David Alridge reports D'angelo Russell has no idea what to ask Byron in order to improve and is completely lost as a point guard
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: David Alridge reports D'angelo Russell has no idea what to ask Byron in order to improve and is completely lost as a point guard

Quote:

Drew Garrison
‏@DrewGarrisonSBN
So Aldridge just said D'Angelo has no idea what to ask Byron in order to improve and is completely lost as a point guard currently. Amazing.

Wow. Byron should be fired today.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject:

Byron reminds me of the JV high school coaches I had who were so (bleep) stupid that you just felt like quitting.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Byron reminds me of the JV high school coaches I had who were so (bleep) stupid that you just felt like quitting.

most JV and HS coaches where just coaching for extra check and admittedly knew nothing whats Byron's excuse

I cant believe this is being allowed to go on all i can say to calm myself is just 34 more games and he better be gone
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject:

I'm telling you, Byron is really setting this kid up for failure. DLO has made mistakes, but he's the 19 year old and Byron is the damn COACH.

Without talking with him and coaching him, really a wasted and rudderless year for him. Despite that, still putting up 12/4/3...simply amazing.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

when Russell breaks out next year Byron will be on TWC claiming see my tough love worked
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject:

I was taking a dump and heard this from the other room, one of the most mind numbingly, preposterous, stupid, unbelievable things I've ever heard.

Then I thought about it, and more likely, Russell is smart enough to know not ask Byron any questions because he's an absolute moron and it's not 1985.

Also, Russell is clearly not a point guard. Sure, he can handle and pass, but he's a score-first player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
I was taking a dump and heard this from the other room, one of the most mind numbingly, preposterous, stupid, unbelievable things I've ever heard.

Then I thought about it, and more likely, Russell is smart enough to know not ask Byron any questions because he's an absolute moron and it's not 1985.

Also, Russell is clearly not a point guard. Sure, he can handle and pass, but he's a score-first player.

If he's a scoring guard, well, Byron took him out of games when he "tries to take over" by scoring. So yeah, Byron is really F'ing with his mind.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

I think what you're seeing is more of a change in the NBA/PG landscape though. A lot of the younger point guards are like that. They look to score and then pass if a better opportunity is available. Curry is like that.

I think the old school way was to look to pass and then score as a last resort.

To me, DLO looks very much in the mold of a Curry (not saying he'll be Curry) and to me Steph is very much a PG.

Oh, and this is why signing a vet PG would have been better than signing Lou. Get someone who can spend time with DLO and teach him what he doesn't know he doesn't know.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject:

Rudy T., Mike Brown, Mike D'Antoni, Byron Scott = Jim Buss's proven track record of failure.

Until Jim is removed, the Lakers will continue to lose the luster to attract quality free agents, lose out on potential trades and just plain lose each and every season.

Jim Bush needs to go as the decision maker for this organization.

As for Byron Scott, not only is he not helping the young players grow, he is actually damaging them.

Its just not working with Jimmy running things off the court and Byron running things on the court.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Rudy T., Mike Brown, Mike D'Antoni, Byron Scott = Jim Buss's proven track record of failure.

Until Jim is removed, the Lakers will continue to lose the luster to attract quality free agents, lose out on potential trades and just plain lose each and every season.

Jim Bush needs to go as the decision maker for this organization.

As for Byron Scott, not only is he not helping the young players grow, he is actually damaging them.

Its just not working with Jimmy running things off the court and Byron running things on the court.

You think Jim deters free agents, but Donald Sterling didn't?

I'm pretty down on the FO right now, but, as is common these days, I think you're overplaying his impact on the FA market.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

I don't blame Byron nearly as much as I blame Mitch and Jim. Yes, I said Mitch's name first. Mitch needs to have a sit down with these kids and assure them they are part of the team's long terms plans and that Byron is not.

That should basically be the gist of the conversation....and now go out there and play hard.

Jim shouldn't be a part of the long term plans either, but I leave that ball in Jeanie's court to do what needs to be done.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

It's like condoning an abusive parent. Scott is really and singlehandedly messing with DLO. And all we can say to the Golden Child is, "hey, just take it. He'll be gone...maybe."
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's like condoning an abusive parent. Scott is really and singlehandedly messing with DLO. And all we can say to the Golden Child is, "hey, just take it. He'll be gone...maybe."

The kids aren't blameless, there is some learning they can do here...I want to be on their side on this though, I think Byron is the bigger ass here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

K28 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The kids aren't blameless, there is some learning they can do here...I want to be on their side on this though, I think Byron is the bigger ass here.

Sure. But the kid is a kid. DLO is still a teenager, yet Scott is acting more like one than he is.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

If he's a scoring guard, well, Byron took him out of games when he "tries to take over" by scoring. So yeah, Byron is really F'ing with his mind.

From watching the games and post game interviews. It seems like Scott has a low opinion of DLO.
But just a half year ago Scott said this
Quote:
Instead, Scott called Russell “special” and “the best player in the draft” after he posted 19.3 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.0 assists while shooting 41 percent from 3-point range as a freshman with the Buckeyes.

“... I just think D’Angelo has a chance to be a superstar.”
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20150625/nba-draft-lakers-byron-scott-says-dangelo-russell-could-be-a-superstar

I've heard of opinions "evolving". But when I compare his comments back then and the way he coaches/comments on DLO right now. Seems like a a complete 180.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject:

And I could care less what Scott thinks. He loved Price over Clarkson last year for crying out loud, and trotted RKelly at SF for vast stretches.

He's just trying to prolong his NBA coaching career. This is probably the last one he'll ever get.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

K28 wrote:
I don't blame Byron nearly as much as I blame Mitch and Jim. Yes, I said Mitch's name first. Mitch needs to have a sit down with these kids and assure them they are part of the team's long terms plans and that Byron is not.

That should basically be the gist of the conversation....and now go out there and play hard.

Jim shouldn't be a part of the long term plans either, but I leave that ball in Jeanie's court to do what needs to be done.

While it is probably obvious to the youth, I don't know if Mitch would actually tell them to be patient because Byron's tenure will be ending shortly.

It appears there hasn't been much communication among the three factions (FO, Byron and Players) before, so for Mitch to insert himself into the mix now would be wonky.

The FO should have established guidelines in the offseason for Byron to follow. The announcement about intentions to increase the usage of analytics and assigning Moser to a new position has been PR Smoke by the organization.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

The best PGs in this league score first, that's not really the issue.

Byron's just an idiot.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
And I could care less what Scott thinks. He loved Price over Clarkson last year for crying out loud, and trotted RKelly at SF for vast stretches.

He's just trying to prolong his NBA coaching career. This is probably the last one he'll ever get.

So you think Scott is trying to deflect blame from himself by sabotaging DLO? Not a loaded question. Just trying to clarify.
To me it seems like Scott's coaching future is tied to the progression of the young players this year (DLO included).
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
when Russell breaks out next year Byron will be on TWC claiming see my tough love worked

Yeah I can see BS saying that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So you think Scott is trying to deflect blame from himself by sabotaging DLO? Not a loaded question. Just trying to clarify.
To me it seems like Scott's coaching future is tied to the progression of the young players this year (DLO included).

There is no coaching future for him. I think he knows it's over. Yes, he's ALWAYS deflected blame to his player throughout his career.

he could care less about DLO's future b/c his coaching future is probably done after this season. No team after witnessing him will hire him at the NBA level.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

Byron makes the past two coaching failures look like genius moves.

He is good at nothing but deflecting all blame on the players, esp the young guys. He has nothing to tell Russell because he's not a coach. Russell seems to be begging to be coach but instead this goof is stuck in his ways in thinking that rookies shouldn't talk just listen.

The sooner he's gone the sooner the young guys can be taught. And pease don't hire him on TWC

By the way whatever came from the meeting he was suppose to have with management about developing?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject:

I AM SO TIRED OF BYRON SCOTT

Literally every time I login to LG there's a news headline where his stupidity as a coach grows.

It's SO FRUSTRATING.

He needs to go NOW
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject:

The way the Lakers have allowed Byron to handle D'Angelo, its very believable that they're willing to shop him. If Russell was their future, I can't see how they would allow this.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

Blame the front office not Byron, he is what he is. Lakers are trying to have loyalty to BS, for idiotic reasons. The Buss kids are a joke.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13
Jump to: