How many Laker fan are rooting for Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you root for Clippers to win
YES
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
NO
40%
 40%  [ 29 ]
SOMETIMES
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
DON'T WATCH CLIPPER GAMES
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
HAD TO PUT THIS IN (EFF THE CLIPPERS) I THINK THIS WILL WIN
34%
 34%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 72

frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

(bleep) the clippers
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

The virulence was expected.

I want them to win against the Celtics and Cleveland. I guess I'm alone it that want.

EDIT: Aussie you're sick

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Can't stand them. Chris Paul is a whiny little (bleep), Paul Pierce is a studio gangster, DeAndre is an indecisive little punk and Blake Griffin is one of the biggest fools in the game.

Also can't stand Doc, the most overrated coach.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I respect their talent but I can't stand em. I'll admit that much of it is jealousy but a lot of it is their flopping and whining too. Maybe when we're back on top I'll give them a pity cheer.

Deandre Jordan was the last player I sort of rooted for but after that cowardly stuff he pulled over the summer and adding Wheelchair and Lance Stephenson, the door is closed.

I always root for whoever's playing against them now.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject:

GTFO.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

My cat fell into a bag of my wife's really expensive yarn and almost died in the wool.

She hates the Clippers too.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject:

I honestly tried to root for them a few times in recent years, especially since we were so bad and they were so good (not including the playoffs, that is). What I found is that I really can't get myself to have any kind of emotional response to them. To be honest, besides a few TNT games here and there, I wouldn't even know they existed.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Still remember the days when the Clippers couldn't even find a network to show their games on free TV because they were so bad....anybody remember when they were on KTLA, KCOP, then KCAL, then to KTLA before they finally moved all their games to FSN?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject:

I root against them hard in the playoffs.
But I like their players and enjoy watching their games in the regular season, and don't mind when they win then. So i voted Sometimes
I absolutely hate Doc Rivers tho
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Dont care about the clippers, they kinda suck.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Can't stand them. Chris Paul is a whiny little (bleep), Paul Pierce is a studio gangster, DeAndre is an indecisive little punk and Blake Griffin is one of the biggest fools in the game.

Where you disappointed when Stern vetoed the CP3, Dwight Howard deal?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject:

In the past, I would have supported a California team if they went deep in the playoffs, especially if the Lakers are stuck in rebuild years. Then 2011 happened. A California team is already the best in the league, so I don't have to support the Clippers.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824

Last edited by PrairieAve on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:37 am    Post subject:

I would root for Boston over the Clippers in an NBA Finals without any hesitation whatsoever. I can at least respect greatness, which they have achieved.

With the Clippers, you have a team that has never even made a conference final. Yet they act like they have won something, and I say this in reference both to their players and especially to their fans. Ok, fine, they have won 2 division titles. That's it. Yet they act incredibly entitled. Chris Paul was gifted to their sorry franchise and to their racist owner, and they hadn't earned that. Blake Griffin's a jerk. CP3 is a jerk with a Napoleon complex. DeAndre Jordan's betrayal of the Mavs was flat-out cowardly, and then the Clippers had the audacity to mock the Mavericks afterward. Doc Rivers is a crybaby. When he began a press conference after a playoff loss with "guys, you know I don't complain, but...", I wanted to punch the television set. Oh, and while anything was an improvement over Sterling, Ballmer is also pretty damn insufferable.

In short, they have no class, they are entitled, and they've never won jack.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I would root for Boston over the Clippers in an NBA Finals without any hesitation whatsoever. I can at least respect greatness, which they have achieved.

With the Clippers, you have a team that has never even made a conference final. Yet they act like they have won something, and I say this in reference both to their players and especially to their fans. Ok, fine, they have won 2 division titles. That's it. Yet they act incredibly entitled. Chris Paul was gifted to their sorry franchise and to their racist owner, and they hadn't earned that. Blake Griffin's a jerk. CP3 is a jerk with a Napoleon complex. DeAndre Jordan's betrayal of the Mavs was flat-out cowardly, and then the Clippers had the audacity to mock the Mavericks afterward. Doc Rivers is a crybaby. When he began a press conference after a playoff loss with "guys, you know I don't complain, but...", I wanted to punch the television set. Oh, and while anything was an improvement over Sterling, Ballmer is also pretty damn insufferable.

This . . . well except for the Boston part. But I don't think we will ever have to worry about being in a position to make that choice.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:

Where you disappointed when Stern vetoed the CP3, Dwight Howard deal?

Yeah I was disappointed about Paul. I like his game, I just don't like him. There have been some players in the past that I support because they play for us, and I like their game, but don't really like them or the way they come across.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand the Clipper stigma. It's like no matter what players they get, who owns them, they still can't win.

On paper they're one of the best teams in the NBA. On the court they're second rate.

Donald Sterling was a racist owner Steve Ballmer is a tool.

I gave them a real shot this season. It looks like it's going to be business as usual.

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

This . . . well except for the Boston part. But I don't think we will ever have to worry about being in a position to make that choice.

Yeah. Hell would freeze over (Boston would still suck in comparison).

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't understand the Clipper stigma. It's like no matter what players they get, who owns them, they still can't win.

On paper they're one of the best teams in the NBA. On the court they're second rate.

I gave them a real shot this season. It looks like it's going to be business as usual.

Thats the problem. Rosters on paper and on court product are two different things. We as Laker fans should know because we've had rosters that on paper looked like they would dominate but instead ended up disappointing or underachieving. When you are dealing with people, you never know how well they can get along. Thats why chemistry matters. Clippers as far as most people can see have all the talent in the world, but as a team the chemistry just isn't there. You have mental midgets that quit in the playoffs and/or just can't put it into the next gear when they are faced with adversity.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
They are probably the least likeable team in the NBA.

This
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thats the problem. Rosters on paper and on court product are two different things. We as Laker fans should know because we've had rosters that on paper looked like they would dominate but instead ended up disappointing or underachieving. When you are dealing with people, you never know how well they can get along. Thats why chemistry matters. Clippers as far as most people can see have all the talent in the world, but as a team the chemistry just isn't there. You have mental midgets that quit in the playoffs and/or just can't put it into the next gear when they are faced with adversity.

They're like the Portland Trailblazers during our first championship run with Shaq and Kobe. They're a very talented team with players of questionable character who happened to peak in an era that has better teams.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

No way in hell would I ever root for the Celtics in the Finals EVER. We're trying to catch up to them we're only 1 behind that would only further the gap. I would even root for LeBron over the Clippers if that were to happen but NEVER the Celtics.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

No way in hell would I ever root for the Celtics in the Finals EVER. We're trying to catch up to them we're only 1 behind that would only further the gap. I would even root for LeBron over the Clippers if that were to happen but NEVER the Celtics.

I meant what I said. I hate the Clippers. Hate, hate, hate the Clippers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I'm a Laker fan who feels we're even. For some reason one the championships won by the Minneapolis Lakers isn't counted.

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think people keep overrating their roster on here. I thought they might take the next step with the offseason signings they made, but Pierce is an old man and the other guys they picked up aren't special. Lance Stephenson? Meh.

On paper they are a great offensive team, not a great defensive team. And I think Golden State, San Antonio, OKC and Cleveland all look better than them on paper. The Clippers are right where they should be at 4th in the West.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yeah Boston winning #17 in 2008 hurt because it made it much harder to catch them. I wouldn't want to see them win another one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: