Dlo: 3 rebs in 22 mins and he's a point guard
Lou and JC: 2 rebs altogether in 53 mins total
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Let's see Bryon thought why bother putting Russell, Kobe, and Randle back in the game when this game is already over and risk them getting hurt.

Exactly and agreed.

The purpose of this season is to develop the game of the young players individually and their collective chemistry.

Minutes played together are valuable no matter the score for young players. Moreover, the Lakers young guys have shown that they may be able to make it interesting as well.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
I hope Russell calls out that bum again.

Russell on the Sixers is a legitimate ROY candidate.

Scratch that, Russell on pretty much any lottery team(except this trash) is a legitimate ROY candidate. I feel bad for him having his rookie year pretty much wasted. It's not even a lock he makes first team all rookie with Booker playing well.

He'll get first team. It's not even a question. Even with Booker, it would look like this:

Russell
Booker
Porzingus
Towns
Okafor

The Rookies will pull an upset on the sophmores..hopefully Dlo wins mvp of the game.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:

Scratch that, Russell on pretty much any lottery team(except this trash) is a legitimate ROY candidate. I feel bad for him having his rookie year pretty much wasted. It's not even a lock he makes first team all rookie with Booker playing well.

Literally on any lottery team, especially the Nuggets or the 76ers, he would be averaging at least close to a double double right now.

We just happen to be the only (bleep) organization in the league that (bleep) up over something as simple as letting the young guys (bleep) play.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
Megaton wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

He'll get first team. It's not even a question. Even with Booker, it would look like this:

Russell
Booker
Porzingus
Towns
Okafor

The Rookies will pull an upset on the sophmores..hopefully Dlo wins mvp of the game.

Oh that's right...now I can't wait for that game.

A Russell alley oop to Towns will be awesome.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
TDRock wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Let's see Bryon thought why bother putting Russell, Kobe, and Randle back in the game when this game is already over and risk them getting hurt.

Exactly and agreed.

The purpose of this season is to develop the game of the young players individually and their collective chemistry.

Minutes played together are valuable no matter the score for young players. Moreover, the Lakers young guys have shown that they may be able to make it interesting as well.

Agree but he hasn't been doing that all season. So for this specific game, once his poor rotations and general foolishness put us down by 500 points do us all a favor by at least getting our main people out alive to play another game.

Ryan Kelly instead of Tarik and Huertas over JC in the third? Come on, man...
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
Megaton wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

Russell
Booker
Porzingus
Towns
Okafor

That format changed years ago. It's no longer rookies vs. sophomores.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Why bother putting Russell and Randle in at all? The game is already over before it starts.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Why bother putting Russell and Randle in at all? The game is already over before it starts.

Because Russell doesn't come in the game regardless of what is going on in the game?

If Russell can't play when the game is on the line or out of reach, when can he play?

There is a thing called "development". You freaking play the kid and grow him. Not bench him and restrict his minutes like he's a 32 year old vet.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
TDRock wrote:
fontana3d wrote:

Exactly and agreed.

Agree but he hasn't been doing that all season. So for this specific game, once his poor rotations and general foolishness put us down by 500 points do us all a favor by at least getting our main people out alive to play another game.

Agreed.

But the problem is that with Byron its one putrid decision after another.

He should not be allowed to use the situation created by his own foolishness to justify his next horrible decision.

This is now a trend where he is putting in Huertas and other scrubs earlier and earlier.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject:

OK so Byron says "we didn't do what we talked about doing" and then goes on to say the guards didn't do this or that, lack of attention to detail, etc.

Is that not what you're supposed to work on in Practice? What does "talk about" mean in this context? It insinuates the problem is with the young guys but it's always the starters who are flat so why are THEY making the mistakes and again, WHAT is happening in practice?

And now he's saying "there's only so much he can do as a coach" (his words)

I'm confused...

Last edited by TDRock on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Byron said they weren't listening and weren't following the gameplay.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
OK so Byron says "we didn't do what we talked about doing" and then goes on to say the guards didn't do this or that, lack of attention to detail, etc.

Is that not what you're supposed to work on in Practice? What does "talk about" mean in this context?

I'm confused...

They tuned him out.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

TDRock wrote:

Is that not what you're supposed to work on in Practice? What does "talk about" mean in this context?

I'm confused...

"Only so much he can do".

He's right. There is only so much sabotaging he can do to this team and the young core. He's trying his damn hardest at that.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

TDRock wrote:

I'm confused...

This is everyone of his press conferences. He has certain tidbits memorized and he mixes and matches them.

However, sometimes he says the wrong tidbits in the wrong order; but of course hes too old school to correct it.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Byron said they weren't listening and weren't following the gameplay.

So the team is quitting on him.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Not a knock on Dlo, but I still don't think he's a point. He's more of a scoring guard with great court vision. He had a great game tonight. Wish he got more minutes.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Not a knock on Dlo, but I still don't think he's a point. He's more of a scoring guard with great court vision. He had a great game tonight. Wish he got more minutes.

Any talented point guard worth their salt forced to play with Kelly and Huertas would become a scoring guard.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
TDRock wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
TDRock wrote:
fontana3d wrote:

Exactly and agreed.

Agreed.

He should not be allowed to use the situation created by his own foolishness to justify his next horrible decision.

This is now a trend where he is putting in Huertas and other scrubs earlier and earlier.

No I totally agree but... Like everyone else I don't even know what to say anymore. I don't know what to say, think, do or feel. And I spend good $$$ on games. Thanks BScott...

Last edited by TDRock on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Let's see... DLO led the team in scoring again. 21 points. On 12 shots. In... 22 minutes. Imagine what he could do in 35.

Only Byron Scott would sit him on the second string and pair him with his least compatible counterparts, Lou or Huertas.

Any comments from BS's press conference?
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
TDRock wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
TDRock wrote:
fontana3d wrote:

Exactly and agreed.

Agreed.

No I totally agree but... Like everyone else I don't even know what to say anymore. I don't know what to say, think, do or feel and we're STHs. Thanks BScott...

Are you:

- Confused
- Frustrated
- Angry
- At a Loss of Words

??

You may be suffering from Byronitis... Dont worry its pretty common around these parts
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Let's see... DLO led the team in scoring again. 21 points. On 12 shots. In... 22 minutes. Imagine what he could do in 35.

Only Byron Scott would sit him on the second string and pair him with his least compatible counterparts, Lou or Huertas.

He thought DLO played "OK" (his words)
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Wow... Worthy is becoming unbearable too.

Following the marching orders from Byron Scott's "OK"mentality, Worthy takes a cheap shot at DLO by stating that his points are not impactful.

Thank God for Jameson for basically cutting apart Worthy's BS forcing him to admit that hes wrong.

I do not consider Jameson a Laker, but Worthy and others have become unbearable. Worthy has this old man stanky look on his face because Jameson just cut him to shreds.

Its so sad to start losing admiration for guys you grew up loving!!

F U BYRON!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
TDRock wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
TDRock wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
TDRock wrote:
fontana3d wrote:

Exactly and agreed.

Agreed.

No I totally agree but... Like everyone else I don't even know what to say anymore. I don't know what to say, think, do or feel and we're STHs. Thanks BScott...

Are you:

- Confused
- Frustrated
- Angry
- At a Loss of Words

??

You may be suffering from Byronitis... Dont worry its pretty common around these parts

That would be me! Lol!

Meanwhile Randle looked nearly ready to cry.

Blatt was fired because ownerdudebro said he'd never seen worse locker room energy. Hmmmmmm 🤔
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

He thought DLO played "OK" (his words)

I see Byron just can't contain himself...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29
Jump to: