Would you swap a top 3 pick for Draymond Green?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 30 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 52

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Would you swap a top 3 pick for Draymond Green?

If we get a pick in the top three this year, would you swap it for Draymond Green if given the choice? What if it were the #1 pick?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject:

Of course
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

Yup. GSW won't though.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Yup. GSW won't though.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Of course

Even Ben Simmons?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Of course

Even Ben Simmons?

Draymond Green is a top 10 player in the NBA. Simmons has that potential but it's not even a question for me.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

No.

Do people think Draymond is a franchise player, a guy a team can build around?

It's the perfect situation for him. He's the apex of the triangle with his two shooters in Curry and Klay.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

holy (bleep) hahaha you guys for real??? draymond fing green??? they got you fooled for sure
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Not in this lifetime, no. Green is a scrub but is place in the best situation for him.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

For some reason, I really never thought about it, but Draymond Green is arguably the best center in the NBA. Just let that sink in a moment. A 6'7" 230 pound small forward/shooting guard is the best center in the NBA.

That's how badly the center position has fallen.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Would you swap a top 3 pick for Draymond Green?

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

4stargeneralbulldog wrote:
For some reason, I really never thought about it, but Draymond Green is arguably the best center in the NBA. Just let that sink in a moment. A 6'7" 230 pound small forward/shooting guard is the best center in the NBA.

That's how badly the center position has fallen.

Pretty sure that honor goes to Demarcus Cousins......
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you swap a top 3 pick for Draymond Green?

CandyCanes wrote:
If we get a pick in the top three this year, would you swap it for Draymond Green if given the choice? What if it were the #1 pick?

Nope. We're looking for a franchise player. If lucky, a once in a lifetime type player like we've enjoyed in Kobe. We do not have the team in place for Draymon to continue his effectiveness.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject:

I love Draymond, but no. I'd gamble to get a franchise guy.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

Totally! With a pick that high you definitely would want to try and get an All Star player. Someone who can guard every position on the floor and be a DPOY contender, hit 3s, post up, rebound, block shots, and lead the league's best offensive team in assists. With any luck, you'd hit gold in the intangibles department too and the pick would be a great team guy who also has a killer instinct and isn't afraid of any opponent. Most top 3 picks can do all that stuff.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Totally! With a pick that high you definitely would want to try and get an All Star player. Someone who can guard every position on the floor and be a DPOY contender, hit 3s, post up, rebound, block shots, and lead the league's best offensive team in assists. With any luck, you'd hit gold in the intangibles department too and the pick would be a great team guy who also has a killer instinct and isn't afraid of any opponent. Most top 3 picks can do all that stuff.

Yeah, and continue to go into the lottery every year since there is no Curry or Klay Thompson here. I also noticed how you were careful to say "all-star." You see, that's all he is, an all-star. We're swinging for the fence with the #1 as in hall of fame franchise cornerstone caliber.

Draymond is a super utility guy, one of the best in my recent history. You don't build around a utility guy. He's a glue guy. Once you have your main pieces in place, you apply the glue last... ideally.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I think DLO, Clarkson, Randle, and Green is a pretty good base - thats without free agents and with all pretty friendly contracts. Yeah, I'd make that trade.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Top 3 players from the last 4 drafts(no order).

Cousins
Wall
George

Irving
Kawhi
Klay

AD
Lillard
Drummond

2013 draft

So yeah, no.

This is not a draft you want to be giving a top 3 pick(top 2 in particular) away for someone like Draymond. As good as he is, no, just no.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Yeah, and continue to go into the lottery every year since there is no Curry or Klay Thompson here. I also noticed how you were careful to say "all-star." You see, that's all he is, an all-star. We're swinging for the fence with the #1 as in hall of fame franchise cornerstone caliber.

Draymond is a super utility guy, one of the best in my recent history. You don't build around a utility guy. He's a glue guy. Once you have your main pieces in place, you apply the glue last... ideally.

It's funny to me that so many credit Steph and Klay for opening things up for Green while simultaneously ignoring what Green does for them. If you think Green is just a glue guy you just frankly aren't paying that much attention to the Warriors.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Cousins
Wall
George

Irving
Kawhi
Klay

AD
Lillard
Drummond

2013 draft

So yeah, no.

This is not a draft you want to be giving a top 3 pick(top 2 in particular) away for someone like Draymond. As good as he is, no, just no.

Cherry picking is a fun exercise but teams don't have the benefit of your hindsight. You also skipped the 2014 draft. Here are the Top 3 picks from the most recent drafts, leaving out the most recent one because the jury is still out on a lot of them.

Andrew Wiggins
Jabari Parker
Joel Embiid
Anthony Bennett
Victor Oladipo
Otto Porter
Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Bradley Beal
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Williams
Enes Kanter
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Cousins
Wall
George

Irving
Kawhi
Klay

AD
Lillard
Drummond

2013 draft

So yeah, no.

Cherry picking is a fun exercise but teams don't have the benefit of your hindsight. You also skipped the 2014 draft. Here are the Top 3 picks from the most recent drafts, leaving out the most recent one because the jury is still out on a lot of them.

Andrew Wiggins
Jabari Parker
Joel Embiid
Anthony Bennett
Victor Oladipo
Otto Porter
Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Bradley Beal
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Williams
Enes Kanter

If your team knows how to draft then you don't have anything to worry about.

I left out the 2014 draft because those players are only in their second year. Same reason I left out last year's draft. It's too soon to know. You obviously knew that.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
ocho wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Cousins
Wall
George

Irving
Kawhi
Klay

AD
Lillard
Drummond

2013 draft

So yeah, no.

Andrew Wiggins
Jabari Parker
Joel Embiid
Anthony Bennett
Victor Oladipo
Otto Porter
Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Bradley Beal
Kyrie Irving
Derrick Williams
Enes Kanter

If your team knows how to draft then you don't have anything to worry about.

I left out the 2014 draft because those players are only in their second year. Same reason I left out last year's draft. It's too soon to know. You obviously knew that.

Ok, take Wiggins/Parker/Embiid off the list and add Wall/Turner/Favors. I think you get the point. You don't always know what you're getting when you pick a player, and with the exception of Bennett none of those picks were considered reaches at the time. The odds of us drafting a player of Green's caliber are highly unlikely.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Of course

Even Ben Simmons?

Simmons can only dream of turning out as good as Draymond is.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you swap a top 3 pick for Draymond Green?

Runway8 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Nope. We're looking for a franchise player. If lucky, a once in a lifetime type player like we've enjoyed in Kobe. We do not have the team in place for Draymon to continue his effectiveness.

And if we get lucky enough to keep that pick, we will still be looking for that player after the draft.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ocho wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

We could get our Curry and Klay in free agency. FAs would be much more attracted to the Lakers with Green instead of some kid that might be a good player in 3-4 seasons.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: