Maybe we don't need a trade. Maybe we just need our players to heal and be able to play.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LA4Life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject:

McKie? WTF was he doing when he wasn't injured? NOTHING!!
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe we don't need a trade. Maybe we just need our players to heal and be able to play.

62 wrote:
Lakers trade: Nadda

Lakers recieve:

Odom, Mihm, Turiaf, McKie.

How about that trade?

Although it may seem like this team is on the verge of collapsing, it may not be so.

Odom, although he isn't a second option gives us a lot. I must admit. The game seems easier for the Lakers with Odom. He still sucks though.

Mihm, we all know what he brings. He's very important to us.

McKie is a smart veteran that doesn't make mistakes, plays defense and is able to knock down open shots.

Turiaf is an energy guy, he leaves it all on the floor and he can score down low, rebound, play some d and hustle.
David Lee is doing well with the Knicks and there's no way Lee is better than Turiaf IMO.

Here's a little upbeat post from me, for a change.

When everyone heal, get visa and stuff, maybe we can reach that level of consistancy that we need.

On a related note, I believe this team misses Laron Profit. However, I also believe McKie will be able to play his role...just when will he heal?
I think Turiaf will be a pleseant suprise.

After the ASG break, I believe we"ll start playing better basketball.

Defeatist...

"Ignore the rash and it will go away" mentality...

If they take that approach, we will quickly become the LA Clippers...book it.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe we don't need a trade. Maybe we just need our players to heal and be able to play.

GameCock-MD wrote:
62 wrote:

Lakers recieve:

How about that trade?

Although it may seem like this team is on the verge of collapsing, it may not be so.

Odom, although he isn't a second option gives us a lot. I must admit. The game seems easier for the Lakers with Odom. He still sucks though.

McKie is a smart veteran that doesn't make mistakes, plays defense and is able to knock down open shots.

Turiaf is an energy guy, he leaves it all on the floor and he can score down low, rebound, play some d and hustle.
David Lee is doing well with the Knicks and there's no way Lee is better than Turiaf IMO.

When everyone heal, get visa and stuff, maybe we can reach that level of consistancy that we need.

On a related note, I believe this team misses Laron Profit. However, I also believe McKie will be able to play his role...just when will he heal?

Defeatist...

We can become the clippers? Sign us up
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
B_Rabbit1212 wrote:

Only people I am in favor of moving are Devean Luke Slava and Walton.... but I mean, c'mon, we can't get piddle for these guys... I guess for now it's just the waiting game

Luke and Walton are the same people...

woops.
I put him twice because thats how bad I want him traded....
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
If there is a good opportunity to get a top player, I might make a move. Let's say Odom and Kwame along with Miami's pick for KG. I would do it. Last year, I wanted Baron Davis. I might make a move for an All-Star player. I would not make a move just to make a move. Teams have to play together to develop chemistry. Constantly shaking up the lineup rarely results in Championships. The core needs to function as a unit.

God, I would do that deal in a New York Minute!
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

I like your post 62. I would like 2 see the guys playing now step up and deliver. Injuries are part of the game. These guys need to stand and deliver.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
samsl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

Once we get healthy, we should make a run at that magic 6th playoff seed - who gets to play the winner of the NW Division. Health is definitely the key here. Too bad there's no likelihood of getting Laron back this season.

I'd like to trade Devean's and Slava's contracts for some decent talent (like maybe Stackhouse, Drew Gooden*, Ruben, Fortson, Shandon Anderson - all with contracts just thru next season).

Currently, however, with all of our injuries, it seems unlikely that we would trade Devean for a new (albeit more talented) player unfamiliar with the tri.

This isn't to say that I don't like Devean on the team. I think it'd be good to sign him and/or Jumaine Jones in the offseason with the one of the salary cap exceptions.

*Gooden's contract is on par with the value of just Devean's, rather than the combination of Slava and Devean. The only way to actually get this one to work is to throw in another Cav making about $4M, like some SF on roster, Lebron James.

If Sun Yue is the Chinese Magic Johnson...I'm the Chinese Brad Pitt...
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject:

Healthy this team is a borderline playoff contender, no more. It's funny how we go back and forth between calling everyone on this team but Kobe D-leaguers to, hey if we get healthy we're good.

Granted we need to make a move to upgrade the talent, but unfortunately, I doubt it comes mid-season. Based on the PJ's history, we are done until the off-season. We can just hope the team grows and matures enough to make a run at the playoffs and our young players are able to improve.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe we don't need a trade. Maybe we just need our players to heal and be able to play.

GameCock-MD wrote:
62 wrote:

Lakers recieve:

How about that trade?

Defeatist...

PACIFIC W L PCT GB Conf Div Home Road L 10 Streak
Phoenix 2 31 16 0.660 0.000 15-11 6-3 17-7 14-9 7-3 Won 3
L.A. Clippers 5 28 17 0.622 2.000 14-9 5-4 16-7 12-10 8-2 Won 3
L.A. Lakers 8 24 23 0.511 7.000 10-15 3-4 12-8 12-15 4-6 Lost 3
Golden State 21 25 0.457 9.500 10-16 1-8 13-13 8-12 4-6 Won 1
Sacramento 20 27 0.426 11.000 13-14 5-1 14-11 6-16 4-6 Won 1

Being the Clippers right now is a bad thing?
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:
Another reason to not want a trade:

Look at our recent trades... Shaq for Odom/Butler/Grant; Butler/Atkins for Kwame; Jumaine Jones for 2nd rounder...

We seem to get the worst of every deal!

Amen (although I did like the Mihm/JJ for Fox/Payton move).

The Shaq trade sunk the franchise - the only way it would've worked is if Lamar became an all-star and we landed Amare in 2007. Neither is happening.

They got lucky with Bynum, but need to find a young stud at PG. I think they may be better off in the lottery the next couple of years - acquiring talent to retain or eventually move for a proven player. Our cupboard is just bare right now. We lack talent, experience and athleticism.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: