Report: Byron Scott on 2 month Trial to save his job (Update: People in NBA expects Scott will be Fired)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Easiest part of the schedule came early and is long past. I don't think winning 2-3 games a month and sneaking in a few more wins near the end of the season, when teams are resting for the playoffs is going to save him.

I don't see the point of further torturing the fans...and the rookies, just do it now.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Easiest part of the schedule came early and is long past. I don't think winning 2-3 games a month and sneaking in a few more wins near the end of the season, when teams are resting for the playoffs is going to save him.

I don't see the point of further torturing the fans...and the rookies, just do it now.

Yeah, but the more we lose we keep our pick thus why the Lakers are not firing him now.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

!...
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
LakerEric wrote:
He's suddenly going to go from clueless to brilliant? Not likely! Sergeant Doakes (Byron Scott) is going to flamed into the swamp (Dexter reference)

All I can say about this is, "Suprise (expletive concerning maternal coitus)!

Please don't confuse the awesome Doakes with this ass clown.

You're right and I apologize to you and Mr. Erik King, the actor who played Doakes.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Yeah, but the more we lose we keep our pick thus why the Lakers are not firing him now.

Do you think we'll lose our pick if Mark Madsen coaches the rest of the season? I don't think so, but it will clear the air, so to speak

Last edited by Goldenwest on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Wow Coach Dave Miller and Robert Horry pouring in on Byron Scott's bad offensive schemes on TWC with no James Worthy in the building.

Coach Dave talked about his time with Coach Scott and New Orleans as often as Doug Collins used to bring up coaching MJ. Thought he'd never criticize Scott.
NewpLakersFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3vpazcCAAAtLF5.jpg

Question is...who is Dexter?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject:

NewpLakersFan wrote:

LMAO just as stubborn as him too
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Fire Scott ! Do it now....
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject:

"I would say, 'Nah, I think we would have a few more,'" Scott said. "I knew it was going to be tough because of all the youngsters that we have and I knew the learning curve was going to take time. I don't know what everybody else was thinking, but I didn't expect playoffs or nothing like that."

LOL! Yeah right.
cycl0nus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject:

NewpLakersFan wrote:

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
This is such pure "lets do something so it looks we're doing something while doing nothing" horse (bleep).

You don't need 32 games to "evaluate" BS, you know what he is. Everyone knows what he is. Stop waffling and fire his ass.God, just when I think this team can't get any more absurd.

After they secure the draft pick.

This guy gets it.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

Pau Gasol is nice
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Lakers are just holding out hopes that he wins a few more games so they can cry "improvement" and won't have to fire him. Too lazy and clueless.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Do you think we'll lose our pick if Mark Madsen coaches the rest of the season? I don't think so, but it will clear the air, so to speak

I don't think we'd lose the pick if Madsen was coach. Frankly, I don't think it matters...Scott or Madsen. Look at the trend...Brown, Dantoni, Scott...it doesn't matter. If the organization intends to lose to help the rebuilding process (i.e. rhymes with cenk), then the coach has to basically carry out those orders. The coach is part of management, not part of labor (players). now, whether or not scott is aware of this plan or not doesn't even matter. but that is the plan. the proof is in the pudding. when you suck, and you change things, and you still suck, and you change things, and you still suck...sucking is the goal...or to say it differently, winning definitely is NOT the goal.

From a business perspective, it makes sense. From a trying to win perspective, which is how fans think, it doesn't make sense.

Also...if you are a true fan, i think tanking makes sense. What's the point of barely making playoffs, or having a medium good non-playoff team and lose picks? I'd rather tank and get a better chance at a good team later.

This is a problem for the NBA. Tanking is a sensible strategy, so the NBA has a problem if they care at all. Growing pains...
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Please just fire him now
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I swear to (bleep) god. David stern is chancellor palpatine and that veto is order 66 What we see today has spiraled into a complete destruction of the laker republic

Last edited by 999 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Byron should do the right thing and just step down at the end of the season, so the focus can go back to the real problem with this team...Jimbo Buss.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
NewpLakersFan wrote:

LMAO just as stubborn as him too

DOAKES!
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Byron should do the right thing and just step down at the end of the season, so the focus can go back to the real problem with this team...Jimbo Buss.

Correction the whole Buss family is the problem not just Jim.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
I swear to (bleep) god. David stern is chancellor palpatine and that veto is order 66 What we see today has spiraled into a complete destruction of the laker republic

pretty much how i see it.

remember how dr. buss came out saying how he's actually for all of this? but i don't remember him explaining why. i don't get it. maybe he was just being polite? i don't know. he was basically saying that he supports taking actions that benefit the rest of the league at the expense of the lakers, and pretty much ONLY the Lakers.

There's only one other team at the time that could be accused of causing non-parity, and that is the Spurs. but look...Spurs are still same ol. The only team that suffered after the cba was the Lakers. I honestly think the word wouldn't even exist in the nba if not for the Lakers.

I never understood that comment.
purple8goldvanessa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

fire him now, we can still tank and develop our youth.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject:

NewpLakersFan wrote:

Surprise Mutha..can't believe I didn't see that until now. Someone call Lila.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
999 wrote:

pretty much how i see it.

remember how dr. buss came out saying how he's actually for all of this? but i don't remember him explaining why. i don't get it. maybe he was just being polite? i don't know. he was basically saying that he supports taking actions that benefit the rest of the league at the expense of the lakers, and pretty much ONLY the Lakers.

There's only one other team at the time that could be accused of causing non-parity, and that is the Spurs. but look...Spurs are still same ol. The only team that suffered after the cba was the Lakers. I honestly think the word wouldn't even exist in the nba if not for the Lakers.

I never understood that comment.

If I remember correctly, he expressed his frustration at an owner's meeting where he asked if there would be revenue sharing of the other owner's business ventures outside of basketball. He made the point that the Lakers franchise was his main business while other owners might not invest as much in their franchise but benefit from his efforts.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't it ba an irony if he plays DLo more going forward. DLo does good and saves Byron for one more year.

I'd be more than pissed
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: