Should the Lakers be gifted players?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Should the Lakers be gifted players?

If I was Adam Silver, I would make up for Stern vetoing the CP3 trade by giving the Lakers Durant, Draymond Green, and Okafor.

That the only right thing to do in my opinion.

Last edited by thehotsung8701A on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

All of them but Bloatafor
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Should the Lakers be gifted players?

thehotsung8701A wrote:
If I was Adam Silver, I would make up for Stern vetoing the CP3 trade by giving the Lakers Durant, Draymond Green, and Okafor.

That the only right thing to do in my opinion.

now this is a great idea!

you know, i've been so angry about it that i didn't think of it that way. i just posted how puzzled i was to hear dr. buss saying how he agrees with the league on the parity stuff during the cba.

but maybe, just maybe....
there is payback coming!

this has happened before. remember the 2006 great Wade robbery? well, stern told cuban that if he kept his mouth shut, payback would come. and it did in 2011 (also at the expense of the lakers). it took 5 years.

I also somehow think the gasol trade was payback for getting screwed in 2004. that was 4 years. so maybe in 4-5 years, the lakers will get some payback. i love this idea.

going by those timelines, it's just around the corner...2016-17? maybe you are on to something!! best thread of the year.
PatRileysHair
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

already had prime Pau Gasol for seemingly nothing at the time.

gift already sent
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed posting in my thread

Without a doubt this thread will be the greatest thread in Lakersground History!

P.S Great minds think alike!
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject:

thehotsung8701A wrote:
SuperboyReformed posting in my thread

Without a doubt this thread will be the greatest thread in Lakersground History!

P.S Great minds think alike!

yessir! more ideas like this, please!
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

PatRileysHair wrote:

gift already sent

first, that was before the cp3 screwage.
second, pau made up for 2004 screwage.
third, cp3 screwage screwed pau also, so it simply doesn't count.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

This will be a short thread.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

PatRileysHair wrote:

gift already sent

They got cap space to re-sign their core and got picks, one of whom became their all star center. So yeah...

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
PatRileysHair wrote:

gift already sent

first, that was before the cp3 screwage.
second, pau made up for 2004 screwage.
third, cp3 screwage screwed pau also, so it simply doesn't count.

Exactly! We need to get mad! Demand what is ours and never falter until justice prevail!

Perhaps we need to combine our-self to become one "SuperhotboyReformed"
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers '16-17 roster:

DeMarcus Cousins/Hassan Whiteside
Anthony Davis/Blake Griffin/Julius Randle
Lebron James/Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Durant//Paul George/Klay Thompson/Jordan Clarkson
Stephen Curry/Russell Westbrook/D'Angelo Russell
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Lakers '16-17 roster:

Now your just trolling.... not cool Bro! not cool mate. This is a serious discussion on a very serious thread.
PatRileysHair
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

thehotsung8701A wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Lakers '16-17 roster:

Now your just trolling.... not cool Bro! not cool mate. This is a serious discussion on a very serious thread.

i feel like this whole thread is just a troll thread because it's delusional. the NBA owned the New Orleans Hornets/Pels at the time of the trade. they could've sent CP3 to any team and rescinded the trade. i've moved on
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject:

PatRileysHair wrote:
thehotsung8701A wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Lakers '16-17 roster:

i feel like this whole thread is just a troll thread because it's delusional. the NBA owned the New Orleans Hornets/Pels at the time of the trade. they could've sent CP3 to any team and rescinded the trade. i've moved on

Nope they are not allow to do that, Stern broke the rule cause he hates the Lakers organization. Without the Lakers, Stern doesn't have a job and there is no basketball without the Lakers. The Lakers are basketball. Lakers are bigger than basketball itself.
PatRileysHair
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
PatRileysHair wrote:

gift already sent

They got cap space to re-sign their core and got picks, one of whom became their all star center. So yeah...

Was a steal at the time. It's easy to look back on everything in hindsight when looking at Marc. If younger brother Gasol turned out to be a dud, then i think the collective Laker nation will acknowledge it as higher robbery for Pau similar to how the Rockets robbed OKC of Harden in exchange for almost nothing.
PatRileysHair
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject:

thehotsung8701A wrote:
PatRileysHair wrote:
thehotsung8701A wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Lakers '16-17 roster:

Nope they are not allow to do that, Stern broke the rule cause he hates the Lakers organization. Without the Lakers, Stern doesn't have a job and there is no basketball without the Lakers. The Lakers are basketball. Lakers are bigger than basketball itself.

Yea this is a troll thread lol
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

PatRileysHair wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
PatRileysHair wrote:

gift already sent

Was a steal at the time. It's easy to look back on everything in hindsight when looking at Marc. If younger brother Gasol turned out to be a dud, then i think the collective Laker nation will acknowledge it as higher robbery for Pau similar to how the Rockets robbed OKC of Harden in exchange for almost nothing.

Pau Gasol never won anything before he came to the Lakers. He wasn't even a huge prize possession. He an above average center that was made better thanks to playing with Kobe Bryant. Kobe Bryant also made Ariza better. If it had been KG, then yeah that would have been a steal but it Pau not KG. I never even heard of Pau before he was traded to the Lakers.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

PatRileysHair wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
PatRileysHair wrote:

gift already sent

Two different scenarios. Memphis got what they wanted. They needed to re-sign their talent.

Okc was just cheap, plain and simple.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
PatRileysHair wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
PatRileysHair wrote:

gift already sent

Two different scenarios. Memphis got what they wanted. They needed to re-sign their talent.

Okc was just cheap, plain and simple.

They literally had Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka and they gave that Dynasty core away. I will never understand what is wrong with the Owner of the Thunder. Winning a championship cost money and they are already rich to start so I don't even understand but I couldn't be happier because OKC fans don't deserve that team
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Lakers '16-17 roster:

you know, back when i was just regular superboy...i was getting really angry at the fans here for not being upset more vocally at the officials. All the illegal screens, pushes in the back, unfavorable officiating on kobe, etc. I was getting banned left and right, posters here were justifying the refs, saying how it all balances. i was pissed.

I was pissed because of this...we are the biggest fanbase, we might be bigger than all the other fanbases combined. so we have a lot of power as fans compared to other teams. the NBA,as you can see, is not a very balanced league. basketball is a difficult sport to balance compared to football or soccer, etc. because there are so many points. there's no 7 point play that instantly changes the game. usually, in a consistently called league (not the NBA), the better team wins 99% of the time, and if you are a lot better, you are up by 20 by halftime. anyone who has played leagues knows this.

i felt that if the Laker fans were not vocal about their displeasure about all this (and we were not), the NBA gets away with all their business goals like parity and such. If the Laker fans are happy either way, who cares? even now, the fans are nowhere near as angry as they should be about that veto. You know how crazy that was???

well, it happened. and the lakers and ONLY the lakers paid the price. sucks. i mean, i hate to say it but i was really frustrated with our fans on that stuff. and now i still see it...a lot of influential posters here won't allow any criticism against curry, lebron...but it's open season on any lakers...including legends! magic, byron, kobe get routinely hammered here, but god forbid you say something bad about curry or lebron. it's like this crazy over compensation. this is LA guys, Lakerland. this is basketball mecca. there's no other pro sports team that was this successfull...10 rings in 30 years? 15 finals in 30 years??

and we lost it in 2011. and we barely made a stink about it. and here we are marveling at the warriors, a laughingstock organization until recently, praising lebron...an overhyped, unskilled, all muscle no brains klunky superstar...over most likely the most skilled player ever. and he plays for the cavs, owned by the guy RESPONSIBLE for the 2011 fiasco. i mean, it gets me mad.

i remember when Sam Bowie (picked first over MJ in the draft) was a Laker, and then wondering what if Jordan was a Laker. Then Kobe turned out to be Jordan a handful of years after we thought we'd never see a guy like MJ for a long time...and I just feel we've lost all this once in a not a lifetime, but like national history...kind of thing we had with the Buss Lakers.

I honestly don't expect to see a decade like the 80s or the 2000s for the Lakers in my lifetime again. And that's not pessimism, that's just pure logic. It is highly highly unusual to have two of those decades.

the warriors have a chance now for a decade of their own. although it won't line up properly with the decades, but they are poised for an amazing 10 year run like a 2015-2025 decade.
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

That the whole problem with American sports fans in general. They want this but they never willing to take action to do anything about it. How about boycott Lakers game on National TV back in 2011 when that happen so everyone will see it the Lakers versus Cavs and there not a single fan in the audience. How hard is it to do that? You can't live your life if you don't attend a few Lakers game?

I mean I grew up as a futbol fan. Every countries outside of the U.S has futbol/soccer as thier #1 sports and for good reason. The crowds and fans are the most passionate and if they feel they are cheated, they will let you know right away. The amount of Boo they give coaches, refs, players, gm, owners, organization is what all sport fans should strive for. I guess both of our personality don't fit that of your typical American sports fan. There just no passion in American sports for whatever reason. American fans don't realize that without fans, there is no sports but yet we let the players and owners control everything. The Owners, coaches, and players make money off of overprice sports tickets. Without your money and support, LeBron would probably be homeless.

It not just you Superboy, I am so much more passionate than most sport fans it crazy.

What that (bleep) David Stern did to the Lakers is the same as what DJ did to the Mavs. The Mavs overpaid Wesley Matthew ensuring DJ to the Mavs was a done deal but it wasn't. The same thing happen to us when we lost Odom and Gasol because David Stern broke the rule otherwise we would have never had those two guys out in trade talk.
PatRileysHair
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Lakers '16-17 roster:

you know, back when i was just regular superboy...i was getting really angry at the fans here for not being upset more vocally at the officials. All the illegal screens, pushes in the back, unfavorable officiating on kobe, etc. I was getting banned left and right, posters here were justifying the refs, saying how it all balances. i was pissed.

I was pissed because of this...we are the biggest fanbase, we might be bigger than all the other fanbases combined. so we have a lot of power as fans compared to other teams. the NBA,as you can see, is not a very balanced league. basketball is a difficult sport to balance compared to football or soccer, etc. because there are so many points. there's no 7 point play that instantly changes the game. usually, in a consistently called league (not the NBA), the better team wins 99% of the time, and if you are a lot better, you are up by 20 by halftime. anyone who has played leagues knows this.

i felt that if the Laker fans were not vocal about their displeasure about all this (and we were not), the NBA gets away with all their business goals like parity and such. If the Laker fans are happy either way, who cares? even now, the fans are nowhere near as angry as they should be about that veto. You know how crazy that was???

well, it happened. and the lakers and ONLY the lakers paid the price. sucks. i mean, i hate to say it but i was really frustrated with our fans on that stuff. and now i still see it...a lot of influential posters here won't allow any criticism against curry, lebron...but it's open season on any lakers...including legends! magic, byron, kobe get routinely hammered here, but god forbid you say something bad about curry or lebron. it's like this crazy over compensation. this is LA guys, Lakerland. this is basketball mecca. there's no other pro sports team that was this successfull...10 rings in 30 years? 15 finals in 30 years??

and we lost it in 2011. and we barely made a stink about it. and here we are marveling at the warriors, a laughingstock organization until recently, praising lebron...an overhyped, unskilled, all muscle no brains klunky superstar...over most likely the most skilled player ever. and he plays for the cavs, owned by the guy RESPONSIBLE for the 2011 fiasco. i mean, it gets me mad.

i remember when Sam Bowie (picked first over MJ in the draft) was a Laker, and then wondering what if Jordan was a Laker. Then Kobe turned out to be Jordan a handful of years after we thought we'd never see a guy like MJ for a long time...and I just feel we've lost all this once in a not a lifetime, but like national history...kind of thing we had with the Buss Lakers.

I honestly don't expect to see a decade like the 80s or the 2000s for the Lakers in my lifetime again. And that's not pessimism, that's just pure logic. It is highly highly unusual to have two of those decades.

the warriors have a chance now for a decade of their own. although it won't line up properly with the decades, but they are poised for an amazing 10 year run like a 2015-2025 decade.

I may remember your posts from those years. I had different username back then.

I'm a realist and a rationalist. The way i see things, every fan base thinks their team get's jobbed by refs. EVERYONE. Every fan base thinks they get the short end of the stick somehow, the other team cheated somehow, the league hates them for some reason. I had my complaints about reffing but i stopped. I had to stop making those complaints because i don't wanna look like one of those stark raving lunatic fans who sound whiny all the time. Reality check is that EVERYONE IS BIASED TOWARD THEIR OWN TEAM. You see things based on your own biases. Go on other message boards and see how they're biased toward their own team and how refs "screw them over"

Oh and the Chris Paul screwage. I've moved on. When you dwell on crap like that, you get eaten up by your own thoughts of how badly things are now and how much better they should've been. That's why i choose to make peace with it or else it's stark raving lunatic fan that only has salt in their veins.
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

PatRileysHair wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Lakers '16-17 roster:

I'm a realist and a rationalist. The way i see things, every fan base thinks their team get's jobbed by refs. EVERYONE. Every fan base thinks they get the short end of the stick somehow, the other team cheated somehow, the league hates them for some reason. I had my complaints about reffing but i stopped. I had to stop making those complaints because i don't wanna look like one of those stark raving lunatic fans who sound whiny all the time. Reality check is that EVERYONE IS BIASED TOWARD THEIR OWN TEAM. You see things based on your own biases. Go on other message boards and see how they're biased toward their own team and how refs "screw them over"

Oh and the Chris Paul screwage. I've moved on. When you dwell on crap like that, you get eaten up by your own thoughts of how badly things are now and how much better they should've been. That's why i choose to make peace with it or else it's stark raving lunatic fan all over again

No way, every championships since 2011 should be ours man. There is no Miami Big 3, no stupid GS 13 year old looking superstar, no OKC, no Spurs, no nothing. Kobe would have way more championship than MJ.

Don't you understand? The Lakers would have their 20th or 21st championship right now. How are you going to let that stuff go?
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject:

thehotsung8701A wrote:
That the whole problem with American sports fans in general. They want this but they never willing to take action to do anything about it. How about boycott Lakers game on National TV back in 2011 when that happen so everyone will see it the Lakers versus Cavs and there not a single fan in the audience. How hard is it to do that? You can't live your life if you don't attend a few Lakers game?

I mean I grew up as a futbol fan. Every countries outside of the U.S has futbol/soccer as thier #1 sports and for good reason. The crowds and fans are the most passionate and if they feel they are cheated, they will let you know right away. The amount of Boo they give coaches, refs, players, gm, owners, organization is what all sport fans should strive for. I guess both of our personality don't fit that of your typical American sports fan. There just no passion in American sports for whatever reason. American fans don't realize that without fans, there is no sports but yet we let the players and owners control everything. The Owners, coaches, and players make money off of overprice sports tickets. Without your money and support, LeBron would probably be homeless.

It not just you Superboy, I am so much more passionate than most sport fans it crazy.

What that (bleep) David Stern did to the Lakers is the same as what DJ did to the Mavs. The Mavs overpaid Wesley Matthew ensuring DJ to the Mavs was a done deal but it wasn't. The same thing happen to us when we lost Odom and Gasol because David Stern broke the rule otherwise we would have never had those two guys out in trade talk.

man...a boycott like that would be powerful. i can't see that happening in this city, though. too many diverse people...that stadium will be filled one way or the other. also, living in LA is not easy, and we need the Lakers to keep us sane. So it's a tough thing. i can see some kind of boycott on the tv stuff, like something that affects the ratings (didn't i hear recently that twc is not that thrilled with our ratings?)...but there are just too many laker fans to do what you are saying. there are so many laker fans man....all these stadiums in other cities chanting kobe (celtics?!)...there are so many. even Jordan didn't get that kind of treatment, that's uniquely a Laker thing....and a modern thing.

my hopes are basically pinned on the size of our fanbase, and it remaining so for as long as possible. the warriors are going to be getting a lot of fans now, but it will never reach these proportions. so i'm just hoping the nba satiates the laker fans every once in a while in coming years and throws us a championship once in a while to stave off the revolution. it can't be good for business to have unhappy laker fans for more than 5 years, can it?

so my recommendation for laker fans is the following attitudes...
1) lebron is overrated
2) complain loudly for unfavorable officiating against the lakers (doesn't matter if it happens to other teams)
3) complain loudly about any player that is considered to be better than ANY Laker legend. MJ, Russell, doesn't matter.
4) argue to the brink of fighting (just a little less) if someone compliments any non-laker entity.

Here's an example:
others: "Warriors are amazing!"
Laker fan: "That's only because they are being run by Jerry West, a Laker."

and so on.
PatRileysHair
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject:

thehotsung8701A wrote:
PatRileysHair wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Lakers '16-17 roster:

Oh and the Chris Paul screwage. I've moved on. When you dwell on crap like that, you get eaten up by your own thoughts of how badly things are now and how much better they should've been. That's why i choose to make peace with it or else it's stark raving lunatic fan all over again

No way, every championships since 2011 should be ours man. There is no Miami Big 3, no stupid GS 13 year old looking superstar, no OKC, no Spurs, no nothing. Kobe would have way more championship than MJ.

Don't you understand? The Lakers would have their 20th or 21st championship right now. How are you going to let that stuff go?

Yea posts like these i can't take you seriously. How do you know it'll reach to a 21st championship right now? How do you trust Jimmy Buss to allow Mitch to build the right team around CP3 & Kobe? Yea adding superstars isn't a sure fire thing or else the Miami Heatles would be continually running the table.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: