Maybe we don't need a trade. Maybe we just need our players to heal and be able to play.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Maybe we don't need a trade. Maybe we just need our players to heal and be able to play.

Lakers trade: Nadda

Lakers recieve:

Odom, Mihm, Turiaf, McKie.

How about that trade?

Although it may seem like this team is on the verge of collapsing, it may not be so.

Odom, although he isn't a second option gives us a lot. I must admit. The game seems easier for the Lakers with Odom. He still sucks though.

Mihm, we all know what he brings. He's very important to us.

McKie is a smart veteran that doesn't make mistakes, plays defense and is able to knock down open shots.

Turiaf is an energy guy, he leaves it all on the floor and he can score down low, rebound, play some d and hustle.
David Lee is doing well with the Knicks and there's no way Lee is better than Turiaf IMO.

Here's a little upbeat post from me, for a change.

When everyone heal, get visa and stuff, maybe we can reach that level of consistancy that we need.

On a related note, I believe this team misses Laron Profit. However, I also believe McKie will be able to play his role...just when will he heal?
I think Turiaf will be a pleseant suprise.

After the ASG break, I believe we"ll start playing better basketball.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject:

Hey, a post I agree with!!!

Odom's probably not worth much in his injured state anyways...

nice post 62.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject:

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but the loss to Indiana came at full strength. You think Phil is going to give big minutes to Turiaf? You think Mckie is going to help us a lot? Mckie's numbers in his best year don't look better than Smush's. Even at full strength we are probably a 47win team. That's fine. Not great, not bad. However, with these injuries, we're much worse and might miss the playoffs. That's the reality. Odom isn't coming back for Dallas. Turiaf isn't going to put up 15/9.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject:

Bravo 62.

Last edited by Worthy42 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
Well, that's all fine and dandy, but the loss to Indiana came at full strength. You think Phil is going to give big minutes to Turiaf? You think Mckie is going to help us a lot? Mckie's numbers in his best year don't look better than Smush's. Even at full strength we are probably a 47win team. That's fine. Not great, not bad. However, with these injuries, we're much worse and might miss the playoffs. That's the reality. Odom isn't coming back for Dallas. Turiaf isn't going to put up 15/9.

Indy also beat Detroit last night.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject:

Good point. You dont make a trade out of desperation or for the sake of making a trade.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject:

oh but p.s. Kwame still sucks. I think we need to trade him and Devean...(DG cuz he's a last year.)
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject:

Look, I want Odom traded. I am an Odom hater. However, most likely he is staying.

This team is really missing Laron Profit. Too bad he got injured. However, when McKie comes back he should be able to play that role.

Turiaf is better than Daivd Lee. I can tell you that much. Therefore, I think Turiaf will really help us. I don't expect miracles but...he's better than freakin David Lee.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject:

despite the injuries our problems started before them. We've been pretty bad ever since that sacramento game. Something got in this team's head. The few wins we've had are simply due to Kobe's brilliance. Meanwhile the rest of the guys stopped playing defense.

This is where PJ comes in. Zen master needs to figure out what it takes to get these guys D up. He gets paid 10 million to figure it out before its too late. Kobe has to help him. Lead by example. He's getting pretty pissed lately and I don't blame him. But his game is also suffering because of it. Turnovers, too many threes, while I'm inclined to give him a break for trying to win, are not helping things.

I'm sure we will come out of this funk. The worst that can happen on this road trip is we lose two more games and go back to .500. After that life gets a bit easier for us schedule wise so hopefully we can make back the lost ground.
VEN_150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject:

^sorry but we can't even beat indiana's bench, charlotte or New orleans, how much easier does the schedule have to get?
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject:

VEN_150 wrote:
^sorry but we can't even beat indiana's bench, charlotte or New orleans, how much easier does the schedule have to get?

hmm let's see. Home games, more rest etc etc. Traveling a lot much does wear you down. Also consider the team's in a funk right now. You hope that they'll get out of the funk. If they don't then yes, you are right. They could play the monarchs every night and still get blown out.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject:

finally someone who realizes the sky isn't falling.

injuries are KILLING us right now. we'll bounce back.
ravelo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......What and make the playoffs with this team???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject:

Hopefully when they come back we wont be too far back in the playoff picture...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject:

If this was in November or December I would agree but its not. We are past the half way point now.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
finally someone who realizes the sky isn't falling.

injuries are KILLING us right now. we'll bounce back.

I'm on board! Can't expect this team to win on the road when they are banged up.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject:

If there is a good opportunity to get a top player, I might make a move. Let's say Odom and Kwame along with Miami's pick for KG. I would do it. Last year, I wanted Baron Davis. I might make a move for an All-Star player. I would not make a move just to make a move. Teams have to play together to develop chemistry. Constantly shaking up the lineup rarely results in Championships. The core needs to function as a unit.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe we don't need a trade. Maybe we just need our players to heal and be able to play.

62 wrote:
Lakers trade: Nadda

Lakers recieve:

Odom, Mihm, Turiaf, McKie.

How about that trade?

Although it may seem like this team is on the verge of collapsing, it may not be so.

Odom, although he isn't a second option gives us a lot. I must admit. The game seems easier for the Lakers with Odom. He still sucks though.

Mihm, we all know what he brings. He's very important to us.

McKie is a smart veteran that doesn't make mistakes, plays defense and is able to knock down open shots.

Turiaf is an energy guy, he leaves it all on the floor and he can score down low, rebound, play some d and hustle.
David Lee is doing well with the Knicks and there's no way Lee is better than Turiaf IMO.

Here's a little upbeat post from me, for a change.

When everyone heal, get visa and stuff, maybe we can reach that level of consistancy that we need.

On a related note, I believe this team misses Laron Profit. However, I also believe McKie will be able to play his role...just when will he heal?
I think Turiaf will be a pleseant suprise.

After the ASG break, I believe we"ll start playing better basketball.

Holy crap; I'm surprised with this post. Thanks for being positive and not contributing to the mounting sludge of bad posts. I agree with you! I really can't wait until Turiaf plays. If Mihm is still hurt by tuesday, there's no way Phil will deny him minutes-the guy is far more physically mature than Bynum.

^^ Farmar

eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Ank wrote:

Indy also beat Detroit last night.

According to the haters, Detroit is a lottery-bound team. :roll: Funny how they make exceptions for one team, but not another; too much haterade, I think.

^^ Farmar

Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Another reason to not want a trade:

Look at our recent trades... Shaq for Odom/Butler/Grant; Butler/Atkins for Kwame; Jumaine Jones for 2nd rounder...

We seem to get the worst of every deal!
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, a chance to heal. Hopefully they can turn it around after the ASG.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Only people I am in favor of moving are Devean Luke Slava and Walton.... but I mean, c'mon, we can't get piddle for these guys... I guess for now it's just the waiting game
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:

Only people I am in favor of moving are Devean Luke Slava and Walton.... but I mean, c'mon, we can't get piddle for these guys... I guess for now it's just the waiting game

Luke and Walton are the same people...
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
B_Rabbit1212 wrote:

Luke and Walton are the same people...

TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Even healthy, this team will struggle to make the playoffs. We are gonna tread water (at best) until the vaunted 07/08 offseasons. Even then, my money says we don't even pick up a top twenty player. So we will blow three prime years of Kobe's career for a Hinrich type of a pickup. Yippeee!

Jake Speed, 1986
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: