Don MacLean vs Byron Scott FEUD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject:

"I'm gonna home school dlo and teach him the world is flat." Scott probably

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Megaton wrote:
tnell wrote:
These Scott defenders have to be some of his relatives or something geez lol

It's mostly just Drifts doing his same old shtick again.

why, because I don't think letting Russell commit 15 turnovers in 36 minutes is a good thing?

if Byron Scott allows one guy that much leeway, he better give that same leeway to everybody, or else he'll lose the WHOLE team. Coaches should always look fair, favoritism will RUIN the entire team Scott is trying to develop. Some may even become resentful to Russell if Scott allows that kind of thing.

It's weird to see most only concerned about how much Russell eat and want him to more and more, without consideration from other guys on the team. Bewildering to say the least.

Scott needs to look after the whole TEAM, not just ONE guy.

Yeah, Byron doesn't play favorites. lol You Drift further from reality with each post.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
kikanga wrote:
First two plays his cuts after the initial pass are bad. Both times he should've gone to the weakside corner to spread the floor so he can catch and shoot on the rare occasion we swing the ball from strong to weak side.

1st play, he doesn't pass the ball till the shot clock hits 14 seconds. I can chalk that up to Nick not being in the short corner and Nance and Randle not knowing who should be setting a screen for him. But once he does pass it to Lou he literally steals a pass going to Nick Young from Lou. When he steals that pass, Nick and Nance are within 5 feet of him. No spacing. He should've cut to the opposite corner to balance the floor after he passed to Lou.

2nd play, first pass thrown 16 seconds into the shot clock. He wanted to give it to Lou, but Lou tells him he's supposed to pass to Young. Then he cuts and stops in the middle of the paint even though Randle is already in the high post and Nance is in the low post. No spacing. Should've ran hard to the weakside corner.

3rd play, he drew the foul after having the ball in his hands the first 12 seconds into the shot clock. Not a bad play. But look at the floor balance. If he swung it to Lou, Nance could've set a screen for Lou and Lou would have the whole right side of the floor to penetrate all the way to the basket or operate in space. Nance is even looking straight at DLO and pointing/telling him to swing it to Lou (so he can set a screen for him).

4th play Nance has Wesley sealed when Randle passes Russell the ball. Lob pass would've been ideal. Clarkson is open for a corner 3 when Randle sets a screen for him. But its a tough pass to make unless he penetrates into the paint. So I understand why he didn't make that pass. That pass is a turnover if he's making it from the top of the floor.

There have been games when Scott pulled Russell and it was a head scratcher. But that one wasn't one of them IMO.

I take no pleasure in pointing this out. DLo played well the second half of that game. Just his final minutes in the fourth weren't his best.

Play #1 = I agree with you, for the most part.

Play #2 = He gets to the top of the key to create a 1-guard front, which is what you're supposed to do against a 2-3. After he passes, he "hooks in" to the high post, which is exactly what you're supposed to do if you're running any motion against a Zone. Then Randle comes over for some 1-3-1 High/Low action, which is another way to attack a zone. That's the problem...they're all on different pages, because there's no actual plan on how to attack a 2-3.

Play #3 = Tries to make something happen with PnR to the outside of the 2-3. Draws a foul as Nance is frustrated with Lou, who ultimately should have replaced up top. This looks like we're trying to run Horns or something, which isn't a good idea against a 2-3, but everyone is ultimately confused.

Play #4 = Lou brings the ball up, and Dallas is back in Man, which confuses the Lakers. Russell gets the ball and runs a half hearted PnR with Randle. As the clock winds down, he jacks up a shot. Not a great play by him, but literally everyone is confused.

The lack of court awareness our team has, in general, is appalling.
Just looking at that 4th play again.
Clarkson could've cut baseline when Dirk turns his head.
Or Nance could've reset out of bounds to avoid the 3 in the key on the pindown, then reentered the key with inside position for the offensive rebound against Wesley Matthews (a.k.a. "Bynuming").
And Randle and Lou need to learn they don't have to shoot the ball every (bleep) ing time down. As they gravitate toward DLO with the clock winding down (killing whatever little spacing we had in the first place).
Nobody in position to rebound since everyone was hoping to shoot that play
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow Coach Dave Miller and Robert Horry pouring in on Byron Scott's bad offensive schemes on TWC with no James Worthy in the building.

Coach Dave Miller: "I'm tired of them always walking the ball up the floor and then going up against a set defense!"

Robert Horry: "It's all pick and roll but there's no roll guy. You can't just set screens!"

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Wow Coach Dave Miller and Robert Horry pouring in on Byron Scott's bad offensive schemes on TWC with no James Worthy in the building.

Coach Dave Miller: "I'm tired of them always walking the ball up the floor and then going up against a set defense!"

Robert Horry: "It's all pick and roll but there's no roll guy. You can't just set screens!"

James and AC gonna monopolize those TWC seats from now on
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Horry does not like Scott as a coach. He kinda muzzles it when Worthy is there
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject:

One of the more common mistakes people make in life is believing because something works for them it should work for everyone else.

See Byron Scott
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Megaton wrote:
tnell wrote:

why, because I don't think letting Russell commit 15 turnovers in 36 minutes is a good thing?

if Byron Scott allows one guy that much leeway, he better give that same leeway to everybody, or else he'll lose the WHOLE team. Coaches should always look fair, favoritism will RUIN the entire team Scott is trying to develop. Some may even become resentful to Russell if Scott allows that kind of thing.

It's weird to see most only concerned about how much Russell eat and want him to more and more, without consideration from other guys on the team. Bewildering to say the least.

The reason you're seeing a focus on Dlo is because he was the #2 pick. I'm not sure why you feel like everything has to be equal. Some players are better than others. Some are believed to have more potential.

I think the reason you're seeing a focus on Russell is because he is believed to have the highest potential of the young guys. That's why you don't see folks clamoring for more shots for Sacre. It's not arbitrary. The Lakers basically tanked to get Dlo so it's only that they, and the fans, want Dlo, perhaps even more so than the others, to be put in a position to maximize the realization of that potential.

there is more to developing a young guy than just throwing him out in the wild and hope he survives. That is a double edged sword; maybe he survives and we see him revealed a hero, or he dies and is never heard of again.

But Scott is not going the lazy route, and is taking Russell's development in stride, based on his assessment. Besides, Russell is barely past half a season goodness sake...

Rather than focus on minutes, or how many plays he gets or how many shots he takes or whether he has the keys to the car or not, Russell needs to focus on the more important things of being a pro like working hard, being a good teammate, listening to the coach, playing with the team, and most of all, accountability. Because after all those, minutes and plays and shots will follow.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
"I'm gonna home school dlo and teach him the world is flat." Scott probably

Then Scott would have to talk to DLO, hum, don't think Scott has the tools to do that....
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Megaton wrote:
tnell wrote:

Yeah, Byron doesn't play favorites. lol You Drift further from reality with each post.

Just stop feeding this troll already, please.
Ridiculous.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Megaton wrote:
tnell wrote:

The reason you're seeing a focus on Dlo is because he was the #2 pick. I'm not sure why you feel like everything has to be equal. Some players are better than others. Some are believed to have more potential.

I think the reason you're seeing a focus on Russell is because he is believed to have the highest potential of the young guys. That's why you don't see folks clamoring for more shots for Sacre. It's not arbitrary. The Lakers basically tanked to get Dlo so it's only that they, and the fans, want Dlo, perhaps even more so than the others, to be put in a position to maximize the realization of that potential.

there is more to developing a young guy than just throwing him out in the wild and hope he survives. That is a double edged sword; maybe he survives and we see him revealed a hero, or he dies and is never heard of again.

But Scott is not going the lazy route, and is taking Russell's development in stride, based on his assessment. Besides, Russell is barely past half a season goodness sake...

Rather than focus on minutes, or how many plays he gets or how many shots he takes or whether he has the keys to the car or not, Russell needs to focus on the more important things of being a pro like working hard, being a good teammate, listening to the coach, playing with the team, and most of all, accountability. Because after all those, minutes and plays and shots will follow.

This is getting tiresome and trite. I don't see your angst directed towards Randle who also had similar criticisms against him. But you don't hate Randle like DLO I suppose.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Megaton wrote:
tnell wrote:

This is getting tiresome and trite. I don't see your angst directed towards Randle who also had similar criticisms against him. But you don't hate Randle like DLO I suppose.

I have to agree with you, this talking about hating when someone else don't share the same vision is getting really tiresome. By the way, you are lucky because it seems like hating the coach is welcomed. It's clear that Drifts has his own opinions, but you don't need to call us all haters when you call our coach "Parking Break"
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Megaton wrote:
tnell wrote:

I don't why you are calling me a hater.

I think this thread is about Don MacLean's suggestion about how Scott should handle Russell, to let him commit 15 turnovers and still play him 35 minutes, without any accountability at all.

maybe, you can ask Don MacLean to make a similar argument for Randle's case, and then make a thread about it so we can discuss it. Of which I'd have the same opinions as well, of course.

until then, I think this thread is about Don MacLean's comments about how Scott should handle Russell.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Ha sure. You're so transparent. The fact you don't see that. Oh well.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Megaton wrote:
tnell wrote:

if Byron Scott allows one guy that much leeway, he better give that same leeway to everybody, or else he'll lose the WHOLE team.
Coaches should always look fair, favoritism will RUIN the entire team Scott is trying to develop. Some may even become resentful to Russell if Scott allows that kind of thing.

HAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAA

So the bottom may fall out?
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Other agendas..ignoring works
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

to be address your Randle issue, when he pouted about minutes and Scott called him out, I had the same opinion that players need to respect the coach, and do what they are told, and this goes especially for rookies and young guys. But that seemed to be a one time thing, and Randle settled down.

so why bother bringing up Randle in a thread he has no part of whatsoever?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

to be address your Randle issue, when he pouted about minutes and Scott called him out, I had the same opinion that players need to respect the coach, and do what they are told, and this goes especially for rookies and young guys. But that seemed to be a one time thing, and Randle settled down.

so why bother bringing up Randle in a thread he has no part of whatsoever?

settled down? Or nance got injured and Byron had no other choice. I.e. He got Jordan Clarkson'ed.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Megaton wrote:
tnell wrote:

You're right. Throwing a guy out to the wild comes with risk. But so does keeping a young guy in a bubble he's never able to break out of.

The key is balance. And a good coach will find that balance. I'm just not seeing that from Byron, are you? I mean, what specifically, are you seeing from Byron that is deliberately being undertaken in order to maximize DLO's potential?

We don't run any schemes out there for DLO, and when he is out there, he's tasked to give up the ball early and go run to the corner.

Do you think the reason we're doing that is for KFT perhaps?
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Well on his way to 15 turnovers tonight, why he no benching
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Russell averages 2.5 turnovers per game in 26.9 minutes, but I for one am very certain that he'd commit 12.5 turnovers in the 8.1 minutes between 26.9 & 35 minutes.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Nice dunk by randle, but Russell just led him to the spot with that pass.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Oops, wrong thread.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Oops, wrong thread.

Maclean approves of this post.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Nice dunk by randle, but Russell just led him to the spot with that pass.

Don McLean: "Just because you choose to post, doesn't mean it's a good post"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19
Jump to: