This is a KG thought, but please here me out
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject:

I want KG as bad as you, but get over, he aint comin.
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
i trade bynum if we can get kg.. simple as that.

at best, will bynum really be better than kg? i highly doubt it.

he might get a similar amount of rebounds and blocks.. but their scoring repertoire is on totally different levels.

at worst.. he'll be another stiff center.

i would take that gamble any day of the week.

plus, you can't factor out the passion that kg has for the game, as well as his drive and motivation. besides kobe, he is probably the most passionate guy out there.. maybe even moreso.

look. so we get KG, and this is the new roster, and dont tell about us picking up others. if it were that simple, we would have those solid others now.

Kwame-Center(you guys think he sucks/ aka 3rd string center offensively, with starting center Defense on centers)

KG-PF / Cook

SF-Walton(you see how he's been looking lately, he still cant shoot)/Devean Green

SG-Kobe/Wafer

PG-Smush/Sasha

Mckie dont count, and neither does slava. nor does turiaf. because he hasn't played a game yet.

So ^^^thats the lineup. with the subs.

who subs in for KG off the bench or if KG goes down? Cook(not a bad backup, but a horrible backup if kg truly goes down for a few games)

so when walton is playing bad ball, injured, or tired is devean green ready to produce on offense? NO.

we still have the smush/sasha problem with their part of the pick and roll defense.

and who backs up Kwame when he's back making 20million mistakes, who takes his spot when he's tired or injured?

DO you see, the extreme dlimena we would be in, if we trade everything worth something but kobe. so great now, kg and kobe have to win every game alone. that what would happen. he would have to be your lo and your chris mihm. and your bynum for the future. no one man can sustain that. unless we're talking young shaq. SO.... NO DEAL. sorry cant give up the entire team for KG. just to get fans in the seat. nope

wow.. i could swear that's mitch typing, what with all the "i'm too scared to do anything" attitude.

it takes risks to be on the top.

i would much rather have 2 cornerstones in kobe and kg, and have to add in small role players..

rather than keep the role players, and try to fill in the franchise players.
obviously this is much tougher than the latter.

mitch seems to have this same mentality that everything will go wrong if he makes a move, so he takes the safe route, keeps the team in mediocrity, and then regrets not doing anything later.. because he has FOF - fear of failure.

jerry west would make a bold move like that. he has the cojones to see through all that and make the big acquisitions. he doesn't have a single all star in the starting lineup and yet they are going to make the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive year.

if he had a chance to join kg and kobe, you think he wouldn't do it? all you have to do is fill in a few role players and you got yourself a championship caliber team.

you would rather hold on to guys like odom and go nowhere for a long time, because it's the "safer" move?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
i trade bynum if we can get kg.. simple as that.

at best, will bynum really be better than kg? i highly doubt it.

he might get a similar amount of rebounds and blocks.. but their scoring repertoire is on totally different levels.

at worst.. he'll be another stiff center.

i would take that gamble any day of the week.

plus, you can't factor out the passion that kg has for the game, as well as his drive and motivation. besides kobe, he is probably the most passionate guy out there.. maybe even moreso.

look. so we get KG, and this is the new roster, and dont tell about us picking up others. if it were that simple, we would have those solid others now.

Kwame-Center(you guys think he sucks/ aka 3rd string center offensively, with starting center Defense on centers)

KG-PF / Cook

SF-Walton(you see how he's been looking lately, he still cant shoot)/Devean Green

SG-Kobe/Wafer

PG-Smush/Sasha

Mckie dont count, and neither does slava. nor does turiaf. because he hasn't played a game yet.

So ^^^thats the lineup. with the subs.

who subs in for KG off the bench or if KG goes down? Cook(not a bad backup, but a horrible backup if kg truly goes down for a few games)

so when walton is playing bad ball, injured, or tired is devean green ready to produce on offense? NO.

we still have the smush/sasha problem with their part of the pick and roll defense.

and who backs up Kwame when he's back making 20million mistakes, who takes his spot when he's tired or injured?

DO you see, the extreme dlimena we would be in, if we trade everything worth something but kobe. so great now, kg and kobe have to win every game alone. that what would happen. he would have to be your lo and your chris mihm. and your bynum for the future. no one man can sustain that. unless we're talking young shaq. SO.... NO DEAL. sorry cant give up the entire team for KG. just to get fans in the seat. nope

wow.. i could swear that's mitch typing, what with all the "i'm too scared to do anything" attitude.

it takes risks to be on the top.

i would much rather have 2 cornerstones in kobe and kg, and have to add in small role players..

rather than keep the role players, and try to fill in the franchise players.
obviously this is much tougher than the latter.

mitch seems to have this same mentality that everything will go wrong if he makes a move, so he takes the safe route, keeps the team in mediocrity, and then regrets not doing anything later.. because he has FOF - fear of failure.

jerry west would make a bold move like that. he has the cojones to see through all that and make the big acquisitions. he doesn't have a single all star in the starting lineup and yet they are going to make the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive year.

if he had a chance to join kg and kobe, you think he wouldn't do it? all you have to do is fill in a few role players and you got yourself a championship caliber team.

you would rather hold on to guys like odom and go nowhere for a long time, because it's the "safer" move?

why do we think west would trade MID season for kg, and drop everyone except for bryant? he's never done something like that.

the only off the wall trade, west did, that was an extreme gamble, was trading vlade for kobe.

but guess what else we already had around vlade. notice how he didn't trade vlade, eddie jones, nick, etc, etc. just to get kobe in the draft. he never has traded 3 pieces for 1 piece. NEVER.

so lets stop assuming thats what west would do.

its not about playing it safe. its about not making moves just cause you cant stand losing. like i said, so we make moves. and great, now KG and kobe are playing with NO ONE. so they are now playing 2 on 8(5starters+ other teams bench).

what do we have now on an average day with everyone healthy 3.5 against 8. i will admit that. but I aint trading my 1.5 to say i did something.

do you understand that?We made a bold move by drafting bynum, why in the world would i give up on him now? that isn't west-esk. now is it? thats like jerry making that move to get kobe, and trading kobe, eddie jones, and a filler to get someone else.

look, you want to shake things up. trade kobe for 3 guys then. seriously, since we just have to make a move to say we made one. and we all think mitch is to afraid. how about mitch giving up on building around kobe. and just trading the guy for 1 star, 1very good role player, and a solid bench guy. why not do that. then we can decide to keep L.O. or trade him and bynum, for another star. lets do that. but even then what will we have? 1 star(not super), and 2 solid guys, and the rest of what we currently have. which means nothing.

I;m sorry, i feel for mitch, because at the moment there isn't anything out there that fits. its either a salary issue or a player issue. So yes, I'll keep the team as is until next year this time. Stop beggin for us to be a championship team over night. it aint hapenning. stop dreaming. well you can dream, but just recognize thats what it is.... A DREAM.

NO ONE, builds a championship caliber team over night. period. You want to build a first round playoff team. go ahead, and see dont you look like the kings pre c-webb trade, and thats at best. always knocking on the door but just not good enough. I'm sorry folks, I'm not willing to force a trade to get to the offs, to get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round. if we get bounced. lets get bounced with these looks we have now. if we dont make it, and it seems we got a handle on who just aint going to cutt it. then star t making moves. until then. I'll have to live with these young guys going thru hollywood withdrawl.
AmoebaD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

>537<

This is a pure pipe scenario, but fairly amusing to think upon:

Bulls get Mihms and Odom

Wolves get Tyson Chandler and Kwame and Luol Deng and Slava and Miami 2006 pick and 2-3 2nd round picks (thank you Jumaine...!)

Lakers get KG and Heinrich and Maddog

Bulls replace Tyson's massive contract with Odom's massive contract and don't lose size nor skill per se because Odom, similar to Heinrich is someone with point guard skills, plus Mihms is a true center (albeit a true Backup center). They still have a really good shooting guard / off guard in Gordon and they have a defensive guard in Duhon. Odom's skills covers a little bit of what Tyson Chandler brought to the table plus they can use Sweetney now as a power forward than a Center per se. Odom would be their starting Small forward. It's an upgrade in the general sense that Odom is more valuable than Heinrich per se because of his size and sheer versatility. Luol Deng's scoring ability gets replaced by Mihms' and trading him opens up a little bit more playing time for Nocioni. Or perhaps they'd in this scenario rather trade Nocioni than Deng. Either way.

Wolves can now get rid of a disgruntled and aging (albeit a still extremely effective) KG for two young players in their early twenties (both came straight out of high school and in the same year and were picked 1 and 2 in the draft) who both have athleticism and some raw and burgeoning skill. Having one of the two is fairly effective some of the time, but having both of them should give you a very active and very muscular and strong and long front court. KG's contract is split in two and you get several draft picks to fill out any holes in your line-up with young college players. Deng helps to shore up their Small Forward spot and gives them a little bit of skill to go along with the athleticism of Kwame and Tyson. The draft picks can also be useful in a trade somewhere down the line or to package together to jump up in the draft. Slava helps them get rid of a little bit of salary plus they can waive him this year as he's not going to be coming back anyway because of the surgery. If it's too many players here then drop of Slava or some of the draft picks.

Lakers lose the playmaking ability of Odom and in turn lose their primary initiator but then replace that with a second skilled offensive / defensive guard to complement Kobe and act as initiator in the offense. You can still use Smush as the second guard in this starting line-up with Heinrich as the initiator and Kobe and KG at the wing / forward positions. HehHeh... of course this sort of dictates that Bynum be used at center but then, what better way to learn than a trial by fire...? Even if he messes up really bad at the beginning. If it starts to get his confidence down then you just switch KG to center or run Brian Cook in there or Turiaf and bring Bynum off the bench until he's ready.

KG is KG. He will easily replace all of Odom's rebounding, all of Kwame's defensive ability and add that extra scoring punch that's needed to complement Kobe and keep other teams off balance in that typical "Pick your poison" Who are you going to guard? scenario.

Maddog is for back-up center purposes (...and for dancing on the end of the platform at the victory parades at the end of June ).

In this scenario of course, 2007 plan is probably off the table.

You Can't Always Get What You Want
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
mike_kb wrote:
Tell me why Minny does this? If they trade KG, they would demand a young stud or two, expirings in exchange for their long-term contracts and multiple draft picks. Kevin Mchale would rather fellate a hot iron than hand KG to us.

Giving up three players in there mid 20's for a 30 year old KG is hardly handing him over. He takes up a huge part of there money and like Shaq is only going to decline in skill. Why wouldn't you think about that if you were the T-wolves?
Putting it that way, why would the Lakers do it? Look at the last time the Lakers tried to fill holes with HOF bound vets...
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

AmoebaD wrote:
>537<

This is a pure pipe scenario, but fairly amusing to think upon:

Bulls get Mihms and Odom

Wolves get Tyson Chandler and Kwame and Luol Deng and Slava and Miami 2006 pick and 2-3 2nd round picks (thank you Jumaine...!)

Lakers get KG and Heinrich and Maddog

Bulls replace Tyson's massive contract with Odom's massive contract and don't lose size nor skill per se because Odom, similar to Heinrich is someone with point guard skills, plus Mihms is a true center (albeit a true Backup center). They still have a really good shooting guard / off guard in Gordon and they have a defensive guard in Duhon. Odom's skills covers a little bit of what Tyson Chandler brought to the table plus they can use Sweetney now as a power forward than a Center per se. Odom would be their starting Small forward. It's an upgrade in the general sense that Odom is more valuable than Heinrich per se because of his size and sheer versatility. Luol Deng's scoring ability gets replaced by Mihms' and trading him opens up a little bit more playing time for Nocioni. Or perhaps they'd in this scenario rather trade Nocioni than Deng. Either way.

Wolves can now get rid of a disgruntled and aging (albeit a still extremely effective) KG for two young players in their early twenties (both came straight out of high school and in the same year and were picked 1 and 2 in the draft) who both have athleticism and some raw and burgeoning skill. Having one of the two is fairly effective some of the time, but having both of them should give you a very active and very muscular and strong and long front court. KG's contract is split in two and you get several draft picks to fill out any holes in your line-up with young college players. Deng helps to shore up their Small Forward spot and gives them a little bit of skill to go along with the athleticism of Kwame and Tyson. The draft picks can also be useful in a trade somewhere down the line or to package together to jump up in the draft. Slava helps them get rid of a little bit of salary plus they can waive him this year as he's not going to be coming back anyway because of the surgery. If it's too many players here then drop of Slava or some of the draft picks.

Lakers lose the playmaking ability of Odom and in turn lose their primary initiator but then replace that with a second skilled offensive / defensive guard to complement Kobe and act as initiator in the offense. You can still use Smush as the second guard in this starting line-up with Heinrich as the initiator and Kobe and KG at the wing / forward positions. HehHeh... of course this sort of dictates that Bynum be used at center but then, what better way to learn than a trial by fire...? Even if he messes up really bad at the beginning. If it starts to get his confidence down then you just switch KG to center or run Brian Cook in there or Turiaf and bring Bynum off the bench until he's ready.

KG is KG. He will easily replace all of Odom's rebounding, all of Kwame's defensive ability and add that extra scoring punch that's needed to complement Kobe and keep other teams off balance in that typical "Pick your poison" Who are you going to guard? scenario.

Maddog is for back-up center purposes (...and for dancing on the end of the platform at the victory parades at the end of June ).

In this scenario of course, 2007 plan is probably off the table.

This senario is alot better than the original posts simply because we keep Bynum and acquire Henrich. We could possibly win the next 3 championships before Kobe and KG got too old. But then, hopefully, Bynum grows into a big stud to take the burden off KB and KG. I can see the "KGB" posters already.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Why do people think KG is going down? Don't even worry about that. He's an ironman anyways.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: