyone in the NFC West can say they were in 1st place at some point of the season....
Also this is the first time the NFC West has been geographically correct. All the teams in the division are actually in the western US.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject:

I saw a guy at a Total Wine the other day in a Goff jersey. Was he at least allowed near a helmet yesterday?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
I saw a guy at a Total Wine the other day in a Goff jersey. Was he at least allowed near a helmet yesterday?

He was promoted to backup and dressed for yesterday's game. Looking at the schedule, with this anemic offense I don't see many teams we can build a big enough lead for Fisher to feel comfortable putting him in the game. The Rams do have one of the toughest schedules this season so there may be opportunities for him to get some snaps if we get blown out early.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

THE RAMS ARE GONNA SHOCK DA WORLD

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cochese wrote:

At this point they should just wear these uniforms for the rest of the year...I mean they won despite not scoring any TD's, which is an amazing accomplishment in itself.

On Thompson/Trudell, they had JB long who's the radio play by play for the rams. He said there's a rule that a team can only wear a throwback twice a season only. Any changes to a uniform color or logo is to be made 2 years in advanced. So, if they were to revert back to those blue/golds, I'm assuming it would be just in time for the new stadium.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cochese wrote:

On Thompson/Trudell, they had JB long who's the radio play by play for the rams. He said there's a rule that a team can only wear a throwback twice a season only. Any changes to a uniform color or logo is to be made 2 years in advanced. So, if they were to revert back to those blue/golds, I'm assuming it would be just in time for the new stadium.

From LA Times article back in March:

Rams Plan to Keep Current Uniforms until 2019

Quote:
The Rams' uniform issue will be officially discussed for the first time Tuesday at the NFL owners' meetings. But Demoff said the team would not apply for a change until 2017, putting it on track for implementation in 2019.

"Our focus has always been on introducing new uniforms the year we open a new stadium," he said. "That's the opportune time to shape your brand."

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Was at the game yesterday. Took the metro there and it was surprisingly pleasant. Tailgated for a bit and got to the game just in time to watch RHCP perform. We were able to sit 3 rows up from the 50 yard line for about a quarter and a half until we got the boot. Took us the rest of the 2nd Q and most of halftime to get to our seats on the OTHER side of the field.

The set up at the Coliseum at around the 50 yard line is insane. Shoulder to shoulder traffic and terrible lines for beer/snacks. We got near the "top"of the field where the torch is at and there were almost NO lines for beer. $15 bucks for some craft brews.

It was HOT af and crazy packed. But it was fun and a great experience.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I looked at the schedule and there are no night games at the Coliseum. Hopefully the weather will be much more bearable for the games that are upcoming.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject:

You know Pro Football is back when the fans start fighting with each other.....
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject:

Allow me to be Captain Obvious here, but Wentz + Eagles coaching is > Goff + Rams coaching.

It's darn pathetic the Rams gave up so much . . . to get the wrong guy--at least as it appears early on.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject:

Man if Wentz blows up and becomes an elite QB, that will pretty much set the Rams way back. Will be another scenario like Colts/Chargers.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Man if Wentz blows up and becomes an elite QB, that will pretty much set the Rams way back. Will be another scenario like Colts/Chargers.

Man, I'm trying not to let that thought creep in but it's lingering in the back of my mind after seeing Wentz in the first two games.

I just try and hold onto the thought that some great QBs spent their first few seasons holding a clipboard, at least until we actually see Goff play.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Wentz handles the Steelers defense on Sunday. I'm predicting Goff will at least take the field by Week 9 if Keenum doesn't get hurt before then. We have a bye in Week 8 so they'll have extra time to prepare him and I expect our record at that point will force Fisher to play him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 20 of 72
Jump to: