This is a KG thought, but please here me out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: This is a KG thought, but please here me out

As we have watched are Lakers navigate throught the season as a young team making mistakes, playing inconsistent, and playing down to the competition we all notice the same things. We have the greatest player in game KB8 who's not getting younger, the greatest coach in the game (3 yr contract), and role players who seem to be either short of confidence, weak hearted, or are just OK/bad players. I believe that we cannot be stupid and waste the talents and time of Kobe & Phil and the Lakers must work faster and harder to take advantage of what they have. In Minnesota you have a very familiar situation a average team around a superstar who is getting older, and like us they are falling, getting blow out of games and also need to make a change. We have heard that there are possible problems between KG & Mchale, and looking at KG #'s in last few weeks I think he is started to say something-TRADE ME!! I think we have to do whatever we can and push for a deal to get him, it makes sense basketball wise for both teams; we are pushing to go the next level with are greats and they seem to be rebuilding on the fly (trades recently). On Real GM.com I was able to make this trade work-I'm sure theres other alternatives but this is gamble I would take:

LA Lakers Outgoing:
Lamar Odom (SF/PF)
Devean George(SF)
Chris Mihm(C)

LA Lakers Incoming:
Kevin Garnett(PF)
Ronald Dupree(SF)
Bracey Wright(PG)

We get KG with Kobe and are able to still infuse some young athletic pieces and yes we will still are some players away, but the city, league will be buzzing. I don't think situation is as far fetched as people think it is, and I still believe that Phil Jackson did not come back without a promise that the Lakers would bring in stars at almost any cost. In 2007/2008 we should worry about rebuilding, not then going out retrieve possible stars, we have to take advantage of what we have now!

Go Lakers

-sorry if I wasted your time-
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject:

IMHO if this trade was all it would take, KG would already be a laker. mchale will want odom AND bynum as a starting ground, and even then with his celtic green envy, he'd still probably not make the trade.

my hope, and i believe our only hope, is for KG to specifically demand a trade to LA.

there are a few things i open the sports section for with the hopes of:

miami losing. (obvious reasons)
clippers losing. (smack talking little brothers need to be put in their place)
wolves losing, bad. (so KG will get pissed enough to demand the trade.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

I think the only way KG is traded is if he demands it, and its not in his nature. But who knows.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject:

Wolves will never trade KG within their confrence. KG aint never gonna demand a trade, hes too loyal for that.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Wolves will never trade KG within their confrence. KG aint never gonna demand a trade, hes too loyal for that.

RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject:

If you read yesterdays comments by KG after the game (hoopshype.com) he is getting very frustrated. KG can demand a trade in his conference, and the Wolves owe it to him to push him to a place of success; he built that franchise.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Tell me why Minny does this? If they trade KG, they would demand a young stud or two, expirings in exchange for their long-term contracts and multiple draft picks. Kevin Mchale would rather fellate a hot iron than hand KG to us.
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

mike_kb wrote:
Tell me why Minny does this? If they trade KG, they would demand a young stud or two, expirings in exchange for their long-term contracts and multiple draft picks. Kevin Mchale would rather fellate a hot iron than hand KG to us.

Giving up three players in there mid 20's for a 30 year old KG is hardly handing him over. He takes up a huge part of there money and like Shaq is only going to decline in skill. Why wouldn't you think about that if you were the T-wolves?
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

KG still has 5 years of 20/10/5 left on him considering his work ethic. Comparing KG to Shaq who never cared to work out in the off-season is unfair to KG. Besides, you wouldn't trade Kobe for 3 rookies just because they are younger than him, would you?
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

We are not trading for KG with 3 rookies, plus Kobe is younger and has more basketball left than KG. Do you think Minny wants 18 and 10 (#'s going down) for the next 5yrs at 20 million plus a year? They would be getting tangible talent and not be financially as strapped as they are now. Minnestota is not the type of place that going to get mid-level exempt type players to build around an aging Garnett. I believe they had there run with him, and need to look to move on.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Ya lost me at "here me out"
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

i trade bynum if we can get kg.. simple as that.

at best, will bynum really be better than kg? i highly doubt it.

he might get a similar amount of rebounds and blocks.. but their scoring repertoire is on totally different levels.

at worst.. he'll be another stiff center.

i would take that gamble any day of the week.

plus, you can't factor out the passion that kg has for the game, as well as his drive and motivation. besides kobe, he is probably the most passionate guy out there.. maybe even moreso.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

plus, you can't factor out the passion that kg has for the game, as well as his drive and motivation. besides kobe, he is probably the most passionate guy out there.. maybe even moreso.

not only that they have similar frustration levels. Maybe KG a little more because his time is running out.
But they look similar out there on the court. Frustrated w/ teammates and in need of help.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Ok in a more serious response to your first post

I think you're roughly in the ballpark of the type of guys we'd give up.

They may even want LO, Bynum + Mihm.

At that point it actually gets sticky, because while that gets us KG it really
empties our chamber otherwise.

I've said before that I'd trade anyone outside of Kobe for KG.

I'll stick to that statement.

Kobe just entering his prime. Phil possibly here just two more years.

If you can get KG when he's still in part of his own prime, that's too
attractive a pairing not to at least attempt.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject:

IF we have ANY chance at KG its gonna come down to,give up bynum before he blossoms,or see kg and kb do damage now.which will mr.buss decide?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

he might get a similar amount of rebounds and blocks.. but their scoring repertoire is on totally different levels.

The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject:

It might take Odom, A-bomb, and draft picks to persuade McHale. McHale would likely refuse and have to be overruled by ownership. Even than McHale would likely quit his job before he let that happen.

Don't be fooled, McHale has a serious agenda against the Lakers. He had a chance to get Eddie and Elden Campbell in his prime for a player that was leaving his team anyways. He turned it down and hurt his team in order to sabbotage the Lakers. Funny thing is we ended up with Glen Rice who with his beautiful outside stroke helped us win the first of our three-peat. Googs got injured and never really played again.
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget Ron Artest.

Sage_10 wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

I think we've beaten the KG thing beyond death, but I'll chime in.

I'd love to see KG in purple and gold. We all know there has to be a chain of events. First Garnett must demand a trade to only the Lakers. McHale will take a bit lesser package from an east coast team to keep him from LA. This isn't because of the bad blood with Celts/Lakers, but you don't deal him to a rival that will be a dynasty unless he forces you to. Chicago has the best group of players in my opinion, and can get him if they pay the price.

After he demands LA, McHale will demand Bynum. Mitch will sit on it, and it wouldn't shock me if neither team budged and Garnett is still in Minnesota past the trade deadline. You'd have to look for a team that overvalues Lakers like Odom, Mihm, ect.. and look for a 3 way deal. I'm guessing that if you find a team that has a high pick in the draft, that would be willing to give up on the future for present help...that's where you'd look.

It will take youth, picks and a young big man to make a deal. I do agree that every step should be made to not have to deal Bynum, but I wouldn't let that be in the way of a Kobe/KG match. The thing that I love about KG is not just his stats, but at this point in his career he is hungry for a ring. He'd be willing to give way to Kobe as being the main man. I also thing he will grow old gracefully. As he gets older, he can bulk up and be something similar to what Karl Malone was late in his career. Maybe he won't be able to get around like he once did, but he'd be an excellent guy to run a screen and roll or hit a jumper. We all know Kobe has the best clutch fadeaway in the game, but KG's is totally unblockable. The only way to get a peice of it is to sneak up from behind.
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

The only way KG gets traded to us is if we give up Odom/Bynum/George and the miami 1st round pick.Doesnt KG have a clause in his contract where he can opt out of his contract in a year or two in his current contract extension he signed?

Let say the deal happens what is our roster ?

C: Mihm
PF Kwame
SF: KG
SG:Kobe
PG: Smush

Bench:
PF:Cook
PF:Turiaf
SF:Walton
PG:Hudson
SG:Sasha
SG:Green
SG:Wafer

That would leave us pretty thin at the PF and C positons where Mitch would have to build through the draft with second round picks and use the mid level and 1 million exceptions in the off season.That starting lineup I think would only get us to the WCF the first two years in Phil second run with the Lakers and by the 3rd year we'd have a legit shot at winning another championship if Mitch makes the right moves in the off season.

Also for the 2007 plan this trade would still keep us on track to land a big free agent in 2007 or 2008

Kwame after next season can be gone there goes 8 million off the books/

Cook after next season can be gone since we just picked his option for his 4th year.

Walton I know just signed a 2 year contract extension and could be gone in 2008.

Mihm I think his contract expires in 2007.

Smush's contract isnt that big

And last Brian Grants contract will be off the salary cap in 2007.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject:

I highly doubt KG will be placed at SF.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

look. so we get KG, and this is the new roster, and dont tell about us picking up others. if it were that simple, we would have those solid others now.

Kwame-Center(you guys think he sucks/ aka 3rd string center offensively, with starting center Defense on centers)

KG-PF / Cook

SF-Walton(you see how he's been looking lately, he still cant shoot)/Devean Green

SG-Kobe/Wafer

PG-Smush/Sasha

Mckie dont count, and neither does slava. nor does turiaf. because he hasn't played a game yet.

So ^^^thats the lineup. with the subs.

who subs in for KG off the bench or if KG goes down? Cook(not a bad backup, but a horrible backup if kg truly goes down for a few games)

so when walton is playing bad ball, injured, or tired is devean green ready to produce on offense? NO.

we still have the smush/sasha problem with their part of the pick and roll defense.

and who backs up Kwame when he's back making 20million mistakes, who takes his spot when he's tired or injured?

DO you see, the extreme dlimena we would be in, if we trade everything worth something but kobe. so great now, kg and kobe have to win every game alone. that what would happen. he would have to be your lo and your chris mihm. and your bynum for the future. no one man can sustain that. unless we're talking young shaq. SO.... NO DEAL. sorry cant give up the entire team for KG. just to get fans in the seat. nope
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject:

trade for Kevin Garnett and sign sebastian telfair next year
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject:

At some point, KG will realize the T-Wolves are rebuilding. He has been loyal, which is why they owe him. KG will think of his legacy. Mihm's value is increasing. Odom is the closest thing to KG there is. A trade seems possible. Wilt was traded. Kareem was traded. Anybody can be traded. Every season, KG's value goes down. He's wasting his talent on a Minnesota team that looks to miss the Playoffs.
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject:

?DAERHT GK REHTONA WOW
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: