Who should coach the east all star team?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should coach the East all star team?
Tyronn lue.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
David Blatt
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
another coach
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Who should coach the east all star team?

Who should coach the east team?

The Cavs have the best record but just fired Blatt and it would just weird to have a rookie coach at the all star game.

If not Lue, should another coach get the call? I am not following the east teams so got no idea who has the 2nd best record.

Tyronn Lue thinks that his former boss should coach the all star game. Your thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14633711/cleveland-cavaliers-coach-tyronn-lue-says-fired-david-blatt-coach-eastern-conference-all-stars
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject:

Lebron
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject:

I will do it
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

Luke Walton, since he's not eligible for the West team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject:

I guess Lebron will. He's the "coach" of the Cavs anyways.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject:

Probably will be Casey. Second best record in the East, ASG is in Toronto
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject:

I think Dwane Casey deserves to coach the NBA Eastern Conference All-Stars next month, with the rest of his coaching staff in tow. There's really no credible alternative, since Blatt is out in Cleveland and Tyronn Lue has no business in the conversation.

As for LeBron, he already has his hands full serving as the full-time bogeyman for so many deeply insecure fans of other all-time greats ...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Who should coach the east all star team?

ksmgf wrote:
Who should coach the east team?

The Cavs have the best record but just fired Blatt and it would just weird to have a rookie coach at the all star game.

If not Lue, should another coach get the call? I am not following the east teams so got no idea who has the 2nd best record.

Tyronn Lue thinks that his former boss should coach the all star game. Your thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14633711/cleveland-cavaliers-coach-tyronn-lue-says-fired-david-blatt-coach-eastern-conference-all-stars

If I were the NBA, I'd simply make a rule that the all-star coach has to active; and if not, then the job goes to the coach with the next best record. They already do something similar, since a coach can't have the same job two years in a row.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
I think Dwane Casey deserves to coach the NBA Eastern Conference All-Stars next month, with the rest of his coaching staff in tow. There's really no credible alternative, since Blatt is out in Cleveland and Tyronn Lue has no business in the conversation.

As for LeBron, he already has his hands full serving as the full-time bogeyman for so many deeply insecure fans of other all-time greats ...

You're right, Lebron is clearly not a raging egomaniac and he has nothing at all to do with the situation the Cavs find themselves in. If only people could stop being so damn insecure.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject:

Naive gesture by Ty Lue? I mean why in the world would Blatt or Lebron want that?
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
the association wrote:

You're right, Lebron is clearly not a raging egomaniac and he has nothing at all to do with the situation the Cavs find themselves in. If only people could stop being so damn insecure.

I choose a path that isn't dominated by an obsession with LeBron ... his inevitable march into history as one of the all-time greats doesn't threaten or frighten me, as it apparently does so many others. He's very clearly a bogeyman for these folks, no matter how hard they try to project themselves as tough guys with moniker absurdities.

As for the Cavaliers, they "find themselves" in first place in their conference, which is a position we would love to find ourselves in. Dan Gilbert also finds the market value of this asset to be at least 2x its value less than two years ago. The Cleveland front office made a coaching change b/c they were apparently displeased with Blatt's fit and production within the organization. If the fit part was driven by LeBron, Love or any other player on their roster, what's the difference? This is basketball, not friends. Were you under the impression that David Blatt was the primary reason the Cavaliers market value has increased significantly since the Summer of 2014? Anyway, it has appeared since his hiring that David Blatt was over-his-head with this level of talent anyway; significantly so. Go ahead and draft an all-star team utilizing every player he had previously coached (as head coach) and you'll quickly see that he was beyond his depth with this roster. Period, full stop.

We Lakers fans enjoyed supporting a guy not too long ago who was the best player in the association for almost a decade, too. When you're the best like Magic was (and LeBron has been), the frightened fans of other players who aspire to be considered the best always sling desperate, hyperbolic arrows like the ones you launch above ... "raging egomaniac"? When you win at life like LeBron very clearly does, rarely does any situation call for "raging". If he's responsible for David Blatt's ouster, so what? Who's a better judge of Blatt's fitness to coach the Cavaliers, LeBron James or [you, David Blatt's family, the Princeton Tigers, the State of Israel, Adrian Wojnarowski and a horde of other emotionally subjective individuals that LeBron wouldn't give the time of day to anyway]?

You have an agenda, which is your right. Just don't pass yourself off as anything more than a guy / gal hopelessly tilting at the windmill, hoping to nudge the anti-LeBron needle a little bit ...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Were you under the impression that David Blatt was the primary reason the Cavaliers market value has increased significantly since the Summer of 2014? Anyway, it has appeared since his hiring that David Blatt was over-his-head with this level of talent anyway; significantly so. Go ahead and draft an all-star team utilizing every player he had previously coached (as head coach) and you'll quickly see that he was beyond his depth with this roster. Period, full stop.

We Lakers fans enjoyed supporting a guy not too long ago who was the best player in the association for almost a decade, too. When you're the best like Magic was (and LeBron has been), the frightened fans of other players who aspire to be considered the best always sling desperate, hyperbolic arrows like the ones you launch above ... "raging egomaniac"? When you win at life like LeBron very clearly does, rarely does any situation call for "raging". If he's responsible for David Blatt's ouster, so what? Who's a better judge of Blatt's fitness to coach the Cavaliers, LeBron James or [you, David Blatt's family, the Princeton Tigers, the State of Israel, Adrian Wojnarowski and a horde of other emotionally subjective individuals that LeBron wouldn't give the time of day to anyway]?

I have no doubt that Lebron was a big force behind Blatt getting booted. I'm not surprised about that, nor am I surprised that he is publically deflected his part in the outster.

And I don't think it's a bad decision to boot the guy. The Cavs are first in the east, but you can debate whether that is because of or in spite of Blatt. The Cavs are aiming for a ring, and they know they aren't quite there/
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Dominator wrote:
the association wrote:

I choose a path that isn't dominated by an obsession with LeBron ... his inevitable march into history as one of the all-time greats doesn't threaten or frighten me, as it apparently does so many others. He's very clearly a bogeyman for these folks, no matter how hard they try to project themselves as tough guys with moniker absurdities.

As for the Cavaliers, they "find themselves" in first place in their conference, which is a position we would love to find ourselves in. Dan Gilbert also finds the market value of this asset to be at least 2x its value less than two years ago. The Cleveland front office made a coaching change b/c they were apparently displeased with Blatt's fit and production within the organization. If the fit part was driven by LeBron, Love or any other player on their roster, what's the difference? This is basketball, not friends. Were you under the impression that David Blatt was the primary reason the Cavaliers market value has increased significantly since the Summer of 2014? Anyway, it has appeared since his hiring that David Blatt was over-his-head with this level of talent anyway; significantly so. Go ahead and draft an all-star team utilizing every player he had previously coached (as head coach) and you'll quickly see that he was beyond his depth with this roster. Period, full stop.

You have an agenda, which is your right. Just don't pass yourself off as anything more than a guy / gal hopelessly tilting at the windmill, hoping to nudge the anti-LeBron needle a little bit ...

Very well said. People must forget that Kobe and Magic each had huge power on their franchises and did many of the same things. Magic called for a coach to be fired, Kobe ran Shaq out of LA and pushed the FO to either trade him or trade for more talent. LeBron isn't doing anything other greats haven't done before, right or wrong.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
the association wrote:
Were you under the impression that David Blatt was the primary reason the Cavaliers market value has increased significantly since the Summer of 2014? Anyway, it has appeared since his hiring that David Blatt was over-his-head with this level of talent anyway; significantly so. Go ahead and draft an all-star team utilizing every player he had previously coached (as head coach) and you'll quickly see that he was beyond his depth with this roster. Period, full stop.

I have no doubt that Lebron was a big force behind Blatt getting booted. I'm not surprised about that, nor am I surprised that he is publically deflected his part in the outster.

And I don't think it's a bad decision to boot the guy. The Cavs are first in the east, but you can debate whether that is because of or in spite of Blatt. The Cavs are aiming for a ring, and they know they aren't quite there/

You're probably on the mark (with re: to LeBron's role and the perceived deflection), but I doubt we'll know for a while. Unless you have credible sources in that organization, it's difficult to nail down the facts.

Regardless, has there been an announcement yet re: whether Casey will be the East coach (assuming Toronto maintains its position)?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Regardless, has there been an announcement yet re: whether Casey will be the East coach (assuming Toronto maintains its position)?

As far as I know the NBA hasn't made any decision or announcement regarding the east situation or the Kerr/Walton situation.

It's still possible Toronto could pass Cleveland in the standings before the all-star break, which would eliminate the need for the NBA to make a decision about that one.

Personally, I think this is a pretty trivial issue. It's not a big deal to me whatever the NBA decides to do.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Lue will be coaching the Eastern All-stars and Pop the Western All-stars
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject:

They won't let Luke coach the West (and not Kerr either)... so I say let Luke coach the East.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: