How many Laker fan are rooting for Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you root for Clippers to win
YES
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
NO
40%
 40%  [ 29 ]
SOMETIMES
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
DON'T WATCH CLIPPER GAMES
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
HAD TO PUT THIS IN (EFF THE CLIPPERS) I THINK THIS WILL WIN
34%
 34%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 72

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I meant what I said. I hate the Clippers. Hate, hate, hate the Clippers.

I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding. You hate the Clippers, right?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject:

One good thing about the clips is that playoff tickets are really cheap. I got pretty good seats when they played TIMMAH! and the Spurs last year.

!...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding. You hate the Clippers, right?

Apart from all of the reasons that one could justifiably hate the Clippers, I think the whole DeAndre Jordan fiasco last offseason is what really set me off. The guy reneging on a deal during the moratorium was bad enough. And it wasn't just that...the Clippers mocking Dallas after that really inflames my senses. That was so incomprehensibly immature. Yes, we're one championship behind Boston, but I still feel like we're the greatest franchise in NBA history based on our overall body of work. I do not want to see the Clippers celebrating an NBA title. Just do not want to see it.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
One good thing about the clips is that playoff tickets are really cheap. I got pretty good seats when they played TIMMAH! and the Spurs last year.

Sounds good, it'll be pretty wonderful to go to a playoff game and watch them choke. I'll probably wear a random Jerry Stackhouse jersey from 1995.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject:

This is a trick question. Any laker fan who roots for the clips isn't really a laker fsn.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
I would rather root for Lou Gehrig's Disease.

If Lou was a clipper, then yes. But dimaggio was the Yankee clipper.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Apart from all of the reasons that one could justifiably hate the Clippers, I think the whole DeAndre Jordan fiasco last offseason is what really set me off. The guy reneging on a deal during the moratorium was bad enough. And it wasn't just that...the Clippers mocking Dallas after that really inflames my senses. That was so incomprehensibly immature. Yes, we're one championship behind Boston, but I still feel like we're the greatest franchise in NBA history based on our overall body of work. I do not want to see the Clippers celebrating an NBA title. Just do not want to see it.

It's a toss-up between Clippers/Houston as to which team has more hate-able roster. Between flopping, the front-running, the jack-assery on the bench...both teams are utterly detestable.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject:

I wonder how many people here are rooting for the Warriors. I get that they are really entertaining and actually won something, but I do think there is a little too much love for that team. There was a Laker fan at Staples who got caught on camera taking off a Laker jersey and he had a Warriors jersey underneath and I thought that was embarrassing and it was too much.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

They're on track to play the Warriors in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Even if they somehow manage to get through them I don't see them beating the Cavs or Bulls in a 7-game series.

If I read it correctly, they'll only be about $10 million under the projected salary cap this summer if they don't re-sign Crawford and Mbah a Moute, or exercise Lance's TO. Aldrich and Wes have POs and it will be a player's market this summer. Their bench is likely going to be devastated and they can't expect much help in the draft.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I wonder how many people here are rooting for the Warriors. I get that they are really entertaining and actually won something, but I do think there is a little too much love for that team. There was a Laker fan at Staples who got caught on camera taking off a Laker jersey and he had a Warriors jersey underneath and I thought that was embarrassing and it was too much.

I'm pulling for the Warriors. Steph is a breath of fresh air. Luke has always been on my favorite Lakers list.

Even if the Lakers had any chance at all I'd still pull for them to win when they weren't playing us. I want to witness basketball history, 73 wins. I won't live long enough to see the Lakers do it, GO DUBS.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I don't hate the Clippers, I'll root for them against most of the rest of the league. The whining gets old though.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I'm pulling for the Warriors. Steph is a breath of fresh air. Luke has always been on my favorite Lakers list.

Even if the Lakers had any chance at all I'd still pull for them to win when they weren't playing us. I want to witness basketball history, 73 wins. I won't live long enough to see the Lakers do it, GO DUBS.

You, I & a whole host of others concur. This is something that's lost on the folks who think many who dislike LeBron do so simply because he steals attention from Kobe's accomplishments. Most dislike LeBron because he seemed like a douche from the jump. But Steph? Most have no issues rooting for the kid because he is just as you stated - A breath of fresh air. I hope he keeps it up for at least the next decade, and wouldn't mind one bit to see him crush some of Kobe's records. Definitely rooting for that kid to continue growing his game!
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You, I & a whole host of others concur. This is something that's lost on the folks who think many who dislike LeBron do so simply because he steals attention from Kobe's accomplishments. Most dislike LeBron because he seemed like a douche from the jump. But Steph? Most have no issues rooting for the kid because he is just as you stated - A breath of fresh air. I hope he keeps it up for at least the next decade, and wouldn't mind one bit to see him crush some of Kobe's records. Definitely rooting for that kid to continue growing his game!

51 for Curry tonight on 19-28 shooting, including 11-16 from downtown.

Is that good?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Is that good?

I saw a team that wants to win and if records fall so be it. They didn't force the ball to Curry to allow him to tie the 12 3 pointers in a game. As a fan I wanted it to happen. I wanted to see the record broken.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Is that good?

Nailing 3 pointer after 3 pointer to keep his team in it and get the win is very Kobe'esque. The kid was ballin tonite and it was a thing of beauty! I'm hoping his body holds up and we get to enjoy him for at least the next decade! I'd luv to see him going from arena to arena getting MVP chants someday. He's an easy guy to root for, and he's earned it!
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
lakershead22
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I answered EFF the clippers.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject:

One thing I love about the Clippers though.

Their best season ever is a second round exit.

Bahahahahhaahhahah!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Their trouble has to be internal. I'm going to put the onus on Doc. The talent is there.

What made John Wooden, John Wooden, Phil Jackson, Phil Jackson, was they got the most out of the talent they had. Their biggest assets, the ability to control, get the max from divas. e.g. Jabbar and Walton, MJ, Rodman, Pippen,

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Curry could have tied or broken the 12 3 points in a game, he had 11. Steve blames himself, he didn't know the record or that Curry was that close to it. He said if he had known he would have called more plays for him.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

I had to answer no, though while I don't root for the Clippers, I also don't root against them. Sometimes I catch parts of their games on TV. If by some chance the Lakers aren't in the Finals (waits for laughter to stop) as usual I will be pulling for the Spurs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I had to answer no, though while I don't root for the Clippers, I also don't root against them. Sometimes I catch parts of their games on TV. If by some chance the Lakers aren't in the Finals (waits for laughter to stop) as usual I will be pulling for the Spurs.

My nephew, a Morehouse Man, would definitely be a friend of yours. He lives in New Jersey, a die hard Spurs fan. I'm pulling for the Spurs also.

fredthered
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

nope
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

Cuck the Flippers !
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Hell no. I've hated the Clippers for years and these recent Clippers squads sure as (bleep) aren't quelling my dislike for them. Blake, CP3, and Deandre are annoying divas. Pierce and Rivers are Celtic scum.

Hopefully they get ousted in the round one, or demolished by the Warriors in round two.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Definitely too much Warrior love, like you said I get they're a fun team but people are actually rooting for them to beat Laker records? that's insane
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: