Francis being traded?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Francis being traded?

On the RealGM site Vecsey says there is a 3 team trade being discussed that would send Steve Francis to the Nuggets and Nene and Watson out. I think Fortson and Evans from Seattle are also involved in this one.

Also says that Minny likes Banks so much they might move Jaric. I don't like that guy but we clearly need a little something at the point.

Looks like other teams are making moves.

Celtics want to talk extension with Pierce.
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

Why couldn't we go after him. Eveyrone hates him but he is one of the best PGs in the league.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

Here’s another article on the 4-way that’s allegedly brewing:

. Rumor has it that a four team deal is brewing between Orlando, New York, Portland and Denver. The headliner of the deal is Steve Francis' long awaited arrival in Denver and Larry Brown getting his man Theo Ratliff. Also expected to be involved in the deal is Nene, Earl Watson, Ruben Patterson, Quentin Richardson, Anfernee Hardaway and Trevor Ariza. Hardaway and Ariza will most likely end up in Portland, Nene and Richardson is expected to head to Orlando, Watson is expected to head to NY along with Patterson. Other players might be involved.

If this deal happens, Denver has Boston to thank. According to a source knowledgable of the situation, the Celtics and Nuggets had a deal on the table which would have sent Paul Pierce to Denver for Andre Miller and Nene along with a future first round pick. The Celtics have been holding on to Pierce to see if they can get a better deal as supposedly they have other offers for him. The Nuggets were supposedly weary of giving up another first round draft pick as well as giving up Miller so they decided to see what their other options were and Orlando came knocking at the door.

According to Peter Vescey of the New York Post, the deal is supposed to take place within the next 48 hrs if all teams can reach an agreement.

http://www.elevationmag.com/basketball/index.php?itemid=29&catid=1

Here’s what I’ve managed to piece together – though I don’t know this to be the exact deal – this is what I’ve heard. I’m not sure where Seattle is but I’m told not in this particular deal.

Watson, Ratliff, Patterson to NY
Nene, Lenard and Q to Orlando
Francis to Denver
Penny + Ariza to Portland
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

i wish we could get involved with a big trade like that and get a few role players we need.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

#32MaGiC wrote:
i wish we could get involved with a big trade like that and get a few role players we need.

why? you don't want francis. you dont want penny. ratliff and patterson don't make us that much better. nene would be nice but he's injured. don't want Q or lenard. we could use earl watson but he's paid too much money.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

hey emplay, if we had made that deal for Bender on draft day, how much if any, cap relief would we had gotten now that he has retired?
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:

garbage begets garbage. we have no pieces. We wasted Vlade's expiring K, we traded Jumaine for a pick, everyone else sucks or is injured. Slave's K is not valuable enough. No on ecares about Devean, and everybody loves to see the lakers lose.

Therefore, no movement.

brace yourselves, it is going to be a loooooooong season.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
#32MaGiC wrote:

why? you don't want francis. you dont want penny. ratliff and patterson don't make us that much better. nene would be nice but he's injured. don't want Q or lenard. we could use earl watson but he's paid too much money.

i was never like most who opposed francis (we desperately need scoring) but i didnt mean take any of those players. i meant get involved to help the other teams but maybe get another player or 2 that we need.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
garbage begets garbage. we have no pieces. We wasted Vlade's expiring K, we traded Jumaine for a pick, everyone else sucks or is injured. Slave's K is not valuable enough. No on ecares about Devean, and everybody loves to see the lakers lose.

Therefore, no movement.

brace yourselves, it is going to be a loooooooong season.

Exactly. I still think a guy like Larry Brown could be wooed by Lamar Odom's perceived talent. Kwame is garbage and no one is going to take this guy on after Phil failed. Odom is the only "perceived" piece of value this team has right now and he's freaking hurt.
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I would love to get Francis.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Ummm, It's not about garbage.

If we offered Mihm and Bynum - we would get players like this.

But the fact is, Francis is a player that has a long contract and is not a system player.

While I like Steve and would have welcomed him as a Laker, I don't think Phil likes his game at PG starting next to Kobe.

Also, to get something good you also need to send something good. The good trade bait we have right now Odom, Mihm and Bynum.

And I don't think you guys would trade any of those 3 for Steve.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Shapecity
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

The Knicks really improve if this deal gets pulled off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry about it. We'll stand pat, and have a "chance" at the 8th spot, if healthy. Most likely we are looking at a low lottery pick again. The next couple of years are already in the tank. All for a player most likely not in the top 20. Great plan.

Jake Speed, 1986
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
Don't worry about it. We'll stand pat, and have a "chance" at the 8th spot, if healthy. Most likely we are looking at a low lottery pick again. The next couple of years are already in the tank. All for a player most likely not in the top 20. Great plan.

This is slowly becoming the mid 90's all over again...

Seen that Snickers commercial?

Not going anywhere for awhile???
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I think the deal is reported dead.
The Future 12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:

Ever since Francis suspension he's played the best BBall of his career. Unselfish, efficient basketball, rumor is talks broke down.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject:

Francis is a very good player. Four way trades are hard to complete. Stay tuned.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject:

If we could get him for cheap, he's worth a try....hell I'd even trade Odom for him.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

Francis has a killer contract and a cancerous attitude. How long do you think he'd be happy in Kobe's shadow? Plus he's a very bad fit for what we're trying to do since he loves to just dribble out the clock and hoist up shots, not pass it around and initiate the triangle.

Man, I'd love to unload some salary so we could get watson. He'd start for us and supply some outstanding perimiter defense, which would help hide some of our weak post D.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ummm, It's not about garbage.

If we offered Mihm and Bynum - we would get players like this.

But the fact is, Francis is a player that has a long contract and is not a system player.

While I like Steve and would have welcomed him as a Laker, I don't think Phil likes his game at PG starting next to Kobe.

Also, to get something good you also need to send something good. The good trade bait we have right now Odom, Mihm and Bynum.

And I don't think you guys would trade any of those 3 for Steve.

I would trade Odom for Francis in a heartbeat.....lets be honest....
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:

I think they have asked about Mihm already.
hitmankb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe at the 3, Franchise at the 2, smush at the 1... We would finally have a second scorer!
AllorNothing on Ron Artest
Quote:
He should be let go of his contract by the Kings to pursue a topnotch psychiatrist in LA.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Too bad we couldn't get Earl Watson here. Dg would do great in Denver.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: