Byron Scott is becoming a Cancer to the Youth especially one D'Angelo Russell
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Byron Scott is becoming a Cancer to the Youth especially one D'Angelo Russell

I have never witnessed a coach who has so much disdain for young players, namely Of course Julius Randle but most especially D'Angelo Russell, in my entire history of watching the Lakers.

So much so that Byron has to go out of his way to find criticism in them when they play well, and the moment they have a bad game, pounces on them with a "see, I told you so" look of satisfaction.

D'Angelo Russell especially can not get a break from this man.

When Russell led the Lakers to a near comeback against the Clippers what did Byron say? It was Huertas who was the catalyst and who deserves the game ball.

When Russell averaged 19.5 points and shot 73% in a stretch, Byron says he was just "okay" but that the defensive end is what really matters.

When Russell tried to take over a game, Byron sat him down and let Huertas and Nick Young do the taking over, commenting he didn't think Russell shouldn't be doing that yet.

And tonight when Russell had a bad shooting night, Byron pounced sonfas with a post game he seemingly had been waiting to have for weeks calling Russell's game "very, very bad and way too lazy."

What kind of head coach does this to their 19 year old rookie? What kind of lesson are you teaching him by kicking your young rookie when he's down, or giving backhanded compliments when he plays really well? Would it kill Byron to say something nice and leave it at that instead of always trying to find fault?

That's not coaching. That's being detrimental to the growth of your future star. That's being a Cancer.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Yeah this really deserved its own tread.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Yeah this really deserved its own tread.

Treading on this thread?
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Byron won't be around long. Don't worry. Right now it's all going to plan. BEN SIMMONS BABY WE COMIN!!!
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject:

This is why I want Byron out now, instead of next summer.

@SI_LeeJenkins

The good about Byron: Lakers may keep this year's pick. The bad: They may ruin last year's pick.

https://twitter.com/si_leejenkins/status/664302722380730368
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm not even gonna complain about how many threads say the same thing already, instead I think it just reflects how many of us are seeing the same exact thing. Unfortunately, every criticism from Jordan-esque is accurate. I've never seen a worse coach in any sport.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject:

Becoming? He already is

When he was being considered for coach, and a few people on LG were posting about how cleveland had to get rid of the bad habbits that Kyrie had supposedly picked up under Byron scott, LG waved it off as nah that's just kyrie

Well no, it's byron.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject:

Byron is a cancer to my basketball viewing
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject:

I dug Byron as a player. Thought with the success he had in New Orleans and the Nets he'd be good for this team. But he's been terrible. The worst Lakers coach in my lifetime, by a wide margin. He's sucking the fun out of the season.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject:

Even '13-'14, with no one in particular besdies Pau to root for, I still caught quite a few games.

This year, we have a promising core of 4-5 young guys + my favorite player's last hurrah... and I can't be arsed to watch.

"Sucking the fun out of the season" is absolutely right.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject:

Russell needs a coach he can learn from, help him develop in to the best possible player he can be and get his confidence up etc. Some of the things Byron has said about Russell this season haven't made any sense. Look at Russell's quotes after the last game he's being the bigger person between the two.

Everyone knows the Lakers aren't going to make the playoffs this season and the main focus should be about developing this young group of players. People might say because it's Kobe's farewell tour it's not possible, that is just being naive it is possible.

Russell should be starting every game for the Lakers from now until the end of the season unless he's injured. He's the player who could be here for the next ten plus years where Byron is hopefully gone by the end of this season.

Byron isn't the coach to take this team forward, his old school approach might work for some players but the likes of Russell and Randle don't benefit from it.

The Lakers shouldn't be worrying about tanking and the draft pick because there is a chance the 76ers will get it. Developing this group of players and making sure Kobe has a good send off should be the main aim. I'm not expecting the Lakers to win many games which I accept and know the Lakers are going to lose a lot of games this season but the young players should be playing as much as possible.

I know Russell is confident about his ability and talks about it in interviews etc but getting dropped earlier this season, Byron's comments about him, not playing in the 4th quarter etc must affect him at times in a negative way.

Russell should be allowed to try and take control of the team on the court and try to take over games, he's the point guard of the team arguably the most important position.

Some might say Russell will never be an All Star etc but anyone can see he's very talented and could be a very good player one day. Mitch and co must believe this because they wouldn't have took him with last year's draft pick.

In a way I just want this season to be over or Byron to be replaced for the sake of the young players e.g. Russell, Randle etc. I just think it would be best for the Lakers and the development of the young players if Byron wasn't the coach, he isn't the right coach for the Lakers. Him being a former player shouldn't matter, I'm not saying he's a bad coach or anything, he's just not the coach to take this team forward.

With Kobe retiring at the end of the season and the Lakers won't have a big franchise player which Kobe has been for many years, I know we might get one through free agency. But if you had to pick a player out of all the young players the Lakers have got on their roster at the moment, Russell is the one who looks like they could be that next big franchise player one day.

I understand he's going to have bad games for the Lakers, he's a rookie at the end of the day it's understandable but what is best for his development is to be starting and getting more minutes on the court this season.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject:

Seriously. Can we get a coach who can at least develop players while tanking?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject:

He's got this...

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2011/06/24/119480-metta-world-peace.jpg

Can't be any worse than Byron at this rate?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject:

Parking Brake has got the kid shook. At least Randle had the chance to get back in the starting lineup after Nance went down with injury. But tonight was a perfect opportunity to give the kid a little shot of confidence with Lou out, but instead went with Kobe/ABrown (who managed to get us into a major deficit right away).

Just sad how he seems to zero in on DLO.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject:

Sadly, I think Byron already is a cancer to Russell's development.

Lakers' FO has yet to step in, something that even the Cavs FO did with Kyrie by giving Byron an ultimatum to tone down his offensive schemes.

That quote by Lee Jenkins is frightening because you can see it start to happen.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject:

I'd rather have Donald Sterling as an owner than Byron as a coach, that's how bad he is.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

Is Scott just trying to get canned instead of resigning so he gets his guaranteed salary for next year? He'd get it anyways. I mean the Lakers probably have a separate insurance fund for all the coaches they've fired recently.

All-Star break would be a great time to part with Byron. It's not about the Tank, or wins/losses, etc. He's really damaging DLO.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I'd rather have Donald Sterling as an owner than Byron as a coach, that's how bad he is.

Jim buss is the reincarnation of Donald sterling and Mitch slowly and slowly turning into Elgin Baylor as gm
gorila
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

DLO should be starting and ending games, he should be treated as a starter

Why on earth is byron not doing that? Does he have something personal against russell?

Why hasn't mitch and the buss family sat down and talk about this situation with Scott?

Do they not care about basketball?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

Frankly, the scene that comes to mind with me about Byron/DLO/Kobe:

Byron is the Emperor.

Kobe is Darth Vader.

DLO is Luke.

Byron is just killing DLO with electricity while Kobe is standing there watching his son die. After a few dramatic moments, Kobe says enough and throws Byron down the hole.

That's what we need. Kobe needs to stand up for the kid or Byron is going to kill him.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Byron is the Emperor.

Kobe is Darth Vader.

DLO is Luke.

Byron is just killing DLO with electricity while Kobe is standing there watching his son die. After a few dramatic moments, Kobe says enough and throws Byron down the hole.

That's what we need. Kobe needs to stand up for the kid or Byron is going to kill him.

Who's Han Solo and Princess Leia in this metaphor? Clarkson and Randle?
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

As I said in another thread the other day. If what is being reported on these tweets is correct then the FO should be proactive and intervene. maybe they have.. if not D'Angelo and Randle should march their butts up to Mitch and Jimmy's office and air out their concerns with them. When its being reported that your future PG has no idea what he needs to do to improve in the eyes of his coach, that means their is a communication breakdown. Half way through the season the coach's communication and expectation for his players should be transparent.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

FIRE BYRON SCOTT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AncientMariner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Byron is the Emperor.

Kobe is Darth Vader.

DLO is Luke.

Who's Han Solo and Princess Leia in this metaphor? Clarkson and Randle?

The only thing that matters is Roy Hibbert is Chewy.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
FIRE BYRON SCOTT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: