Woj: Lakers have little if any chance of signing Kevin Durant; Durant wants championships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
senthus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If Bron chased rings in Miami and ended up with none, of course. But dude got 2 rings. I cheer against him every game, but it's what it is.

If KD goes there, where's the so called outrage? He'll probably win a few rings and that team will go down as one of the best ever.

I love this outrage from fans today.

You think Magic, KAJ, Worthy, Scott, Green, etc. could be a team today?
Or Bird/Parish/McHale? Not even Jordan/Pippen/Kukoc (and others) could happen in today's CBA.

thats 2 different situations

Lebron was the outright best player of the 3 in miami, they havent won in 5 years.

Durant would be going to a team that just won a championship, and has the best player in the game right now.

I just find it hilarious that we, of all fanbases, would be against this. We've had some of the best juggernauts ever that would be impossible in today's CBA.

I want Durant, but I'm not going to look down on him if he chooses the Warriors.

Exactly. Everyone on this board is talking about how they will look down on him if he goes ring chasing and creates this monster team, but then they go to the free agent board and post hypothetical teams like Westbrook/Russell/Durant/DeRozan/Whiteside. Talk about being hypocrits.

There's no comparison to him joining a team that is 2x defending world champs. Maybe it makes sense if the Warriors don't win it this year.

But why the saltiness and uproar? Sucks for us but we still have to compete.

I just don't think there's a comparison to a potential Top-10, Top-15 all time player joining a 2x defending champs.

Not sure what you mean by "saltiness" or "uproar"

Read folks' post above. Bold predictions that he will be a "villain" and his reputation will be stained and other hyperbolic statements.

Well that discussion notwithstanding, the point is people are going to discredit his rings if he goes to a 2x champ. Kobe didn't even choose to play with Shaq, and people discredited his 3 rings for years. Wasn't until he won without Shaq that people respected what he did during the 3peat. And again, Kobe didn't actively choose this scenario, nor was this team a winner without him. People would discredit KD's championships even more, and would probably make it a lock to keep him out of the Top-10 of all time rankings.

Whether or not this actually concerns Durant is unknown.

That would definitely be the case if he only winds up with a ring or 2, but adding durant to the warrioirs basically guarantees 90s chicago bulls level dominance. After 5-6 years of rings and 70 win seasons people will forget they are watching a ring chaser and realize they are watching the best basketball ever put together.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
senthus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If Bron chased rings in Miami and ended up with none, of course. But dude got 2 rings. I cheer against him every game, but it's what it is.

If KD goes there, where's the so called outrage? He'll probably win a few rings and that team will go down as one of the best ever.

Or Bird/Parish/McHale? Not even Jordan/Pippen/Kukoc (and others) could happen in today's CBA.

Lebron was the outright best player of the 3 in miami, they havent won in 5 years.

Durant would be going to a team that just won a championship, and has the best player in the game right now.

lebron plays for the warriors?

Curry is hands down the best player in the NBA right now. Not sure why you're questioning that.
senthus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
senthus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I just find it hilarious that we, of all fanbases, would be against this. We've had some of the best juggernauts ever that would be impossible in today's CBA.

I want Durant, but I'm not going to look down on him if he chooses the Warriors.

same, id love for him to go to gsw.

i wouldn't look down on him if he joined but other will especially if they dont win with him.

Just dont go to Spurs please!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
15 wrote:
senthus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Curry is hands down the best player in the NBA right now. Not sure why you're questioning that.

Because many don't believe that it is true.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject:

I think the Clippers would be a better destination for Durant in terms of winning for his legacy - it's a team that has no history of winning with this group. Him getting 1-2 rings would be huge.

I think both Clips and Warriors can make a play for KD. If I'm Presti I think long and hard about whether I want to get a rental package type of return or just trade him straight up to GST right now for Barnes/Iguoadala.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
15 wrote:
senthus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, many don't believe a lot of things that are true...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject:

KD hasn't said no to OKC so if they make a trade it would likely be to try to keep him there
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject:

LOL Stephen A said Draymond is expendable to get Durant I can't stand these people who get paid to talk sports
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LOL Stephen A said Draymond is expendable to get Durant I can't stand these people who get paid to talk sports

Stephen A was talking about LeBron doesn't have enough help in Cleveland and was saying how they should get DeMarcus Cousins and then LeBron would have the help he deserves...

Yet he sat up there today and tried to talk bad about the prospect of Golden State getting Durant That says all we need to know about him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Also, Durant going to Golden State, increases the chances of Westbrook coming to the Lakers.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Stephen A was talking about LeBron doesn't have enough help in Cleveland and was saying how they should get DeMarcus Cousins and then LeBron would have the help he deserves...

Yet he sat up there today and tried to talk bad about the prospect of Golden State getting Durant That says all we need to know about him.

Lmao these dudes man. And Stephen A and Skip both saying Durant is interested in the Knicks. Smh
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

What is there not to understand? It would be a terrible look for Durant to join a team who may be back to back champions. A team with a back to back MVP already in place. A team that may set the NBA record for wins this year. Lebron orchestrated Miami, but they still had to go out there and win it. The Heat were not back to back champions waiting for Lebron. Cleveland was not back to back champions waiting for Lebron.

If the Warriors win this year, there is ZERO chance Durant goes to the Warriors. It is a terrible look. And would confirm that he's every bit the second fiddle to Westbrook that some have been intimating.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
15 wrote:
senthus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

many also don't believe the moon landing was real , or that Elvis is really dead.
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
All this talk is why I think we need to be so proactive.
Durant is a generational talent. There are only a handful of guys in the league that are worth doing anything to acquire, and he is at the top of that short list.

-Have Kobe plant a few seeds All Star weekend, with KD and WB.

-We need to move Lou and Nick (and Bass and Hibbert) in an effort to clear max cap and have assets (2nd rounders). If we don't move them this season then have deals in place for July 1, when their contracts will look better with the higher cap

-Hope to God we keep the pick.

-Move on from Byron and get Walton early in the off season.

-Have a trade in place for the pick (or for some of our young assets). (Only execute the trade if it makes sense, which COULD depend on KD committing).

-With the cap cleared, go hard after whatever players we feel would fit with the team and with KD. I think Droz and Whiteside would be great fits. (I'd throw Batum and Horford in the conversation as well, and maybe a few others). Point being give KD a reason to consider us.

Yes, he will have other great options, but I agree with VLF that we talk legacy (his and the Lakers).

If he goes elsewhere, F him, he wasn't cut out to be the next face of the franchise.

Still sign the other 2 max's, and possibly do the trade if it still makes sense, though I would be inclined to keep the young players and possibly see what deals are available at the trade deadline next season.
Sign a placeholder or 2 and make sure we can max Westbrook next season.

Westbrook, Droz, Whiteside plus 5 major young assets (a few of which could be traded for another star (or not, depending on how they and the team look), would still be a team that competes for a Chip in 2017.

Make Durant regret his decision to pass on the Lakers at some point.

Great post man, I share the same view.
Johnny Cage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
you never know. KD is a real prize though. A lot more so than Lebron because he's a lethal scorer. if he goes to a team like GS, and they don't give up curry or thompson, it's over.

warriors are in an amazing spot right now. they have a team full of max players, they have a system that can turn any scorer into the greatest thing ever. you think you're seeing something with curry? wait till you see that team with durant.

It's already over regardless...
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject:

People really thought we had a shot at KD?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Also, Durant going to Golden State, increases the chances of Westbrook coming to the Lakers.

Some point you gotta consider how much you want WB in that scenario. GS probably has the league on lockdown for 3-4 years. So we'd want to peak around 2020, 2021. A 26 year old now who will be 30-31 by the time these Warriors start to slow down might be a better fit. Westbrook will be 32-33 by then and it's a real question how well his game will age.

OTOH, Westbrook is a monster and with Curry + KD, there's the injury risk (hate to say it) that could create a championship window any time.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:49 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
MJST wrote:

Some point you gotta consider how much you want WB in that scenario..

That would depend on Clarkson's development for the most part or if we've signed Derozan or not. But yes, Westbrook throwing himself into the wall over the next two seasons with The Thunder could essentially end his 'run' he's on right now and his body likely wouldn't be able to do half the things it can now by 30 and he hasn't exactly added depth to his game outside of athleticism as of yet.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject:

Gotta like how WOJ just threw in that sentence to take a shot at the Lakers. Talking about chasing a "legacy." Well, WOJ what will that be if he goes ring chasing in his prime.
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Gotta like how WOJ just threw in that sentence to take a shot at the Lakers. Talking about chasing a "legacy." Well, WOJ what will that be if he goes ring chasing in his prime.

He will be playing on the best team of all time and have a chance to be a top 5-7 player all time maybe higher if they win 4-5 rings in a row while putting up beastly stats
Lakerfan#37
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject:

What if we can hire Kevin Ollie as coach, get the #1 pick, add Derozen and whiteside, would KD consider us then?
I know that's a lot of ifs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

Money23 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

He will be playing on the best team of all time and have a chance to be a top 5-7 player all time maybe higher if they win 4-5 rings in a row while putting up beastly stats

I think that many people would hold that against him. How can you be a top 7 player if the only way you can win is to go to a stacked two time champion? He would stay in the 20's for me.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan#37 wrote:
What if we can hire Kevin Ollie as coach, get the #1 pick, add Derozen and whiteside, would KD consider us then?

Well there is no chance we get ollie. The thunder already tried to get him and he said no and that was with durant and wb on the team. Also it depends on if durant even wants to play with derozan and whiteside. But that team is a hell of a better sell than what we have now and is a great foundation even without ollie.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Lakerfan#37 wrote:

Well there is no chance we get ollie. The thunder already tried to get him and he said no and that was with durant and wb on the team. Also it depends on if durant even wants to play with derozan and whiteside. But that team is a hell of a better sell than what we have now and is a great foundation even without ollie.

Also probably b/c he knew KD/WB are free agents in 2016 and 2017. What if they all leave and he's stuck there?
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Lakerfan#37 wrote:

Also probably b/c he knew KD/WB are free agents in 2016 and 2017. What if they all leave and he's stuck there?

Then he couldve signed a deal like what byron scott, steve clifford, or dwayne casey has. Which is a 2 year deal with an option year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 12 of 21
Jump to: