Anthony Davis vs. Karl-Anthony Towns
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Based on what you've seen from both players so far in their NBA careers. Who will have a better NBA career?
Anthony Davis
61%
 61%  [ 19 ]
KAT
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 31

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Anthony Davis vs. Karl-Anthony Towns

Both players are early into their careers. But who do you think will go down in history as the better player when all is said and done?

They have tons of similarities. They are both Power Forward-Centers, drafted #1 from Kentucky, who are ideal big men in the modern NBA since they can spread the floor offensively, defend the rim defensively, and rebound on both ends of the floor.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject:

Imagine if the Lakers had Towns instead of Russell and Porzingis instead of Randle.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

its tricky cause anthony davis has yet to play more than 68 games in a year. can his frame remain healthy? if not..its KAT
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I am beginning to question Davis' toughness.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Corey78 wrote:

You should probably question New Orleans management for surrounding him with garbage.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Anthony Davis vs. Karl-Anthony Towns

kikanga wrote:
Both players are early into their careers. But who do you think will go down in history as the better player when all is said and done?

They have tons of similarities. They are both Power Forward-Centers, drafted #1 from Kentucky, who are ideal big men in the modern NBA since they can spread the floor offensively, defend the rim defensively, and rebound on both ends of the floor.

Towns is good but Davis was a one man wrecking machine at Kentucky. Anthony Davis is already there with the NBA elite players. They just need to build a better team around him.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Imagine if the Lakers had Towns instead of Russell and Porzingis instead of Randle.

Yesterday a dude told I'm here since 2001 but didn't use to post about Shaq, Kobe, Pau, Lamar, even Drew ... man, good times, even the feuds were funny and I was never about to cry watching a Laker game in deep disgust the way I'm now. That frontcourt would be insane, I had really high expectations for this draft and I'm sure front office had ways to trade up and grab KAT, but they were not looking for a big and went for the best guard available. We never had a shot at those those two, but could and should at least have one impact player after two tanking seasons. I can live with all the arguments, but a 9 win record is too little even for a Scott team, our roster sucks. I feel sorry about all the Pau Gasol blaming, those guys have to live with our all scrub team.

Last edited by nash on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yesterday a dude told I'm here since 2001 but didn't use to post about Shaq, Kobe, Pau, Lamar, even Drew ... man, good times, even the feuds were fun and I was never about to cry watching a Laker game in deep disgust the way I'm now. That frontcourt would be insane, I had really high expectations for this draft and I'm sure front office had ways to trade up and grab KAT, but they were not looking for a big and went for the best guard available. We never had a shot at those those two, but could and should at least have one impact player after two tanking seasons. I can live with all the arguments, but a 9 win record is too little even for a Scott team, our roster sucks. I feel sorry about all the Pau Gasol blaming, those guys have to live with our all scrub team.

How where we going to trade up for KAT when Minny was dead set on him?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject:

A little early - as Towns is still only a rookie. Rookie vs rookie, Towns has looked just as good.

However I think I go with Davis due to the potential. Davis' has physical tools and a level he can reach, or reached last year, that I don't envision Towns reaching.

I think Towns will be a 18/12/3/2 type of guy. A bigger, better Al Horford or Sheed without being a head case. Davis has the ability to be the best big in basketball and his athleticism really puts him on a different level. He can be the Dwight of this era, the guy that can lead a team to the Finals as the big man. They should get him to go back to playing more physical and relying more on shots closer to the basket though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Corey78 wrote:

You should probably question New Orleans management for surrounding him with garbage.

I'm sensing a KG era Wolves in the making.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:

I'd offer our top 3 pick, Randle, & DLo for Anthony Davis
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

I'm sure the Lakers would, but not sure even the Pelicans do that.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Even if we throw in Kelly!?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Huertas.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Huertas.

The Catalyst!

No deal.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Corey78 wrote:

Exactly. I do not understand why they tried to contend so quickly. They honestly should have drafted Nerlens Noels, and kept their pick (#10 in 2014) and used free agency to add shooting and guards.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Huertas.

He's the new Sacre? Ok got it
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yesterday a dude told I'm here since 2001 but didn't use to post about Shaq, Kobe, Pau, Lamar, even Drew ... man, good times, even the feuds were fun and I was never about to cry watching a Laker game in deep disgust the way I'm now. That frontcourt would be insane, I had really high expectations for this draft and I'm sure front office had ways to trade up and grab KAT, but they were not looking for a big and went for the best guard available. We never had a shot at those those two, but could and should at least have one impact player after two tanking seasons. I can live with all the arguments, but a 9 win record is too little even for a Scott team, our roster sucks. I feel sorry about all the Pau Gasol blaming, those guys have to live with our all scrub team.

Townes is a great, will be a star, player in the NBA. WE BLEW IT. Okafor was there for the picking and we went with Russel.

Lucky I was sitting on my bed when the Lakers announced they were taking Russel with the second pick. Had I been in a chair I would have injured myself with I collapsed.

Look at the running for the ROY, Jahail and Karl are running neck and neck, D'Angelo's not in the conversation.

I'd go with Townes. Minnesota knew what they were getting.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject:

KAT will easily be a walking 20/10 guy. Perennial all star. I love AD but he can't stay healthy.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
KAT will easily be a walking 20/10 guy. Perennial all star. I love AD but he can't stay healthy.

He's close to 50/40/90 guy...as a rookie.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Don't you know? It's obvious Mitch knows how to perform hypnosis. But he was dead set on D'LO. Lazy bastard of a GM should have busted out his Magician's hat and wand. We are Laker fans, and these are reasonable expectations.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Townes is a great, will be a star, player in the NBA. WE BLEW IT. Okafor was there for the picking and we went with Russel.

Lucky I was sitting on my bed when the Lakers announced they were taking Russel with the second pick. Had I been in a chair I would have injured myself with I collapsed.

Look at the running for the ROY, Jahail and Karl are running neck and neck, D'Angelo's not in the conversation.

Neck and neck? LOL! Yeah right. Hyperbole to drive home your bias point. D'Lo is a Laker.. FAN EXIT door that way. Please leave your jerseys in the bin when you leave.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Is this a legit post? Or sarcasm that I missed?
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I think Anthony Davis is likely to be the guy with a higher peak level of play and perhaps a shorter career. He hasn't made the seventy games played plateau yet, though he's on an arc to reach it this season so far. May be continually prone to injury. I'd prefer him on my dream team to Towns.

Towns strikes me as a better modern center right out of the box, but I think he's also probably nearer his peak playing level already. He's a little more of a stay on the ground player, a good trait for treatment of one's feet, ankles, knees.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Instead of making another VS. thread.

I'll just ask the question in this one.

John Wall vs. Damien Lillard
Who's the better player right now?
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/walljo01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lillada01.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: