Keyshawn Johnson out at ESPN; Charles Woodson possible replacement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Keyshawn Johnson out at ESPN; Charles Woodson possible replacement

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/29/keyshawn-johnson-out-at-espn/

Quote:
Keyshawn Johnson out at ESPN

In a move that has been expected for so long that it feels like it already happened a long time ago, former NFL receiver Keyshawn Johnson is out at ESPN after nine years with the network.

According to Richard Deitsch of SI.com, ESPN opted not to renew Johnson’s contract.

Johnson arrived with a Tiki Barber-style flourish, with suggestions that he’d be “at the forefront” of both ESPN and ABC with consideration for a role as a fill in on the Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa show. So, basically, Michael Strahan became what Tiki and Keyshawn never quite could become, which surely drives both of them nuts.

The departure of Johnson suggests that ESPN already has decided on a replacement, and it quite possibly could be future Hall of Fame cornerback Charles Woodson.

Deitsch adds that the contracts of Chris Berman and Mike Ditka are believed to be expiring after the 2016 season. It’s hard to imagine Berman leaving ESPN at this point; many in the industry believe that Trey Wingo has been waiting for years for the spot to open up.

Some will suggest that ESPN is holding a spot at the desk for Peyton Manning, but if he goes into TV he seems to be destined to analyze games for one of the major networks. And then to become the president of one of the major networks within a year or so.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

Chris Berman is a loud, overweight, greasy know-nothing and Mike Ditka no longer makes human sounds when he speaks. I try not to watch those pregame shows often, but when I see those two, I'm always amazed that they are still employed. Who in their right mind wants to watch them? Keyshawn wasn't that bad.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Chris Berman is a loud, overweight, greasy know-nothing and Mike Ditka no longer makes human sounds when he speaks. I try not to watch those pregame shows often, but when I see those two, I'm always amazed that they are still employed. Who in their right mind wants to watch them? Keyshawn wasn't that bad.

Even though I don't like Keyshawn he wasn't really as bad as some of the other people that still work at that network I still remember the commercial he did with Kobe and Stuart Scott his rookie year for ESPN.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

I liked Keyshawn, I thought he did a great job. He will still get gigs, look for him to land locally in LA doing something.

I also like Berman, he is OK as long as they don't let him do any play by play for actual games.

Ditka is past his shelf life, but again I don't mind him and find him somewhat amusing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Keyshawn should have stayed hooked up with Serena. They would have produced a super human athlete.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I liked Keyshawn, I thought he did a great job. He will still get gigs, look for him to land locally in LA doing something.

I also like Berman, he is OK as long as they don't let him do any play by play for actual games.

Ditka is past his shelf life, but again I don't mind him and find him somewhat amusing.

Berman is fine when he's doing recaps.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

HE COULD GO ALL THE WAY

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Berman is fine when he's doing recaps.

Yes I agree in that way he is iconic "Da Bears" "Raidahs"
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject:

ESPN behind TNT in basketball and clearly doesn't compare to the NFL Network's coverage. Love the combination of Faulk, Sanders and Irvin. A football version of Inside the NBA
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Berman needs to not do the home run derby anymore. Ever.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

Key will probably be on the NFL Network
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject:

I admit to not being fond of Keyshawn but as an analyst he didn't bother me compared to the others.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/12/charles-woodson-lands-in-keyshawns-seat-at-espn/#comments

Quote:
Charles Woodson lands in Keyshawn’s seat at ESPN

When word emerged that ESPN would part ways with Keyshawn Johnson after nine years with Sunday NFL Countdown, it was believed they already knew who would take his place. And Charles Woodson was believed to be on the short list.

He was. And he’s now on the even shorter list. Woodson has the job, according to Jason McIntyre of TheBigLead.com.

The 1997 Heisman winner (beating out the likes of Peyton Manning and Randy Moss), Woodson retired last month after 18 NFL seasons with the Raiders, Packers, and Raiders again.

Per McIntyre, Woodson will join the current cast of Chris Berman, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, and Cris Carter. However, many in the industry expect the lineup to last only one year, with even more changes coming in 2017 as the network tries to unload bloated salaries and simultaneously skew younger.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Berman on Primetime was great back in the days and probably still would watch him do that only. thats about it. does he do any other shows?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: