Woj: Lakers have little if any chance of signing Kevin Durant; Durant wants championships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan#37 wrote:
KD's most likely destination next year?
1. resign w OKC w opt out option after 1 yr
2. Sign w GS
3. Sign w SA

Not likely, but not impossible ;
Wizards
Lakers
Knicks
Clippers?

I think if OKC gets to wcf this year, he might give it another shot w WB, and resign w OKC w an opt out option after a year. If not, either GS or SA, whoever doesn't win the championship.

OKC: OKC are still a very good team. But are not in the same class as Warriors and Spurs and no hope to beat both of them in the playoff. Durant and Westbrook no much chemistry. Rest of the team don't deliver.
Ibaka is a non factor now. Besides, there is no much room to improve. And Westbrook may go next season. OKC may consider to move either one, together with Ibaka's contract prior to their contact expired i.e. Durant or Westbrook for Griffin.

Warriors: Warriors are already a very great team in offense. The marginal effect of Durant may not be as much as we expected. Will it creat any Durant-Westbrook problem in Golden State? Will Curry willing to reduce his scoring and be another triple double machine?

SA: A good destination to him. But are Durant-Leonard-Aldridge a good trio? Don't under estimate the impact with or without Duncan.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

If he leaves it will be for GS, Was or Harden (Hou).
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:

WOJ who???

Durant can win rings in LA, depending on supporting cast. "IF" the lakers keep the pick and get lucky and get that 1st or 2nd pick, Whiteside comes aboard, Westbrook comes to lakerland in 17', ok, long shot, million to one perhaps, but there is a chance....

Durant/Randle
Simmons/Randle
Whiteside
DLO/Clarkson
Westbrook/Clarkson

Dream mode off!!!
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
If he leaves it will be for GS, Was or Harden (Hou).

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

FWIW Bill Simmons on his podcast laughed heartily at this notion, postulating that it was other contending teams that put this out there to try to fracture the Warriors and even OKC. Makes sense to me. I don't see KD as the kind of guy to put feelers out there right now when the season is still to be played.
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
FWIW Bill Simmons on his podcast laughed heartily at this notion, postulating that it was other contending teams that put this out there to try to fracture the Warriors and even OKC. Makes sense to me. I don't see KD as the kind of guy to put feelers out there right now when the season is still to be played.

there is a potential fracture in the Warriors lockeroom with Barnes and the Warriors organization
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Money23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

there is a potential fracture in the Warriors lockeroom with Barnes and the Warriors organization

If true why would he help the Warriors in any sign and trade to OKC for example.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Where KD lands will largely depend on his team's [relative] performance this year in the playoffs and what Westbrook hints to him that he will himself do in 2017.

I see the following happening:

1) OKC loses in semis or WCF:

KD leaves. Likely destination Washington or Los Angeles.

Washington is a .500 team but with KD potentially they are #1 or #2 seed in the east, he will only have to face an aging LeBron to get to the finals perennially. This is the likeliest scenario.

Los Angeles if Lakers get a top three pick, sign another high profile FA to complement KD, and KD gets his coach of choice. These three things happening are not out of the question i.e. high probability of all, independently. But he would have to face one of the greatest NBA teams ever in the Warriors for another 5-7 years.

I don't take the Warriors as a serious destination especially if:

a. GSW wins again, they have no reason to blow it up to accommodate KD.
b. If KD loses to GSW in the playoffs he is unlikely to join them. KD comes from more an old school ilk and doesn't want to be friends with everyone e.g. calls Dwight Howard a (bleep).

2) OKC makes it to the finals

Durant stays, period. He would have no basketball or financial reason to move.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Money23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If true why would he help the Warriors in any sign and trade to OKC for example.

there would be no sign and trade but there is a real beef between Barnes and the Warriors

they dont need to just dump Bogut or Iggy and Livingston or Jason Thompson either. Rennouce Barnes and Ezeli, they will keep Ezeli btw due to small cap hold he has so they can go over the cap for him and they can have Durant.

Question remains do you max barnes at 23 or Durant at 27??

I think the answer is a no brainer

Last edited by Money23 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

KiwiStrawberry wrote:
I have no problem if the KD FA interview and presentation fails. And he bolts to GS/ WAS or stays in OKC, Because everyone with a brain knows that we had a 0.1 chance of signing him which is about the size of a small ant.

What I do have a problem with though..is Durant delaying his FA signing annoument by forcing the Lakers to overpay some overrated player who won't lead us anywhere.

If we are signing another player to make Durant happy the signing order would be Durant and then the other player.
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
Where KD lands will largely depend on his team's [relative] performance this year in the playoffs and what Westbrook hints to him that he will himself do in 2017.

Washington is a .500 team but with KD potentially they are #1 or #2 seed in the east, he will only have to face an aging LeBron to get to the finals perennially. This is the likeliest scenario.

Los Angeles if Lakers get a top three pick, sign another high profile FA to complement KD, and KD gets his coach of choice. These three things happening are not out of the question i.e. high probability of all, independently. But he would have to face one of the greatest NBA teams ever in the Warriors for another 5-7 years.

b. If KD loses to GSW in the playoffs he is unlikely to join them. KD comes from more an old school ilk and doesn't want to be friends with everyone e.g. calls Dwight Howard a (bleep).

Washington got bigger problems, those problems are coaching and front court. They need a real coach immediately, they also need a front court. Nene and Gortat are on the wrong side of 30 and even if they have space to sign Durant they wont have space to sign a real 4 and a 5.

Wall
Beal, injury concerns long term
Porter
Durant
Gortart

Is that really better than Cleveland and tbh if Boston gets a top 3 pick idk if thats even better than the Cs

Lakers, that aint happening... players are not ready to be significant contributors, maybe that will change in 3-4 years but if KD signs by the time they are ready Durant will be 30-31 and will defintely bolt again so no point. Also does he trust the Laker organization, lol they are pretty bad right now and its something KD and his people look at and the Lakers got nothing to show for it.

Durant to the Warriors is much realer than you think!
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject:

People are forgetting that we'll be able to offer two, or maybe even three max contracts, so we won't just sit and wait for Durant to make his decision, like we did with Melo and Aldridge, we can just easily go hard after DeRozan and Whiteside (if we open up cap space for third max) while KD is weighing his options.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject:

Money23 wrote:
methdxman wrote:

Washington got bigger problems, those problems are coaching and front court. They need a real coach immediately, they also need a front court. Nene and Gortat are on the wrong side of 30 and even if they have space to sign Durant they wont have space to sign a real 4 and a 5.

Wall
Porter
Durant
Gortart

Is that really better than Cleveland and tbh if Boston gets a top 3 pick idk if thats even better than the Cs

Lakers, that aint happening... players are not ready to be significant contributors, maybe that will change in 3-4 years but if KD signs by the time they are ready Durant will be 30-31 and will defintely bolt again so no point. Also does he trust the Laker organization, lol they are pretty bad right now and its something KD and his people look at and the Lakers got nothing to show for it.

Durant to GSW, let's assume that GSW wins the title. How do they get Durant?

What trade do they make?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:
People are forgetting that we'll be able to offer two, or maybe even three max contracts, so we won't just sit and wait for Durant to make his decision, like we did with Melo and Aldridge, we can just easily go hard after DeRozan and Whiteside (if we open up cap space for third max) while KD is weighing his options.
Assuming we keep our pick, going to a team with DLo, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, Ben Simmons/Ingram, Derozan and Whiteside, is quite appealing. KD on that team can compete right away and the team will only get better as the young core matures.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject:

For KD, it is worth to offer max. For players like DeRozen or Whiteside, we have to be cautious. I'm only interested in them with right price and right tenor. A core of Russell, Randle, Clarkson and maybe Simmons or Ingram is already really good. Time is on our side. We can save our cap space to next year for Westbrook or Paul George etc. We need a mvp calibre player to lead our young players, not a marginal all star player for max
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
Money23 wrote:
methdxman wrote:

Wall
Porter
Durant
Gortart

What trade do they make?

here you go, and believe the GSW front office will do it if KD wants to come here!

With the new projections at $92 million, this seems very doable are $42 million
I would keep Iggy, $11 million more
Let Barnes walk
Decline Livingston's team option (MIGHT not be necessary)
Trade Bogut, Thompson, Looney and their next available pick for cap space-LOTS of teams will have $ to absorb that much
Tell Ezeli to wait on their offer and not sign a sheet-his cap hold must be about $5 million
That, with cap holds leaves over $25 million for KD

Curry/Thompson/KD/Green/Ezeli, with Iggy as 6th man-bring Rush and Barbossa back cheap and fill in the rest-75 wins easy

magical.lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject:

came across this. lakers talk vaguely around 34 min and was in and out for 10 minutes. woj said the lakers are not an attractive destination in free agency because players not sure if ownership or management is proven. when it got around to durant woj basically called the lakers 'not appealing' to kevin durant

talk begins around 34 min

https://secure-hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/5/f/55f59ffa460e1597/Celtics_Beat_w__Adrian_Wojnarowski_2_7_16.mp3?c_id=10868825&expiration=1454845278&hwt=d70de6b6fcf856ead607ce8641ab8cdc
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject:

Money23 wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Money23 wrote:
methdxman wrote:

Wall
Porter
Durant
Gortart

What trade do they make?

here you go, and believe the GSW front office will do it if KD wants to come here!

With the new projections at $92 million, this seems very doable are $42 million
I would keep Iggy, $11 million more
Let Barnes walk
Decline Livingston's team option (MIGHT not be necessary)
Trade Bogut, Thompson, Looney and their next available pick for cap space-LOTS of teams will have $ to absorb that much
Tell Ezeli to wait on their offer and not sign a sheet-his cap hold must be about $5 million
That, with cap holds leaves over $25 million for KD

Curry/Thompson/KD/Green/Ezeli, with Iggy as 6th man-bring Rush and Barbossa back cheap and fill in the rest-75 wins easy

Thought the cap is going to be 89-90 where did u get the number 92 from?
gorila
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

People please, it's no guarantee we will get the top 2 picks, even if we do and we get simmons or ingram they wont turn into all-stars overnight

Right now you have your young core russell/randle/clarkson with potential, but they are still raw as hell and should still take a few years to know what they are all about

Why would Durant or any established superstar want to come into a team with young, unproven players?

Highly unlikely we get a superstar, we probably wont get a curry, a lebron, a durant, or even a westbrook anytime soon, why? Because they want to be in a team that's already a contender, we are years away from being a contender.. We can get good players like derozan or whiteside, but players of the status like Durant? Just a pipe dream
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

Why wouldn't Boston make a run for KD? The team and coach are coming together. They have cap space and draft picks and KD would be the lead dog on that team.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
Why wouldn't Boston make a run for KD? The team and coach are coming together. They have cap space and draft picks and KD would be the lead dog on that team.

I'm sure they will. Probably every team that can sign him will make him a run at him. I can see the Raptors, Celtics, Knicks, Pacers, Heat, Wizards, Blazers, Warriors, Clippers, Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Rockets, and Pelicans all trying to get a meeting with him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

If Durant was smart he would go to the Eastern Conference for an easier road to the finals.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If Durant was smart he would go to the Eastern Conference for an easier road to the finals.

& get beaten every yr by lebron in the easiest east.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I know its sacrilegious to even say, but the Celtics would be a great destination. Great coach, Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Smart, and Avery Bradley on cheap deals, cap space for another star, and picks galore to trade for another star. They could easily make a power house to run the east.

Obviously I hope this never happens, but they seem like as great of a spot as any team.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
32 wrote:

& get beaten every yr by lebron in the easiest east.

He has a better chance against an aging Lebron than against the powerhouse duo of GS and SA every year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21
Jump to: