What the Pistons did to John keuster in 2011 the lakers need to do it to Byron Scott
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: What the Pistons did to John keuster in 2011 the lakers need to do it to Byron Scott

Those of you who do not remember it's a complete boycott of keuster coaching. Only 6 players showed up for a game. If they do this to Scott it will show a message to Byron that he's clearly not wanted.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

Remember when some posters here thought that Mike Brown and John Kuester combined would be as good as Phil Jackson?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
younggrease
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

Ben Simmons is clearly wanted by the front office.

Bringing in a new coach doesn't make much sense now imo. Just wait to the offseason
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

younggrease wrote:

Bringing in a new coach doesn't make much sense now imo. Just wait to the offseason

It does make sense. We'll still lose most of our games while trying to adjust, but it would be as bad.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

And if we don't get Simmons and Scott has completely poisoned this team...
younggrease
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
younggrease wrote:

It does make sense. We'll still lose most of our games while trying to adjust, but it would be as bad.

why not give the new coach a full training camp to get adjusted to the team? Why risk any chance of winning more games then necessary and "lowering the chance at a top 2 pick?

I say they write this season off and start fresh next year with a new coach. Also you don't want to bring in just anybody, it has to be a long term solution.
younggrease
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Then you get Ingram or the #3 pick. The team inproves. Players aren't so fragile that this ruins them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject:

younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Then you get Ingram or the #3 pick. The team inproves. Players aren't so fragile that this ruins them.

Sorry meant what if we don't get a top 3 pick. What was this season about then?
younggrease
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's the risk that you take. At this point in the season it seems like right play considering that they will likely have either the worst or second worst record in the league.

With the worst record in the league what are the chances of keeping pick? Second worst?

Edit: looks like if they finish with worst record there is a 35.7% chance they lose the pick. I'll take those odds at this point
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject:

younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's the risk that you take. At this point in the season it seems like right play considering that they will likely have either the worst or second worst record in the league.

With the worst record in the league what are the chances of keeping pick? Second worst?

Are you honestly worried about us winning a bunch of games?

If we fire Scott we are not about to start winning 5-10 games in a row lol. We're pretty much destined to have a bottom 3 record at this point. You're safe there.

What it will do is boost team morale. And it will help provide a better foundation for the young guys to grow from
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
younggrease
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If we fire Scott we are not about to start winning 5-10 games in a row lol. We're pretty much destined to have a bottom 3 record at this point. You're safe there.

What it will do is boost team morale. And it will help provide a better foundation for the young guys to grow from

I'd rather have the worst record if possible. Scott is the man for that job.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

younggrease wrote:
22 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's a bad risk IMO.

We can still lose the pick even with the worst record. And every moment that he is head coach of this team is another moment in a toxic environment for our players.

We need these guys to start developing skill and chemistry playing together. So that in a few years time our young core can become contenders.

Not to mention they're going to need help in FA. Having Byron on board is counter productive to that.

Getting a #1 pick is not going to save us. It'll help but it's not putting us back in the championship next season. It's not worth messing with our current quality picks to try to get one more. Especially when you can't guarantee it.
younggrease
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
22 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
younggrease wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's a bad risk IMO.

We can still lose the pick even with the worst record. And every moment that he is head coach of this team is another moment in a toxic environment for our players.

We need these guys to start developing skill and chemistry playing together. So that in a few years time our young core can become contenders.

Not to mention they're going to need help in FA. Having Byron on board is counter productive to that.

Getting a #1 pick is not going to save us. It'll help but it's not putting us back in the championship next season. It's not worth messing with our current quality picks to try to get one more. Especially when you can't guarantee it.

I disagree, Ben Simmons drastically changes the trajectory of the franchise.

I'm also not as high on the other prospects as many on here judging on the ceiling/floor thread. I think it's a good risk to take.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

I'm not one to believe Byron has poisoned our young guys permanently. Another season of Byron, yes it wouldbe tragic

BUT if he were to get fired this summer it'd just be a bad story to look back and laugh on.

Lakers don't want to fire Byron for one (or more of a few reasons)

1) Kobe- not that Kobe would be heart broken but just let them play this thing out together then step away.

2) Tank is well and alive- I mean, if you're not trying to lose then why keep the most unsuccessful coach ever? Particularly when he's doing a horrible job in the one area you care about-- developing.

3) Instability- don't want to send a message of insability and yet another coach change mid-season. Do in cleanly in the summer

4) Incompetence- Maybe FO really thinks Byron is okay and they're just as incompetent as him. My gut tells me it's not really this one.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

Wasted year.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

That team vets turned on Keuster like RIP and Prince. This team vets are probably BFF's with Byron. Young players would never have the courage to do that.

On a side not, I lost a lot of respect for those guys who did that to Keuster. Wonder what was going on behind the scenes.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

Most NBA players who can improve, do improve over their first 3 seasons, health permitting. Those first three seasons are essential. The question is whether a player who is drafted by a team with a poor coaching staff cripples the player permanently. Though no one would have a definitive answer, looking at the history of the basket-case franchises isn't encouraging. For example the Clippers historically drafted high first round picks, and precious few of them ever became quality players (Griffin and Manning spring to mind, but that's a pretty low bar).

It's weird on how some folks believe BS was great at developing PGs, and then point to Chris Paul. Paul's a quality scoring PG, a skill set that was instantly translatable to the NBA in terms of impact. BS stinks at player development, the best move would be for the front office to fire him immediately, as he's dampening the development curve for our young players.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

Jim Fredo Buss wrote:
Does Kuester still have Mike Brown's DVD's?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject:

I wouldnt mind this because I'm really afraid Byron is back next year. If someone would guarantee that he's gone then let them tank away with Byron at helm...

30 + more games and I can choose not to watch.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
I wouldnt mind this because I'm really afraid Byron is back next year. If someone would guarantee that he's gone then let them tank away with Byron at helm...

30 + more games and I can choose not to watch.

This is how the Iraqi populace felt about Saddam Hussein when he was toppled and on the run.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
That team vets turned on Keuster like RIP and Prince. This team vets are probably BFF's with Byron. Young players would never have the courage to do that.

On a side not, I lost a lot of respect for those guys who did that to Keuster. Wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

I don't think Byron deserves respect at this point. he doesn't give any respect so why should the players give him respect.

loved him as a player just hate him as a coach lets just leave it at that.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject:

The Byron Scott piss and moan thread is that way.

dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject:

younggrease wrote:

Getting rid of a cyst in the team matters
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Someone just needs to punch Byron in the Kuester.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: