Cavs fire David Blatt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 2950

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
If Cavs and Warriors meet again, it'd be ex-Phil player vs. ex-Phil player in the HC spots.


Not with Kerr coming back the last game.


Kerr was a player for Phil in chicago
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
richsmith
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 995

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Very happy for the Iverson Stopper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 51493

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Mind you Lue is well qualified - he was under Doc in Boston and had a great rap there. He's been an assistant for a while and has a good rep with the players. I don't think him being their head coach is a bad move as much as it's pretty crazy they got rid of Blatt when his NBA record in the playoffs is 1 Finals appearance loss in 6 games in 1 season.
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Rz0TSprFc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1571

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject:

I love the spin on how LeBron supposedly "didn't know" about this move. Bollocks!

Everyone knows LeBron runs that team. Having a player option for next year and knowing that he could leave town again, why would Dan Gilbert not consult LeBron on such a big decision to keep him happy?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 22902

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Mind you Lue is well qualified - he was under Doc in Boston and had a great rap there. He's been an assistant for a while and has a good rep with the players. I don't think him being their head coach is a bad move as much as it's pretty crazy they got rid of Blatt when his NBA record in the playoffs is 1 Finals appearance loss in 6 games in 1 season.


Meh, Lue is going to be Kermit to Lebron's Jim Henson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 2950

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is panicking. He didnt expect the Warriors/spurs to become this great. He figured he'd be in the East with a easy pass to the finals only to face a good fatigued and battered western team who barely made it out of the West.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 9008

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
I love the spin on how LeBron supposedly "didn't know" about this move. Bollocks!

Everyone knows LeBron runs that team. Having a player option for next year and knowing that he could leave town again, why would Dan Gilbert not consult LeBron on such a big decision to keep him happy?


Just saw Chris "Lebrooooon" Broussard on ESPN, saying how the "veterans" initiated this move and that Lebron was just one of the guys that thought Blatt didn't know what he was doing. Laughable.

If Lebron didn't approve of this and if he didn't initiate this, it wouldn't happen.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 14022

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
I love the spin on how LeBron supposedly "didn't know" about this move. Bollocks!

Everyone knows LeBron runs that team. Having a player option for next year and knowing that he could leave town again, why would Dan Gilbert not consult LeBron on such a big decision to keep him happy?


Just saw Chris "Lebrooooon" Broussard on ESPN, saying how the "veterans" initiated this move and that Lebron was just one of the guys that thought Blatt didn't know what he was doing. Laughable.

If Lebron didn't approve of this and if he didn't initiate this, it wouldn't happen.
Qft.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 27961

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
If Cavs and Warriors meet again, it'd be ex-Phil player vs. ex-Phil player in the HC spots.


Not with Kerr coming back the last game.


Kerr was a player for Phil in chicago


LOL, guess thats what I get for responding so early.
Yep, one might remember Kerr was playing for the Bulls nearly 20 years ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 4392

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

the fact Blatt didn't have any coaching history in U.S. (either in NCAA or NBA) really hurt his chance of getting respect from his players. LeBron asked for the Wiggins/Love trade and now it's starting to blow up in their face after the GS game. traded away a promising 20 year old two-way future franchise player for a near 30 year old slow foot 3 pt shooting PF? LOL. so Blatt was the scapegoat unfortunately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 4392

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject:

maybe Cavs just wants to block Lakers going after Lue in the off season, LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cathy78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 797

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Can we now fire Byron and get Blatt and Thibs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AceFresh
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 1599

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

This is why its very probable LeBron will never win another ring.
He wants to be the sole authoritative figure - and quite frankly that won't result in any championships.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 24978

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Very surprising considering how well the team is doing.



They figured they were good enough to win the east, but not beat the west champ, so they needed to make changes. I suspect they will be looking at deals to change the makeup of the team, maybe moving Love or Mozgov.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 27961

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject:

AceFresh wrote:
This is why its very probable LeBron will never win another ring.
He wants to be the sole authoritative figure - and quite frankly that won't result in any championships.


Nothing has changed with LBJ back in Cleveland.
The reason why he won in Miami was because of a change in culture where he couldn't run the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 6268
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
I love the spin on how LeBron supposedly "didn't know" about this move. Bollocks!

Everyone knows LeBron runs that team. Having a player option for next year and knowing that he could leave town again, why would Dan Gilbert not consult LeBron on such a big decision to keep him happy?


Just saw Chris "Lebrooooon" Broussard on ESPN, saying how the "veterans" initiated this move and that Lebron was just one of the guys that thought Blatt didn't know what he was doing. Laughable.

If Lebron didn't approve of this and if he didn't initiate this, it wouldn't happen.


Doubt Love would give him a ringing endorsement for how he was being used.

That's really the only Vet's you would need to poll.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 23532

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

The Cleveland Lebrons keep making stupid moves
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 27741
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grXws5m11SA
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 21374

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject:

I found out about this on my drive home from work and

I figured they would wait until the end of the season because I agree the Cavs can't contend with the top dogs in the West I mean beating the East is no big deal but they want to win a championship and I don't think Blatt is that guy.

However I'm not sure who is either and its Cleveland and I don't think they will ever win a championship. I feel LeBron's window is closed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 119677
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cavs fire David Blatt

CBaller8 wrote:
Surprising


Not really, I have been saying for the last couple of weeks that he might be fired. I think the real reason is that they love Lue and wanted to lock him up before he could go somewhere else. It isn't common for a mid-season coaching hire to be offered a multi year contract the same day the incumbent was fired. And word is Lebron is high on Lue as well.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 21374

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject:

I have to admit this was funny

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2016/01/22/dear-cleveland-sports/

Quote:
Dear Cleveland Sports,

Posted on January 22, 2016 by Daniel Rowell


cleveland

Dear Cleveland Sports,

From the moment
I started putting out dumpster fires
And calling into radio shows at 4 AM
To rant about pick and roll defense
When it was still the Gund Arena
I knew one thing was real:

I fell in love with you.

A love so deep I gave you my all —
From my hotcakes & hot takes
To my most my free time & money.

As a seven-year-old boy
Deeply in love with the Cleveland Indians
I never saw Kenny Lofton win a World Series.
I only saw my dad’s disappointed face
as he turned around our volvo to go home, when y’all blew it in the 9th.

And so I ran to the Cavs.
I ran up and down the Eastern Conference standings
After every decision, and firing, and firing, and firing, and firing, and firing, and return.
You asked for my patience
I gave you my heart
Because we’d all get Chalupas if you scored 100 pts.

I watched through the Spurs sweep and whatever the hell happened in Orlando and Boston
Not because losing is fun
Well actually losing is kind of fun.
I did everything for YOU
I mean… Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett.
But I guess that’s what you do
When someone makes you feel as
Alive as you’ve made me feel.

You gave a twenty six-year-old dude his LeBron come home dream
But I’ll always hate you for trading away Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love.
And… TBH… I can’t “Love” you obsessively for much longer.
This season is all I have left to give.
My heart can take the pounding, (A 34 point loss the the Warriors on a damn holiday weekend!?)
My mind can handle the grind (Why fire Blatt midway through the season? Why now?)
But my body knows it’s time to say goodbye. (But like not yes because we could still win this, right?)

And that’s OK.
I’m ready to let you go. (May-be. Definitely the Browns, the Indians made some interesting off season moves tho. And like LeBron is still LeBron so I’ll watch that.)
I want you to know now
So we both can savor every moment we have left together. (Except that game against the Spurs next week, I might skip that one).
The good and the bad. (And the JR tweets about Madden during coach-firing pressers.)
We have given each other
All that we have. (Well I still have questions about who gave Dan Gilbert that $110 million but at least it goes to the players now.)

And we both know, no matter what I do next
I’ll always be that kid
who has to watch Cavs games laying on the ground from the weight of 51 years of championship expectations
Flaming Dumpster of a hometown sports franchise
:05 03 seconds on the clock
Ball in Jordan’s hands.
3 … 2 … 1





Love you most the time,
Dan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1935

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I have to admit this was funny

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2016/01/22/dear-cleveland-sports/

Quote:
Dear Cleveland Sports,

Posted on January 22, 2016 by Daniel Rowell


cleveland

Dear Cleveland Sports,

From the moment
I started putting out dumpster fires
And calling into radio shows at 4 AM
To rant about pick and roll defense
When it was still the Gund Arena
I knew one thing was real:

I fell in love with you.

A love so deep I gave you my all —
From my hotcakes & hot takes
To my most my free time & money.

As a seven-year-old boy
Deeply in love with the Cleveland Indians
I never saw Kenny Lofton win a World Series.
I only saw my dad’s disappointed face
as he turned around our volvo to go home, when y’all blew it in the 9th.

And so I ran to the Cavs.
I ran up and down the Eastern Conference standings
After every decision, and firing, and firing, and firing, and firing, and firing, and return.
You asked for my patience
I gave you my heart
Because we’d all get Chalupas if you scored 100 pts.

I watched through the Spurs sweep and whatever the hell happened in Orlando and Boston
Not because losing is fun
Well actually losing is kind of fun.
I did everything for YOU
I mean… Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett.
But I guess that’s what you do
When someone makes you feel as
Alive as you’ve made me feel.

You gave a twenty six-year-old dude his LeBron come home dream
But I’ll always hate you for trading away Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love.
And… TBH… I can’t “Love” you obsessively for much longer.
This season is all I have left to give.
My heart can take the pounding, (A 34 point loss the the Warriors on a damn holiday weekend!?)
My mind can handle the grind (Why fire Blatt midway through the season? Why now?)
But my body knows it’s time to say goodbye. (But like not yes because we could still win this, right?)

And that’s OK.
I’m ready to let you go. (May-be. Definitely the Browns, the Indians made some interesting off season moves tho. And like LeBron is still LeBron so I’ll watch that.)
I want you to know now
So we both can savor every moment we have left together. (Except that game against the Spurs next week, I might skip that one).
The good and the bad. (And the JR tweets about Madden during coach-firing pressers.)
We have given each other
All that we have. (Well I still have questions about who gave Dan Gilbert that $110 million but at least it goes to the players now.)

And we both know, no matter what I do next
I’ll always be that kid
who has to watch Cavs games laying on the ground from the weight of 51 years of championship expectations
Flaming Dumpster of a hometown sports franchise
:05 03 seconds on the clock
Ball in Jordan’s hands.
3 … 2 … 1





Love you most the time,
Dan


This too funny. (bleep) Dan Gilbert
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 4155

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grXws5m11SA

Warriors will continue to walk over the Cavs.
_________________
Avenue of the Champions! RIP Dr Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 8040
Location: The (real) short corner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject:

This is a Vivek level move.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 May 2005
Posts: 27800

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-david-blatt-never-stood-a-chance-with-lebron-james-and-his-camp-035612484.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB