Woj: Warriors "significant frontrunners" to sign Kevin Durant
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject:

look at this 54 point game vs the warriors from durant.

for curry to perform the way he is right now, he needs open space usually created by his teammates movement, and also by his herky moves. curry can't, he WON'T shoot shots without the proper space. Well...Durant has none of those limitations. he doesn't need the space, there really aren't many situations where he CAN'T get the shot off.

on the fast break, durant dunks even though ibaka was already waiting for him at the rim. he drove for a layup even though there was no space, he just did it. the warriors are the best ever at creating space with the zone. it's over guys. it really is. the dynasty torch is being passed to the warriors.

durant now has a chance to to be the next kobe/mj, and it's a solid chance.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Curry doesn't need "space" to shoot. He'll shoot from wherever whenever.

But he's a lot smarter about it than he was, say, 2 years ago.

Anyway in Golden State, Durant would be the 1st/2nd option like he is in OKC, just with a more complete team around him.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject:

I think going after Durant would be a dumb move for the Warriors. He plays no defense, and what makes Golden State so good is that they play defense. If I was the Warriors, I wouldnt give up the chemistry of Barnes/Iguodala/Green to slot Durant in there somewhere. Just doesn't make sense.

Steph and Klay are the scorers on that team. There's not enough shots for Durant to fit in.

So I don't really see why the Warriors would even consider this.

Now if it comes to paying max money to Barnes (no way) or Durant (obviously) then yeah, but I just don't think Durant fits on their team.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject:

They don't need Durant. They probably need a little more beef up front but they already have plenty of scoring and damn good defense. And even if Durant went to the Dubs, that's Curry's team. They won without Durant and defeated James's squad. Durant lost to James's squad.

The Dubs wouldn't turn it down if he wanted to come, but it would clearly be Curry's squad and still is.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
I think going after Durant would be a dumb move for the Warriors. He plays no defense, and what makes Golden State so good is that they play defense. If I was the Warriors, I wouldnt give up the chemistry of Barnes/Iguodala/Green to slot Durant in there somewhere. Just doesn't make sense.

Steph and Klay are the scorers on that team. There's not enough shots for Durant to fit in.

So I don't really see why the Warriors would even consider this.

Now if it comes to paying max money to Barnes (no way) or Durant (obviously) then yeah, but I just don't think Durant fits on their team.

Many players have said it. Chemistry. Those dudes are welded together at the hip. Don't wanna F that up. They have that overlooked thing together. How many point guards were taken before Steph? Green 2nd round pick. Klay drafted like 11th. Leave it alone and upgrade the beef if possible.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Isaiah wrote:
999 wrote:
Isaiah wrote:
So no Basketball Reasons this time?

Can't call basketball reasons in free agency

Oh, right.

If basketball reasons existed in FA, then the heat don't win any rings.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm really glad we have the new CBA (and by extension "basketball reasons") to avoid these superteams... oh wait.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

If Durant truly does want to go to the W's, the W's should do it, if they can keep their core of Curry, Klay, and Dray in tact. Adding Durant and filling in the 5th spot with whoever is left between Ezeli and Bogut would make a crazy starting unit. If they lost much depth, they would lose more regular season games, but have a stronger team in the playoffs, especially if they could hang on to Iggy. Additionally, if you turned down that opportunity, what happens if he goes to the Clippers or some other strong team and puts them over the top?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
I'm really glad we have the new CBA (and by extension "basketball reasons") to avoid these superteams... oh wait.

Yep and as much shyt as I give LeBron I never faulted him for going to the Heat he was never going to win in Cleveland(and still won't). But people had an issue with him going to a stacked team when he was ringless(I think the Decision special was in bad taste)

Durant should be raked over the coals if this comes to pass as well.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

Hey man, it's okay. At least the owner vetoed the CP3 trade! That really showed em. Set a real good precedent, don't you think?
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I hope they do pick him up, it will be the death of their team in my opinion. They have plenty of offense they only need to make tweaks not big moves. I would get a defensive player to replace bogut not replace KLAY with a KD
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
I hope they do pick him up, it will be the death of their team in my opinion. They have plenty of offense they only need to make tweaks not big moves. I would get a defensive player to replace bogut not replace KLAY with a KD

I think the intent would be to keep Curry, Klay, and Dray. Barnes would be the one replaced, and they would have to lose another couple of pieces to make it work.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject:

If they lose their bench depth, not sure this would be a net positive.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:

They wouldnt need a bench.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:

Thats some pretty flawed reasoning. Players break down, they get tired from playing too many minutes. Doesn't matter how good your starting 5 is, you still need a competent bench in todays NBA.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:

Thats some pretty flawed reasoning. Players break down, they get tired from playing too many minutes. Doesn't matter how good your starting 5 is, you still need a competent bench in todays NBA.

Miami went to the Finals 4 years in a row with no bench and 2 dingle berries playing along side their Big 3 in the starting lineup. They won two titles and should have won 3 in a row if Lebron knew how to close.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:

Miami went to the Finals 4 years in a row with no bench and 2 dingle berries playing along side their Big 3 in the starting lineup. They won two titles and should have won 3 in a row if Lebron knew how to close.

Miami played in the weak eastern conference. I think the Warriors would need a bench in the much tougher western conference. Heck, part of the reason why the Clippers can't go nowhere is because their bench is terrible.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: